Incorrect Information in Support Article

Hello!

This new support article has been grossly inaccurate since at least September 17, 2020 which was around the time it was written. European and Classic realms are mixed with American realms (thus making the Classic list incomplete), connected realms are wrong, and some servers listed were Classic realm tests for developers and do not even exist. I believe this is due to the way realms are set up internally, as I have seen players reporting glitches/realm transfers with their Wyrmrest Accord character that listed them on Theradras (a German EU server); these two realms are grouped together incorrectly.

This has caused a lot of confusion, especially for new players: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/lzd0h0/what_realm_is_linked_to_stormscale_eu/

I reported this on the Blizzard/Battlenet forums in Support Site Feedback; is there anywhere else I should submit this?

(If any players want to give negative feedback at the bottom of the article, it may help to get it looked at and fixed sooner.)

Thank you for your help!

I think this is better suited on the website bug report forum as the CS forum.

1 Like

The article isn’t new, but was updated about a month ago.

Do you have a list of which realms you believe are in the wrong place, Jacquell?

4 Likes

Probably half of all of them are all jumbled up. It would take me a while to cross-reference them all but I can come up with one if you want.

That shouldn’t be necessary. I thought you might have created a list when you reported the article was incorrect as a reference.

It’s generally easier to say “These… belong on the EU list, these … belong on the NA one…”. Hehe.

Thanks, Jacquell.

I would have had less of them been wrong, it would be a very long list. xD

There are a number of EU realms and NA realms in retail that have the same name. I have this character on Bloodhoof(NA) and Bloodhoof(EU). I have characters on Doomhammer(NA) and Doomhammer(EU).

NA connected
Bloodhoof, Duskwood, Bloodrazor
Azuresong, Baelgun, Doomhammer

EU connected
Bloodhoof, Khadgar
Doomhammer, Menethil, Turalyon

Those appear correct to me.

Yup, I think most of the American connected realms look okay. I know Theradras (apparently a German EU server) and Wyrmrest Accord are definitely not connected.