Increased Loot Drops with 12-Month Cadence?

What? You do realize you don’t even have to pay Lizzard anything anymore or the right amount if you want to keep your sub ye? And all the pservers have options to donate to em. So again, I ask you, how would you know what I pay? You don’t

No Im not spewing bile. Im just pointing out that classic or this new version of it, is not the best it could be. Its gonna be infested by bots again, gold buying will be rampant as well as abuse. Not to mention countless of bugs. Just look at the brewfest posts here. I am just saying, Lizzard does its best to not deliver the best product they could. And the biggest argument for playing these servers is the security. You came in here arguing that they might delete em after their cycle.

All i said was, if they do, everything that speaks for their product (compared to their competitors, the authentic pservers) goes out the window.

No, you’re actively saying that the product is bad and that private servers do better.

If you don’t hate the game, or the company, maybe dial back a bit on the “Everything they do is bad and they should feel bad” rhetoric, and you might not get ignored all the time.

I’ve played plenty of other MMOs. The quality of the product is far superior to most of them out there, and it’s really only a few that stand even close, like FFXIV, Eve, maybe GW2.

1 Like

lol they do. But i have neither stake with Lizzard or the Pservers. Its just an objective fact.

I think you mispelled subjective there. Please provide the ‘objective’ metric you used.

1 Like

No lol, its objective. Unlike Lizzard the authentic server did not try to add or change the game, and did all they could to recreate vanilla. Classic was supposed to be a faithful recreation of vanilla. And Lizzard added things like layering on day 1 or added cross realm bgs, that only existed at the very very end of real vanilla.

Wether I like theirs or Pservers better has nothing to do with the fact that some pservers def. try harder to stay true to the original game.
Wether you like it or not.

“Says you”. Which is subjective…

To go back to the original discussion, because you’ve gone way off track here:

I don’t think Blizzard will make characters inaccessible. That would be detrimental to their brand. However, I don’t think they want to maintain a thousand dead servers either. So I would like more info on what they intend to do with the characters (not the servers) after the 12 month season is complete.

1 Like

No these are facts. I didn’t make em up. If you like Lizzards version more, thats fine, but its not more true to vanilla than their pserver competition. And the idea was to recreate vanilla… so if you follow those breadcrumbs… whoever has less changes, did the better job

Well but thats their biggest selling point unfortunately, cause its not the authenticity of the game.

You keep saying that like it matters.

Objective facts can be proved with evidence. Subjective facts are people’s opinions, impressions and beliefs. Feel free to provide an objective metric that isn’t “Because I say so”.

To be clear Seasons of Mastery is not trying to be “authentic”. It’s taking the base Vanilla model and intentionally making changes.

If you want Authentic, then that’s the existing WoW Classic, or Private Servers if you think they’re better.

Seasons of Mastery is not meant to be ‘authentic Classic attempt #3’.

1 Like

Lol… you funny

Lol i did … you just chose to ignore em. Just look at nost, look at ND… look at classic. Layering, botters, wrong pathing, gold buying etc. Just look at the facts.

I know they threw that out the window. But they also did that with classic, which was supposed to be authentic… it wasn’t.

In your opinion those servers did it better. Except many of those servers had botting, gold buying (some endorsed by the server) and plenty of bugs. Even the organizers agree (at least on the bugs).

“Take my word for it” is literally not objective.

Ok. And? This is Season of Mastery. There is no #NoChanges, because it’s set up specifically to be #SomeChanges.

Therefore there’s no guarantee that servers will remain as is, instead of merging all the characters, or even (worst case) removing them after the 12 months. All options are on the table until they explicitly rule them out.

Saying “That’s not authentic” or “They can’t do that” is irrelevant. It’s ‘subjective facts’ again.

1 Like

Nah reading is hard because I have very clearly stated multiple times that I don’t care whether there is increased loot. Get this through your head. I DON’T CARE WHETHER THEY INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF LOOT. Should I repeat it a few more times?

This is what I mean when I say people like you are intentionally obtuse. It doesn’t matter what I say. It doesn’t matter what you say. All that matters is blizzard’s bottom line and the bottom line for this particular classic structure is VERY likely to be increased with increased loot. Straight up, I expect them to increase it and I expect people like you to come crying on the forums about it all while continuing to subscribe and play on those servers.

1 Like

Did i say they were perfect? No. I said they tried to be authentic. Did I say they had no bots or gold buyers? No. I know that if you got caught buying gold or botting on ND/Nost, you did get a ban. Unlike on classic.

Also you always have to see it in regards to the 15 dollar fee. Did nost cost you 15 dollars a month? No. Does Classic? yes. Is the quality the same… even if you downplay nost and say… well its about the same, its still better value overall.

Its not my word, its a fact. Layering, server mismanagment, phases, broken promises on when to release said phases etc. (thats just a small part) are all documented facts on how Lizzard launched classic. Its not my word, its what they did. Nost had bugs yes, nost wasn’t perfect yes, but did they try to recreate vanilla? yes. Progressive itemization, no cross faction BGs (that was a thing at the very very end of 1.12, before TBC pre patch), no layering etc.

Again not perfect, but what you expect? Its a private enterprise.

Even in the classic there wasn’t #no changes. They couldn’t control themselves.

And yea, you might be right, maybe they delete the servers come the 12 month mark… but all i said was, if they do, you might as well play the better versions of the game that are out there then. Thats all i said.

Well if they do, its completely against what they claim they want to achieve with this iteration of classic.

Classic WoW launched Aug 2019 and TBC prepatch was live May 2021.

Leveling was slower than it will be in SoM, so that added a week or so. On top of that, everyone except the sweaties (or baddie GDKP carries) quit farming Naxx 2-3 months earlier, making the true cadence 19-20months.

Considering how common Thunderfury is in TBC, I’d say the drops rates are just fine and will still be fine with a 12 month cadence.

Stop the pathetic attempt at getting Blizz to hand out loot faster because you feel entitled to be fully geared before each new raid. That’s what split runs are for, but you are just too lazy to do it.

except most vanilla raid encounters are not skill checks, but rather gear checks

It doesn’t matter how “skilled” you are when you don’t have enough resistance gear to handle mechanics, or enough DPS or healing because you’re not geared enough

People <60 cleared Classic MC in week 1 wearing greens.

The only dps issue will be Sapphiron without WBs, which is a good thing.

If you want more gear per week, you can do split runs with your guild.

1 Like

blizzard has never done anything like that before. i highly doubt they will start now, when it’s very easy for them to just keep the characters and servers around, and offer paid transfers and other services lol

Sweaty Mode Engaged.

They’ve never spun up new servers with a new cadence anywhere like this before. What happens in 5 years when there’s 1000 dead servers and it’s Season 6?

1 Like

They just posted an entry you should read. This sounds very much like they are not locked into “what they’ve done before”.

sure sounds like they’re going to allow your characters to persist in some way and not just automatically delete them in 12 months. kind of exactly what i said.