Increased Loot Drops with 12-Month Cadence?

Glad to see you know agree with me then, since my point was they won’t:

but rather they will need to either move or remove characters. Note that they didn’t say the servers will persist.

Or you just swipe the credit card get into a GDKP and you have all your BiS for phase 2 ezpz

2 Likes

Not being trolly here, but I don’t see why it’s necessary that everyone gets fully geared. I kind of like the idea that gear will be more scarce. Seems like it’ll mean more when you get a piece.

What are you even going on about? Wow token isn’t in classic.

Don’t need increased loot drops.

2 Likes

To be up front, I don’t personally care whether they add more loot. Their statement pretty well says they won’t which TBH I am pretty surprised by.

If we are talking MC / BWL I agree. Once we start moving into AQ40 and Naxx the lack of gear starts to really show and my big concern is that they will lose a ton of subscriptions due to a lot of guilds / players who were able to clear the content in Classic who will not be able to do so in SoM.

That said, I think this change (well, lack of change) will have the direct effect of making SoM waaaaaaaaay closer to what it felt like trying to progress in Vanilla. I just think that a lot of people will be turned off by the challenge. That doesn’t make their choice to not add more loot wrong.

People buy gold without tokens. Two seperate raiding guilds i was in told me they had their personal sellers for gold / bulk lotus and plaguebloom. Now come to think about it, I had 7 60’s and raided in 5 guilds and every single one atleast 1 member who openly talked about buying gold. It’s so common.

Well thats their choice to put their account at risk.

“Their choice” affects server economy, guild participation, and health of the game. There is a lot of content out there explaining how elements of p2w are parasitic to mmo’s.

The issue of accelerated raid schedules and loot scarcity is that the design rewards buying gold and participating in gdkps greater than Classic did, where it was a problem there. If gold has greater value then botting also yields greater rewards.

It may sound like just complaining to you but prior to Classic’s launch I wrote long posts on RP-PVP servers, I made a discord for all RP-PVP Guild leaders to amplify each other’s content to get the servers and eventually they were added. Grobbulus RP-PVP ended as a top 4 populated realm in NA. I like this game a lot and I don’t want to just say “game’s sh!t” because it doesn’t have to be.

2 Likes

No point in worrying about things that are beyond my control. I can’t stop people from buying gold so I don’t make a big deal about it.

Still trying to figure out just what you are going on about too. Nothing you’ve said has had any relation to my initial post.