Input (Keyboard/Mouse) issues since 10.1, character stuck running

Understood. Just wanted to add another solution to the list.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve unsubbed. Not doing it to be spitefulā€¦ I know 10.1 only launched yesterday. I just cannot play with this glitch happening constantly. Hereā€™s hoping they acknowledge and fix this quickly. I have game time until May 15 so Iā€™ll check in until then. In the meantime, if I get the urge to play I guess Iā€™ll look into this X-Mouse Button Control.

2 Likes

Binding Strafe Left or Strafe Right to my Mouse 4 or Mouse 5 keys and then pressing Mouse 1+2 at the same time as a strafe key forces my character to start auto running in the direction of the strafe. I do not experience this bug if I rebind my Strafe keys to non-mouse buttons. This issue was present on the 10.1 PTR and didnā€™t start until this patch.

Like other players have mentioned, I would appreciate it if a proper solution to this issue is found soon, as I would prefer not to resort to either third party programs or rebinding my strafe keys to resolve this issue.

3 Likes

This is happening with Mouse button 5 as well

Hey all,

I was able to reproduce this behavior with strafe movement getting stuck (auto run) when bound to mouse 4 / mouse 5 buttons. Thanks for all of the info that has been shared in this thread so far, it definitely helps.

It is being investigated further. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

thank you for your help

Awesome. For now for anyone having this issue, using software to remap those buttons to other keys (say, numpad 7 / 8) and use those in-game is a temp. fix

Having this issues as well. Is there a simple solution to do this for those of us that arenā€™t technological savants?

This is happening to me everytime as well. If I hit both strafe buttons (mouse 4 and 5) I auto strafe run in whatever direction my last button was hit. or If I auto run with holding in both mouse buttons and strafe itā€™ll continue to strafe. Literally has never done this in till 10.1, but it literally makes the game unplayable.

1 Like

how do you do that?

I have a logitech mouse, so I used GHUB. There are apps like Rewasd too but I donā€™t know of any free ones.

im having the same issueā€¦ please fix it! thank you

100% having this exact issue. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Thank god I found your post, at least the remapping fix will do it for me for the time being

Thank you for looking into this!

1 Like

Here to report same issue. Strafe using mouse button 4/5. While holding down mouse 4 or 5 to strafe if I left or right mouse button click Iā€™m stuck strafing in that direction. I have to click the mouse 4 or 5 in the same direction to stop. I have disabled all add-ons. Deleted interface, cache and WTF files, and tried using 3 different mice, razer death adder, corsair m40 and Logitech mx518. Issue still persists

3 Likes

I am having a similar issue with Auto Run. I use my mouse 4 and mouse 5 for forward and back respectively. If I am holding m4 and then left or right click, it enables auto run. I usually have autorun linked to middle mouse button. Same thing happens with moving backward.

Started happening post patch.
My mouse drivers have all been updated post patch.

Mouse: Razer Basilisk v3

2 Likes

I just saw that a WoW update went through a few mins ago so I logged and tried a skirmish. Strafe problem still happening. Not fixed yet.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s unfortunate :frowning:

1 Like

anyone have advice on how to remap mouse for MacOS? I have deathadder and imac.