Innocent Collateral Damage from Goal to Prevent GRIZZLY from Scarab Lord

I was with the alliance groups trying to use the PvP option. When we ran in from the desert I got to the back part of the CoT before the horde spawned in. I was dead before I knew it.

When we went to try the rez-sapper solution to see if we could open a window it was 30-40 seconds after I first clicked the Rez button that I spawned in and even though I was clicking the Rez button and spamming my sapper button I didn’t get a sapper off. I was dead before I knew it.

Eventually it got so bad that we were frozen in place at the graveyard and couldn’t even run back to our bodies without /camp to log out and then log back in.

We had at least 3 raid groups worth of alliance ready to try to sapper Rez and even though we counted down over discord we all popped up in groups 10-15 seconds apart so we couldn’t do enough damage to counter the chain heal spam or the sappers just didn’t go off.

It was the worst lag I’ve ever seen on a blizzard server. I don’t know how the hamster running it didn’t die.

4 Likes

Yes. BWL reset around 10:30. Sadly it does take at least semi full raid to complete. While some people can play from 11am-3pm like people going for scarab lord, not enough can play to field a full raid at noon on a tuesday. It was also not obvious that the quest would need to be turned in by noon to avoid the horde crashing the server. Therefore the guilds did not ask people to take off a day of work ahead of time. Hindsight is 20/20, which you seem to have a lot of. If everyone in the impacted guilds knew how this was going to go down, yes, they would have cleared BWL with full buffs and consumes at 11:54 am, and turned in the quest immediately.

For complete clarity, we are talking about guilds that completed a quest chain several days faster than certain streamers who play 24/7 and are constantly fed gold. Your position is that they should have done it faster somehow.

For one second, stop posting, think for a second, and try to put yourself in the shoes of the alliance guilds caught in the crossfire.

5 Likes

My position is definitely not that they should have done it faster somehow. I was questioning why it wasn’t done faster and I got my answer, which is a perfectly reasonable one.

PvP servers ARE the terrible servers.

1 Like

Keeping anachronos in combat can happen on a PVE server too bud, and the opposite faction cant do anything to stop it. Oh and even if you wanted to use the pvp solution for a pvp server and fight them away, you cant because the servers are crashing not allowing any gameplay ^.^

What is so Epic about it? Basically I see a bunch of people become what they were complaining about, then act as if they are some kind of hero. All that was accomplished to the majority of the players that aren’t Grizzely, is that you became the griefers. Congatulations.

1 Like

You guys keep trying to push the narrative that the Horde were intentionally trying to lag the servers…when the reality was that we were just showing up to wPvP.

It was a side-effect of everyone showing up.

Honestly if you guys want to keep trying to sell it like that, I don’t even feel bad at all. You guys can shove it.

When the zone is already crashing, roughly 60% of the players there are actually just standing around not participating in ANY pvp, and people are STILL spamming “WE NEED MORE AT TANARIS TO STOP GRIZZLY” that seems like intent. When horde players are /yelling “NAH BLIZZ, DONT FIX YOUR SERVERS” they definitely are aware of whats going on and don’t care. You can keep trying to say lag was just a side effect, but thats BS, you’re glad how it ended regardless of how many people were affected, and theres no way to convince someone like you that its something Blizzard needs to handle.

1 Like

Dude why would we just stop sending people because we were afraid the servers might crash? That’s not our fault. Did you send your raid back to town after you rolled up to BRM for the first time trying to get into BWL with the server lag? What about the starting zones at launch? Did you log off because you were worried that poor Blizzard’s servers would crash? Do you guys just turn around when massive lag spikes hit while you are raiding cities?

No, you didn’t. That’s absolutely idiotic to avoid a massive event in an MMORPG because of lag. And it makes you guys look even more desperate. It’s silly to pay a monthly sub-fee to a company for a product—then when their technology can’t handle it just say “Woah guys, we better pack it up and give this AAA company’s servers a break.” Nah hahaha.

1 Like

Regardless of what it means to anyone, the principle is still the exact same my man. I’m not going to avoid an event in a game that I pay for just because that company isn’t properly equipped to handle it.

Sorry.

So you agree, Blizzard wasn’t properly equipped to handle the player base in the zone. Thanks

I never disagreed with that, my friend. I disagreed with the fact that the Horde were intentionally trying to lag the servers out. We wanted to defend that point, so we sent as many people as we could there. How else would you guys have acted in our position?

I’m not upset at the horde for doing what they did, I’m glad they stopped Grizzly, I wrote that in the original post. What I am upset about is that layering wasn’t in place when its clearly Blizzards solution to the problem we were experiencing (insane server lag), and Blizzard refused to do anything about it, where-as other servers like Faerlina have had layers in place since the beginning of the AQ event.

1 Like

I agree, stories like these don’t happen too often in a video game. It’s honestly one of the things that make classic WoW so unique.

1 Like

That’s fair. I can agree with that.

I usually hover closer to nochanges arguments…but this event is the ONLY time I wanted layers as well specifically because the PTR proved it to be volatile. It’s a shame, because it’s such a cool event.

1 Like

As you seem to be one of the horde that was present, why would you not listen to souffle when he asked everyone to leave? He was affected the most by the grizzly mass reporting and he feels really bad about the whole event. Sure grizzly griefed people in the world, but the whole event occurred because souffle was banned, and that very person did not wish this horde “griefing” event to continue.

I think it goes beyond just the mass reporting thing. It was a culmination of everything that happened with Grizzly. I’d imagine most people were there to fire back at Grizzly not because of the mass reporting, and because of…well…everything that has happened with them since they transfered.

You really think 600+ Horde are going to leave because one guy said to pack it up? If you weren’t in his raid how do you even see a warning like that? Public channels were scrolling so fast there is a very large chance at missing it in world, LFG, etc. You know about the lag issues—a /yell would’ve been just as ineffective. Discord? Yeah like 25-30 of those 600 were actively in discord at the time. Even if they did hear it, you can’t just control hundreds of other people like that. Come on man, let’s get real here.

Sorry you were in the middle of all of it.

Souffle told me himself he tried to get everyone to leave because he himself knew how felt to be helpless and didn’t want anyone else to go through that. Also you seem to be implying it was getting out of control and everyone just had mob mentality there? Do you honestly think everyone would have been able to “pack up” and leave if ahmps left early to give us an opportunity to turn in? Seems like a giant group of people that were uncontrollable.

You realize Blizzards standard compensation for “unplayable” is game time equal to the time loss. Would you be okay with that?

This sounds mostly like a “I want my mount cry cry” more than anything else.

It’s a PVP server, and the community acted in a way they see fit, you could have done a PVE server if you wanted to.

I mean I won’t disagree with that.