In game mail options to reduce harassment

It doesn’t sound harsh. It sounds brilliant.

In « our » guild? This is not a blizzard problem then. This is a guild master problem. The GM should boot him and all his toons from the guild.

2 Likes

No. They’ll laugh at that and would troll harder.

2 Likes

We deal with these people the way we deal with them in real life - don’t give them the time of day. Just don’t respond - ever. They do these things because they want a reaction. Don’t react, don’t even put them on ignore. Just don’t do anything at all.

1 Like

It’s kind of hard to gkick the offending member if they switch to a different character that’s not in guild. Which is why I suggested a temporary add of all guild members to the GM’s btag. They might even want to require btag adding of all members to a group of trusted officers. The GM can’t be on 24/7, I’m guessing.

Alright now that I have read a hundred posts in this thread I have some understanding of the situation. Unfortunately it sounds like the guild of friends has already decided to stop checking so I’m replying to you to support your post.

Your idea is solid. If there was a way to prove the GM and officers were innocent. This obviously has to be a long time member since it sounds like the victim only knows these people from online. And this harasser has to have been given the benefit of the doubt because if they were new it would have been easy to kick and verify.

My current hypothesis is that someone fell in love with her and got denied. Or she really did make the harasser’s significant other leave them attempt to be with the victim. Because anything short of that and the person is so crazy they should have found the harasser ages ago. I say person because at this point I think it is safe to assume it might be another woman hence why no one has suspected them. If your victim has literally done nothing wrong and they are only getting picked on because they are responding then you have a certifiable psychopath in your guild.

In addition there is NO WAY Blizzard just ignored abuse for a year. So since the guild of friends say the victim posted tickets the only reasonable answer is this harasser has literally bought new accounts and subs every month or every few weeks to keep it up.

Basically I am saying they need to figure out who has enough spare income, enough spare time, and is crazy enough to literally buy new accounts to break a person down over a year.

it’s fine if her guildies want to support her, but nobody else can help when it comes to reporting.

the fact that nothing has been done, is what makes me believe there is some sort of miscommunication somewhere.
we’re only getting second hand information.

…this could be totally legit.
OR it could just be someone who loves drama and attention.

This is why they were directed to the CS forum.
Someone will be able to take a look at the ticket history on their account, and see if the reports are being submitted in the right manner.

If they choose to not post in customer support, then we’re only left to assume it’s the drama option… and i can only hope the guildies would take this as a big red flag to back off before they end up getting themselves dragged in any further.

3 Likes

I have made my suggestions for this “guild” and will be checking the customer support forum daily for the next week. I think this is all just drama at this point but hopefully there is a victim and they will be brave enough to post for help in the correct thread.

To all those that are here wondering if this a legit problem…it is and she is not looking for drama, she is just a gamer like the rest of us and just raids and does a little bit of PvP.

and yes the culprit is in the guild but we have yet to figure out who it is and we did start having people give us their Bnets to flush them out.

she also has been reporting them along with every mail she gets she reports but the scum keeps making new characters and accounts and wont leave her alone if players really do want screen shots I can try and share but I will have to ask her if it is alright for me to do so.

if any of yall have any sound ideas pls let me know ( Borthrenn WRA) ill try and look at this thread as much as I possibly can, thank you!

1 Like

Eight hours later the “victim” has still not posted in the Customer Support forum.

1 Like

I just find it mind boggling that Blizzard doesnt have it set so if you block someone they are blocked account wide. Its one of the easiest solutions to the issue and I think having it simply character based leaves the door open for lots of annoyance

That honestly sounds like the best system. You don’t even need to know the person’s Battle.net account, just report it and it immediately blocks them all from communicating with you. maybe not /s or /e but it is a much easier solution than just having to repeatedly report. I’d love to have this because I have moments of people going on a day of mouthing how bad I am in dungeons until they get bored.

Of course I also love the idea of a filter system too. What to accept mails and what not to.

Your hatred is misplaced. We want NOTHING to do with women which is why we go our own way… We dont harass female gamers we avoid them. Nice troll though…

Truly horrible.

This I do not believe. Nope not one bit. BLizzard would not ignore this.

Again I dont believe this. You arent telling the whole story because blizzardi s serious about this kind of stuff.

It didnt happen. Blizzard does not ignore this kind of harassment. Your story doesnt check out.

Again, one customer doesnt stuff their pockets. I doubt very seriously that blizzard is ignoring any real threat. It doesnt happen.

No they arent. They are a left coast company with left coast beliefs. You sound like Jussie.

4 Likes

…but they came back to post in their other thread.

seems like the great mystery has been solved.

i feel bad for the genuinely good people who thought they were doing the right thing by trying to help someone out.

…even i feel like a bit of a fool, and i have no emotional investment in the issue.
i knew something smelled… “off” about the whole situation.

1 Like

What! That’s crazy, dude! What’s your Trust Level?

Mine is a 2 (I’ll never get 3 >_>) But that’s insane.

Also btw, you can post links by adding a ` before and after the link:

https://imgur.com/a/7ToEscJ

I think so. If you ignore the person’s character, why would you ever want to hear from them via another character, in game mail, or any other form of communication?

It should just ignore them completely

I’ve seen 2 threads regarding in-game harassment on the forums within an hour…
GMs need to do their job.

Sure you could delete, but you’re playing the game for entertainment.
Not to spend time deleting messages that offend you.

Seriously, some people just don’t get it.

Edit: If I were her, I’d contact a GM via ticket and if the GM doesn’t do their job, I’d make a call to Blizzard and ask for a manager. And a manager only. Not just for in-game harassment but regarding the GM who didn’t do their job.

I may get crap for this but this is how i deal with people that harassed me. I would copy down their toon name then blast them in trade chat /my btag/guild chat and everytime they made a new toon i would put them on blast again. They finally got the hint and left me alone.