Inconsistent access to best gear

Or not. That wouldn’t change anything.

Don’t despair, OP. As long as you’re having fun doing the content you like, it’s all good.

I’ve been a solo player since day 1, and as long as I could progress to a level where doing the content I care to is reasonably smooth, I think I’m doing good.

Right now you can get to like 215-220 without doing a single dungeon, raid, or M+. If you don’t do that content anyways, that’s plenty, at least in my opinion.

As far as the “folks stealing my mobs after I tapped them” thing, I don’t know what to tell you, as I have never experienced that to my knowledge.

That’s a design problem, designs can change.
This is a video game, nothing is etched in granite here. If Blizz wanted to say give everyone a pet so all specs had one they could, there’s nothing stopping them outside of “don’t wanna”.

Or continue to ask for solo progression systems until Blizz gives it to them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Proper mmorpg give alternative grind-path for solo gear progression vs faster progression for group content. Ilvl is indicative of the dedication you put in to your character, what other “meaning” should there be to it?

Do the grind → get the power → overpower players that haven’t done the grind → motivate them to do the grind by doing so. Basic gameplay loop of an MMORPG.

Don’t know what “meaning” ilvl has for you now, as it is exact same loop currently, only the “grind” is locked to a group content, leaving the “world” component of this MMO half dead and meaningless for your progression, with only instanced content in a small circle of your guildies having any meaning.

As currently the only solo progression path available for players, not willing to commit to a guild or deal with toxicity of pugs, is farming gold and buying carry. Also the reason why it is so rampant.

1 Like

The thing is it’s very hard to balance length of a solo grind versus a highest group difficulty, so it either makes the grind seem impossible and pointless, or devalues group content and forces group players solo farm on their own time.

I know it’s all in the aspect of “feels”, and “you don’t have to if you don’t want to” and stuff, but all the games are about feeling good playing them. Especially in MMO when there is strong feeling to look at “what others are doing” and “how strong they are” it feels amazing and terrible at the same time to have a path of solo grind, because you are compelled to do it even if you’re a group player, because you can just do it. It exploits players motivations. That’s why people got burned out on garrisons, and artifact power grind etc.

I don’t agree about the whole WQ thing but I do wish another content mode was made. I’m gonna get controversial here but Mythic raiding to me seems to be an attendance boss more than a boss boss content mode.

I’ve tried to raid in a couple mythic guilds and it’s the same poop different toilet. We have good players who want to progress, we have ~5 people who cant do the content, cant kick them because of enforced raid size, good players leave, recruit bad players because we have been stuck on content, our old bad players finally learn the fight but now we have new bad players and repeat loop until I lose patience and dont wanna raid anymore.

I’m not even asking for solo content tbh, maybe like 8 or 10 man content. Maybe not even raids but a different type of mid group content all together with challenging content above the heroic level.

People have been asking for that for 16 years and guess what, I highly doubt that’s going to change.

This games end game is based on group content. It’s been the design philosophy since the game was first created.

It’s extremely unlikely ( like you winning the lottery three times in a row) of that ever changing and honestly it shouldn’t. People shouldn’t be rewarded for just logging in with the same ilvl as people that put a ton of effort into group content.

That’s what Korthia is for.

Korthia

Again Korthia.

I’m also a solo player Ravynluni. You’re not alone. I’ve often wondered why they don’t offer more ways outside of raiding and PVP to get better gear.

1 Like

Because this game is based on group content.

Blizzard can make a pathway to it then, to require effort to get. Clearly there’s more way up the mountain yes?

1 Like

I’d like to call BS on this too. No PvEr needs the best gear. We see world first mythic kills at 45 renown with 238 ilvl and maybe one dom socket. We see people getting KSM at ilvl 230.

I understand an argument for PvPers needing the best gear because their opponents are gearing up and they have to work much harder to overcome gear differences. And there are times when people mathematically can’t win because of their gear even if they crit every single time.

The point isn’t that people need the gear. They want the gear and the gear helps them. Gear gives people the ability to play more poorly and use a less meta set-up while still being successful.

2 Likes

No absolutely not.

No because there are different mountains for each person. 252 ilvl gear being in the game doesn’t mean that is the finish line for everyone.

I will never understand how this became confusing to people.

If you only world content / normal raid the top of your mountain is a little better than 226.
If you low m+ / heroic raid the top of your mountain is around 239.
If you high m+ / mythic raid the top of your mountain is 252.

If you hit the top of your mountain, rejoice because you have achieved your goal. If you envy the people with higher ilvl for some reason then work towards clearing the content they do.

1 Like

And it works. This is a model that works for the game. Raiders quit if they get completely stuck in the mud. As long as raiding players can see constant progress they’ll stay subbed reliably.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure soloing Mythic Slyvanas is impossible right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think people are entitled to having an enjoyable progression experience in a RPG, online world or not, regardless of how they play it. They also kinda set this bar over the last 3 or so years.

I don’t agree, personally, with having access to “the best” gear no matter what you did. But even if they did provide such a route, they could easily create a system where you choose either time or immediate challenge to acquire it at your desired pace.

Regardless. I feel like this sort of topic only truly surfaces when the reward structure just feels bad all around, or it favors one branch of content. The game should placate a broader audience, but it doesn’t right now.

Yessssh Ultra forge gear where you can upgrade to titanforge ilvls but it has a chance to break . Imagine all the rage it will create :+1:

There are multiple ways to get the best gear. It’s from dungeons, Raid or PvP. The way you want is a little effort with big rewards… similar to freebies. It wont happen. If you want gear, step up your game and kill hard to kill bosses like everyone does.

As much as they ask for it now?
I don’t think so, I feel like there’s more people asking for it but I suppose what either of us has seen is anecdotal.

That can change, not like that’s a law of physics lol

Just like Blizz said they’d never sell gold and yet here we are.

I’m not sure if anyone is suggesting that, why can’t people put in a ton of effort solo?

1 Like