Infinite boss pull raid grief

I’m sure they would pull them out. They’re pulling the mobs onto them.

Also, as the GM said himself, there’s a timer that’s supposed to kick them from the instance. If they’re bypassing the timer, pretty sure that’s an offense.

The timer is in place to give a warning that the player needs to take action. Generally, it’s there for someone who was mistakenly kicked, to give a buffer to the raid to get them re-invited.

Being in-combat is an action which removes that timer. Because as someone saved to the Raid ID, trying to progress in that dungeon is an acceptable action.

It is not. This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed, you can add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

Being in combat doesn’t remove the timer. Being invited back is what removes the timer. You can test it yourself, being in combat will not stop the timer.

They’re resetting the timer by relogging. Its only supposed to last 60 seconds or until they’re invited back.

It’s there to prevent players who were kicked for a reason to staying in the group instance any longer. Sure, it’s a buffer too, I’ll agree to that. But its not there because, “someone was mistakenly kicked.”

The GM never mentioned anything about it though. I don’t think its, “the current policy.” If you told a GM that someone was bypassing the timer by relogging and continuously pulling the boss to kill people, they would agree that is an offense.

If it didn’t remove the timer, then there’s no issue, and the player would’ve been removed after 60 seconds.

It is not, because any player saved to that Raid ID has a right to be there.

It is the current policy.

They would not. Training a boss onto other players would be, but continually pulling to boss to not be removed from the instance is not.

This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed in any way, please add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

It didn’t remove the timer because he relogged. Relogging resets the timer back to 60 seconds. The player normally would have been removed after 60 seconds, because that’s what is supposed to happen. But instead, he’s bypassing it by relogging.

Bypassing the timer by relogging is the current policy? Wanna show me where this is said?

Which is exactly what the dude was doing lol.

But he doesn’t give up his rights to be in the instance, because he is saved to the Raid ID.

This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed in any way, please add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

Also, this was a different poster in this thread.

This was not the situation given by the original post above.

Irony…

The poster had no idea how they were staying inside the instance. This is the only way people can stay inside an instance when given the 60 sec kick timer. They’re either reinvited to get rid of it, or they relog to reset the timer.

Thats what this person was doing.

Edit: Also, if you don’t know, you can be punished for continuously resetting the 60 sec kick timer. It’s happened to a friend of mine lol.

These are not the only ways.

The OP made no mention of the other player relogging, which is something he would’ve seen happening. Relogging was something that another poster said, about their own experience.

If you would like to see a change, post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

Yes it is, because being in combat doesn’t reset the timer. The only thing that gets rid of timer or resets it is being invited back or by relogging.

If these aren’t the “only ways,” please explain what the other ways are. The OP didnt have to mention it, because they didn’t know how it was being done until we explained it.

Yes it does. It’s been well-documented on the forums, and especially in the threads I linked above.

It’s ok to be wrong. You don’t even have to admit it here. People make mistakes. What’s important is people learn from them.

If you would like to see a change to the current policy, post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

You can legit test it right now. It doesn’t lol. Want me to record a video for you? I was just in a mythic pug for the first 4 bosses of Nya’lotha. The raid group was disbanded, someone pulled the boss, we still had the 60 second timer.

How do you think Diago’s situation was resolved? They kept the boss in combat for 1 minute to prevent the person pulling from logging out, and the 60 second timer took effect.

Don’t need to, but thanks.

Yes, because that person wasn’t able to pull the boss. Their group had the tag, not his “group” (being just him). This is not secret stuff.

It’s ok to be wrong about it. No worries. If you would like to see a change to the current policy, post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

The only wrong one here is you my guy :frowning:

Just trolling at this point, not a good look :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hundreds of threads and dozens of Blue posts say differently, “my guy”.

If you would like to see a change to the current policy, post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

didn’t ask.

You’re in the wrong and I’m done in the thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not at all. Check out the threads linked.

Don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the Dungeon and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

Or the player pulling the boss repeatedly could create their own raid group (by making a listing on group finder, then selecting “convert to raid”), which results in them being “a raid group”. That is the requirement for entering and staying in a raid instance, is it not?

You should know, considering that you quoted it first:

That “a” results in a very important distinction, in case it isn’t obvious.