In hindsight, the war effort kinda sucks

It kinda sucks that some servers are already going in to AQ and having their fun while some of us basically don’t even have a release date for AQ in sight.

My servers war effort is moving at like half a % a day…at this point I’m not even sure we will have AQ available for any reasonable amount of time…

Is there some kind of protection/fail-safe for this? Im sure there are other servers even worse off than mine. Like does it really make sense that we literally just don’t get access to the same content as everyone else until so much later (literally months) simply because we don’t have a coalition of speed farm guilds or because we’re stuck with a wonky population?

3 Likes

My memory might be failing me, but didn’t the construction of the buildings in Quel’danas in TBC auto-complete at certain time thresholds for exactly this reason?

1 Like

The answers you seek are out there my child if you only search for them.

9 Likes

Something something megaserver 10x the population of Vanilla, blah blah blah.

2 Likes

Blizzard should have really changed all of the required materials for the war effort so no one would have them completed by now.

12 Likes

If the material requirements were worse, my server wouldn’t be able to open AQ before the projected release date of Naxx.

Does that make any sense?

That would have pissed off the #nochanges crowd, but the stockpiling of known items beforehand already threw #nochanges out the window. What you suggest would have been much better.

5 Likes

This is why it will be auto-opened at worst. Yes you’ll lose out on AQ time, but Naxx won’t be coming out for a while.

2 Likes

You do realize you’re on the 4th largest server in NA/EU, right?

2 Likes

The dumb part was that Blizz didn’t make an honest attempt at balancing and right-sizing servers beforehand. Many of the low-pops or hugely faction imbalanced servers won’t be opening on time. To be honest, if things were balanced properly, every server would be opening within a few weeks of P5 because they’d all be stockpiling mats from day 1.

3 Likes

All you need is a scarab lord.

7 Likes

What’s your point?

You’re on the 4th most popular server in NA/EU.

1 Like

Irrelevant to my criticism.

What is your point?

This is how things were in Vanilla and it was even worse because Blizzard constantly released new fresh progression servers where the gates would have to be opened all over again.

Not every server is as hypercompetitive as Sulfuras or Skeram and that’s fine. Play the game for fun all the world firsts were already done in 2006 anyways.

If I recall correctly, they actually started auto-opening gates on newer servers at some point.

Yes the contributions will start going up on their own eventually.

2 Likes

His server is 37/63 and the 4th largest in NA/EU. Heartseeker will be done in a couple days and is 98/2 and the 45th largest server in NA/EU.

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure about that because I don’t recall that happening.

What I do remember though is everytime a new server opened you would have a few hypercompetitive guilds reroll on it to try and get scarab lord because they missed it the first time.

If you want to substitute out the word “popular” for something else so your brain doesn’t continuously meltdown in to making arbitrary points, go ahead.

But pointing out that our server is popular from a relative POV, doesn’t make our war effort move faster.