In-Game Toxicity Against 12-Month Sub Players

Alright, let me rephrase.

I know that’s what happens on a frequent, if (And can only be) alarming basis, but there’s a difference between having it out there from both people who are protecting us, and those who want to hack, scam and dox us…

…and having it be in here, being made ridiculously easy from the offset for everybody to see and on top of that, be made legal. You know about RealID idea Blizzard had at one point and rightfully gotten rid of before it was implemented?..

No, of coarse not. It’s only to protect people from honest people, and it serves to mitigate the very least, dishonest people.

Well fair enough. I am glad you understand my point though.

They don’t like the idea of paying extra money to obtain things in a game they’ve already paid for, by buying the mount you’ve showed them that you support that idea. It’s not you’re fault Blizz does it and they’re wrong to take their frustration out on you but thats why they do it

Be happy WoW isn’t Diablo Immortal… yet…

I’m pretty sure you have to think for yourself when you (not you heartwing) decided to follow somebody.

Plus, i think pretty much any example of any belief that gets thrown in our way on a daily basis fits your example of “not thinking for themselves”, such as politics, religions, sport teams, content creators, pieces of art, video games, etc…

Not that it’s a moral sin or a strike against somebody’s character to have an unoriginal opinion or to adopt another person’s opinion anyways.

Ironically enough, this whole “not thinking for themselves” phrase is a self contradiction in itself given how often this gets passed around against certain beliefs by a lot of people who think the same opinion. Oddly enough from people who are defending something they really like, proclaiming or positioning their opinion as the moral right, because of their belief that makes them objective, despite their opinion is subjective. Something that’s really no different in concept/function to somebody just hating. Something that’s also easily shared.

…It’s kind of why i don’t consider positive or negative opinions to be all that different these days.

The Taxed Largely;Didn’t Rent version of all that is, if you’re complaining about one opinion and how hivemind it is and how people aren’t thinking for themselves because they hold that opinion, it helps knowing this sort of argument applies equally back to the same opinion you have, and it’s not exactly all that bad as you seem to think it is. Because otherwise you wouldn’t have adopt the opinion yourself.

History taught us that humans are just going to do things anyways regardless if their behind a screen or not.

Im tempted to get the bundle, but I just don’t have the heart for the game (I still like it) and take a month or two break here and there. Add I have a mortage payment and car payment (among other bills), just doesn’t seem it for me. But good for those that got it. I say enjoy it, show it off. and ,most of all, “Mmrglmrglmrglmrgl!!!”

1 Like

There has ALWAYS been term subs…1 month, 6 months…you get the game for subscribing. People that blizzard doesnt have to worry about paying every month gets a bonus for ‘pre-paying’ now…big deal. Ive been on a 6 month sub for about 3+ years or so now before they gave rewards, and with the price point being the same at 6 and 12…i just paid for 12 and i dont have to worry for a year and blizz gave me a bonus for it…its ok people cant afford it, worlds been crap last few years and not everyone is doing great. Why cant we just enjoy the game and stop worrying about wtf everyone else is doing.

2 Likes

because store mounts tend to be higher quality than in game mounts

I agree we need more store mounts

Honestly if you want to say they are store mounts I got two right away from the 12 month purchase and will get the next six month one as well. So at 25 dollars a mount in essence I paid like 80 bucks plus tax for a year subscription.

They better be. I’m not paying $25 for 8 pixels and reused models.

And yes I love how they copied their models months or years after I bought them.

1 Like

This seems and feels like a major stretch into making a big stink about something that has likely happened once or twice and thats it. Ive bought in store mounts before and never received anything even remotely close to what youre describing outside of the “where does that come from?”

edit mode>grab and drag the chat window under something else>profit

I have so many mounts from when I played years before that I have no idea what ones are paid and what ones are earned. I tend to pick mounts that either match the character lore or fits well with the area/gameplay.

People allow what others say online to affect them too much. Is it that difficult to ignore people nowadays? Want people to stop trolling you online? ignore them.

I will go with the classic “Things that did not happen for 500 Alex”.

The posters account is a known troll account (just for everyone’s info). The only comments I have received are super positive and mostly curious about where it comes from.

I suspect this does not happen nearly as much as op would have us think it does.

These are the same 35 year old men who live in their moms basement for their whole lives so dont take it personal

It would do most of the player base a world of good to go play other games, like Lost Ark. Spending money there directly relates to ingame currency. After awhile, $150 doesnt seem like a big deal anymore

Theyre just petty individuals.
And theres a lot of toxic players in the game these days, compared to when i played back in like 2008 onwards.
I came into dragonflight pre patch just to have a look for myself and i wrote in trade “why cant i see my spells on my screen” and i got told to shut the f up
Chances are theyre teenagers using mummy and daddys money to play.
Just petty little children imho.

2 Likes

The same toxic garbage is in LFR has been for years and it’s been bad this year your player base isn’t what you thought it was and know you wanna post about it your alittle behind if you think just getting a sub is bad wow has nosuch thing as a community I’ve been here for years and it’s always been something the problem asvin all things is people it always is.