Increased Drop Rate? Tetrachromancer

Found it weird that there isn’t a core thread for this achievment, but with the drop rates (ripped from wowhead) can we at least see increased drops? i don’t mind a good old fashion grind, but this seems rather excessive.

The Weekly purple bag, has a drop rate of ~1.8% for each colour - 1 in 450 attempts
The Blue bag, has a drop rate of ~1.2% for each colour 1 in 750 attempts
The White bag, has a drop rate of ~0.4% for each colour. 1 in 1 in 2250 attempts.

Since there are 9 colours just doing the weekly purple Sachel it will take you approximately 450 weeks… or 8.6 years.

If you want this achievement for the meta - DO NOT JUST DO THE WEEKLY HUNT

Considering a reasonable human maximum of doing 15 grand hunt attempts per day, we can calculate the number of weeks it would take to collect all colours:
Given:
• Once a week, you get 1 attempt at a 1.8% drop chance.
• Once a week, you get 1 attempt at a 1.4% drop chance.
• 104 times a week, you get a 0.4% chance per attempt.
Calculation:

1. For the 1.8% drop chance: Expected attempts per week = 1 * 1.8% = 0.018 chance per colour
  2. For the 1.4% drop chance: Expected attempts per week = 1 * 1.4% = 0.014 chance per colour
  3. For the 0.4% drop chance: Expected attempts per week = 104 * 0.4% = 0.416 chance per colour
8 Likes

Agreed! The drop rate should be much higher for these collors, specially since its part of the DF meta achievment. Its been a pain trying to get these collors

2 Likes

The achievement is account wide so do it on all of your alts for the increased chance.

Can confirm, got the achieve as soon as i started running on alts.

The crappy part is i only have 1 other max leveled toon.

Yeah, this might need a look at because it’s too punishing to players without max level alts, but I was missing 4 at the start of this week, my main got 1 then I ran my army of 10 lv 70s and got 2 more so only missing 1 color now.

1 Like

Yeah i don’t mind a good grind, but i’d like the drop rates increased slightly.

1 Like

Wowhead droprate is extremely wrong because these are one-time items and you can’t ever get duplicates. There is NO WAY they’re <2%, it is far higher.

I completed this within 2 months of DF release and was only doing side stuff like hunts on my main. Even then it was mostly the epic bag for the mount chance, yet getting a Tetrachomancer item every other week.

Must be lucky this marks the 3rd week i haven’t received one on my main and alt.

I like a good grind as long as I like the mechanic I’m grinding. Grinding mobs for rep? Fine. Grinding something like the Zaralek dig maps, or pet battles? Eww.

1 Like

This one is terrible. I’ve done hundreds of hunts, and am missing one. I feel like the drop rate needs to be increased significantly…

2 Likes

My last one just doesn’t want to drop. :frowning:

1 Like

I have said this on other threads but… I LOVE a good grind and/or achievement but when it comes down to low RNG drop for a final part. Feels bad. I dont mind doing the first 3 hunts on all my toons but after 4 weeks of not one new color…oof.

They could always add a failsafe that once you’re at max rep you can trade hunting trophies in for the colors. Make it expensive like 100 trophies per color or something. They’d still require effort to get, but it would be a little more reasonable.

4 Likes

This would be really reasonable, if they don’t want to increase the drop rate

Does anyone know if level 60+ can get the appearances in the bag. Wondering if I should start doing hunts on those alts too…

Another week of no colors :frowning:

1 Like

Got it on like my 4th or 5th alt today in a green bag. Hooray. I can move on. They seriously need to buff the drop rate.

I still think they should make the colors purchasable. Require the player to be max rep with the centaur and make it cost a bunch of hunt trophies. That way if rng isn’t on your side you can still do the achievement with some effort.

1 Like

Got this on my 6th alt yesterday, 7 tries. 6 tries for the purple bag and 1 for the blue bag. Dropped from a purple bag.

1 Like