In regards to the vanishing in shop transmog

If your in shop transmog is vanishing at random I’ve found repairing the games files through the launcher adds them back to my collection. Just putting this out there because I don’t believe a fix has been posted yet.

1 Like

The issue indeed has not been dealt with just yet, no.

But this might be a delectable tidbit of information to add to one of the threads in the Bug Report forum so that it might aid the QA team in tracking it down.

4 Likes

I’ve also seen reports that some addons may be interfering with this.

A proper reset UI might be worth an attempt, to rule that out if nothing else. I know this is something that is being looked into.

Resetting the WoW User Interface - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

2 Likes

Just curious…

I’ve had an authenticator since cata, added SMS earlier this year. I am not a huge fan of transmog, but I do utilize it. The only full set mogs I have are from the RAF and the eternal traveler. I have never noticed them missing, so…

I was wondering if any of these disappearing mog events are happened to players with either authenticator?

I have the authenticator and SMS enabled on my account. I randomly lose access to my Shop transmogs, Blizzcon mog, and my RaF transmog.

My apologies didn’t mean to categorize this issue incorrectly. Though I did tell a gm how I fixed it after submitting a ticket.

I have tried all of the above and this has not fixed the issue for me. I find it unacceptable that real money purchases do not work and will be asking for a refund for my just-purchased six month subscription. If I pay for a product, I expect it to actually exist and be usable. This is unethical to me, to be honest. If it was a bug with something I earned in game without real money, that I would have patience for. Things happen and I understand that bugs happen. But when I purchase something for real money, that is when I will not tolerate my product disappearing. I hope my ticket response is positive and that I receive my refund.

1 Like

… given the rest of your post, I find this a bit hard to believe. :confused:

For something to be unethical, it’s intentional. Planned, done by design. All of which are things that a bug is not.

Given refund requests are extremely time-sensitive, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your ticket receives a favorable outcome. Do understand that by the time this situation is finally nailed down and firmly dealt with, this subscription promotion may no longer be in effect.

I do also want to note that what you’re purchasing is actually the subscription and access to characters level 20 and above. The extra goodies are, in essence, free incentives.

4 Likes

You conveniently left out the beginning of that.

Bugs happen, I can be patient for something that was earned through normal gameplay. But they should never happen for this long on items that are purchased with real money.

Not exactly.

Unethical behavior can be defined as actions that are against social norms or acts that are considered unacceptable to the public .

Except I outright purchased my Celestial transmog and my Sprite Darter transmog. Both of which were being used and neither exist anymore.

1 Like

I will be so glad to see this bug fixed, if only to have to stop seeing these posts, tbh.

But they do. You purchased them, you still own the mogs. But for some reason that has yet to be discovered, they appear and disappear at random from folks appearances/transmog options. That, at least, has been the case for everyone who has put in a ticket or has been spoken to by one of our SFAs here on the forums. They can always confirm that the mogs still are owned by the person.

Uh, yes. Exactly.

I will never, ever understand why people seem to think that Blizzard are sitting on their thumbs and just letting these things exist to cause havoc for players for absolutely no reason.

It has been communicated time and time again for the past 5 months since this issue began. While they know the bug exists, they have yet to figure out how or why it is happening. There isn’t some wide swath of XYZ data that it exists for everyone having this issue. There is no rhyme or reason to it that they have seen the pattern for. They don’t know why one person has this issue but this person doesn’t. What makes them available for one but the other is missing everything or only one piece or two.

7 Likes

I’m sorry that purchased items disappearing for others is such an offense to you.

And yet they don’t exist in my collections or on my characters that were using them right now.

If a product is bought and then unusable, that’s unacceptable to me.

I quoted precisely my meaning. Please reread it.

And I’ll never understand how you managed to glean any of that from what I said. Because it wasn’t said by me.

This issue has existed since the Wendigo Woolies released two years ago. We all know they can’t find the solution. It doesn’t make it acceptable that the issue is still happening after two years with no warnings to people or that portion of the store being temporarily unavailable.

Keep defending poor business practices, though. These types of responses are why they don’t pull products from the store until they’re fixed and just continue to take people’s money.

2 Likes

Well, if you know of a solution, I’m sure QA is all ears. They are hiring too, check the career section of the site.

Because it’s not happening to most everybody.

7 Likes

This isn’t a logical response. Just a dismissal.

I’d like a source on your numbers please.

1 Like

I’d like to see the source of yours? Because if there was a major issue, more people would be posting and Blizzard would have pulled the transmog from the store if they was the issue. They have done it before.

The bug is not game breaking, just annoying.

5 Likes

Where exactly did I give numbers?

Realoney purchases not existing is not acceptable.

1 Like

Now you are being combative, that’s why they lock these threads.

No they are not, but… deal with it or ask for a refund. It will be fixed when it is fixed.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help

5 Likes

You’re the one that came in here to be combative with me. If it gets locked, that’s not my fault. I’m responding politely to your comments and your dismissal.

And if you had read, I already have. But thank you for repeating what’s already been said just to try to have an argument for no reason.

1 Like

Posting here whining and moaning isn’t gonna do squat, QA does not come here for feedback or complaints. You was told where to complain about the issue.

I’ll link it for you.

5 Likes

No one was whining or moaning. I came in here to explain that the fixes posted did not work for me and gave my opinion on the situation. You chose to turn it into an argument and be dismissive.

I know how these forums work, thank you. Been in game since Vanilla and been on the forums since Wrath. There’s no need for the argumentative nature or condescension. Perhaps read the beginning of the conversation before you attempt to accuse people of things.

I’d suggest you try General Discussion if you wish to act this way and derail threads. Here, I’ll link it for you.

I’m not responding further to you. This has taken the topic of possible solutions way off base. Please try to stick to the thread’s purpose. Thanks and goodnight.

1 Like

In the game you paid real money for. I guess I don’t understand the distinction you’re making. As you said, bugs happen. Blizzard isn’t scamming anybody. If the bug was easy to identify, locate and fix, there is absolutely no reason why it wouldn’t be.

8 Likes