In game mail options to reduce harassment

how about when you go into your own profile and select preferences?
notifications > users

1 Like

Report, /ignore, and move on.

blizzzard, this is shameful. If itā€™s really happened as described for a year and youā€™ve done nothing to stop it?

you know who is sending the mails. ban them.

1 Like

Just had ā€œMutedā€ under users.

Imgur dot com/hLWnoyE

Is what Iā€™m seeing

scroll up and see the second image which i linked

you should be able to mute people via more than one method

i canā€™t imagine it would be tied to trust levelsā€¦ we should all have the same option to block people

Imgur dot com /a/7ToEscJ

Apparently they only want to protect people who sing their praise and get high trust levels.

okā€¦ wow thatā€™s pretty cheesyā€¦ not sure why theyā€™d even bother adding it if it requires a certain trust level.
you shouldnā€™t need to earn the ability to ignore peopleā€¦ i donā€™t know if thereā€™s anything iā€™m overlooking, iā€™ll poke around a little and get back to you if i learn anything new

p.s, the ā€œHIā€ note cracked me up both times :laughing:

Haha I know I troll a lot so I just wanted to show you Iā€™m being serious and it legitimately is not there, hence the hi note.

heh no probs, i enjoy a good trollinā€™ too, but always happy to switch to ā€œserious modeā€ and dial back the snark to help if i can.

ā€¦sorry i couldnā€™t have been more help

1 Like

What? I mean I stopped reading right hereā€¦

3 Likes

Clark, though satisfying in the moment, as a female player I can tell you thatā€™s a very dangerous thing to do. Unstable males like the one doing thisā€“already obsessiveā€“will become enraged by responses like that and there are far more damaging things one can do to people online than ingame mail harassment.

You donā€™t want to push guys like that. You just donā€™t. We learn that early. If they get angry when we say ā€œno,ā€ theyā€™ll get maniacal if we lash out at them. Best if Blizz just gives her a way to block the entire account.

4 Likes

That sounds like a nice way to get banned from any blizzard game.

1 Like

You donā€™t know how the internets or comms team work do you. You think blizz would ban the victim in this case?

Someone forward me a screenshot, ill do it.

1 Like

No, it doesnā€™t. It is very much a ā€œweā€ situation in guilds where people give a rip about each other. Iā€™m glad she has people willing to help her because WoW community is important to some of us, and as her guildie (the OP) has stated, repeatedly), sheā€™s done all she can and followed all the rules. Her people are stepping in to help because doing it solely on her own hasnā€™t gotten results.

2 Likes

I suppose youā€™re right. In the worst way you are but youā€™re right. Blizzard canā€™t stop whack jobs who have an axe to grind from trying to ruin their reputation over some perceived slight.

I have always liked you, Failadin.

This is why I highly doubt stories like this. Iā€™ve had stuff like this happen twice and both times Blizzard took care of it very quickly.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna read all 154 replies because I aint got the time. If some man has been harassing her for a year then its probably personal. If it isnā€™t personal and they just met in game and heā€™s acting like this she should just buy a new account and move on because I donā€™t think after a year Blizz will magically solve this. But if it is personal. Call. The. Police. This kind of harassment is illegal and long as they live in the same area, (which i imagine they do because otherwise why does he bother her so much) the police and the courts can handle this.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t read the whole thread yet, so I donā€™t know if this has been mentioned. Is it possible to assign a few people who are not currently raiding, people you trust implicitly, to keep track of who logs off and then back on shortly before the harassment starts? You mentioned that the offending person is watching the guild roster for a name they donā€™t recognize entering raid. Have a few people you trust watch who logs off during raid grouping. That should help you narrow it down.

Another thing you could try is insisting on every member agreeing to be added to the Guild Masterā€™s btag, and everyone who refuses gets reduced to the lowest rank or gkicked. It could be temporary until this person is gotten rid of. People who actually care about the well-being of their fellow guildmates shouldnā€™t have a problem with it. Conversely, those who do have a problem with it are indicating they donā€™t care about what is being done to a single person, and your guild would be better off without them.

I know it sounds harsh, but if you want to protect your friend/guildmate, in the face of Blizzard doing nothing, you might have to get harsh. Regardless, good luck with the situation.

5 Likes