In game mail options to reduce harassment

My b, my b! 6 hours

I agree that Blizzard is really weak here. They could easily find out who this is and ban their accounts. The fact that it is sexual harassment and Blizzard still is weak-kneed about it is quite frankly pathetic.

There should be a regulatory body that fines Blizzard for stuff like this to keep going on.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that this is happening to your friend. I agree that there needs to be more social controls available to players. I would love to be able to block whispers unless they are guildies or friends, for example.

I noticed you mentioned that your guild is trying to deal with it after trying everything. Do you think it would be worth just ignoring it completely? Just a thought, but if the suspect is in your guild then they could be feeding off the drama and attention maybe? I know it’s hard given the severity of the harassment, but I think it’s worth trying. Just completely ignore it and they will most likely get bored and stop. I have personally experienced similar severe harassment many years ago, and in the end after all the reports and measures I took (it got to the point where I would get harassing PMs within 1 min of logging in every time without fail), I just told them to get professional help and then just never responded again. They stopped. I think it’s a great way to take the power back. Give it a go.

1 Like

Cyber bullying is taken seriously in Australia. He’d be given a warning, put on a register and the story would end up in the paper.

3 Likes

If it were me getting those mails they’d get trolled back. every time. With better trolls. but that’s just me. lol they’d be heartbroken lmao

1 Like

Blizzard does not care one bit about harassment and has proven that time and time again.

1 Like

And for everyone saying just ignore it, in real life there are serious consequences for this behavior. Just ignoring it does not punish the person, and even if they stop harassing you, they go on to harass someone else.

The correct course of action is for Blizzard to ban this person’s accounts, and then notify the police of their address on file.

4 Likes

This. Someone just needs to do it back and stand up to this person.

1 Like

we need to feed them… otherwise they get bitey.

i really hope customer support can help shed some light on this for her… because as a few of us have said, something seems to be slipping through the cracks here.

1 Like

go tell that to mister “disproportionately harsh” and his cronies.

is there any reason you want people to take your word for it, when they can directly see otherwise?

1 Like

I have no idea what any of this means.

Am I missing some context here?

WHAT lol that’s insane

But understandable

1 Like

yes.

it was a reference to the person who posted in CS complaining that their account action for harassment was more severe than the other people who they recruited to join in on harassing someone.

how can that thread possibly exist, if blizzard don’t do anything about harassment? :thinking:

do you have some sort of motive for making these claims?
…because you kind of sound like the people who try to discourage people from reporting botters by claiming blizzard doesn’t do anything about them… and the only people who would make claims like that, are people who would benefit if people believed it.

1 Like

My motive is to shame Blizzard. Between inaction and just planned idiocy they have time and time again shown they don’t care about protecting people.

This is the same Blizzard that came dangerously close to using real life names on this very forum. This is the same Blizzard who still does not have account wide blocking. This is the same Blizzard who was sued for discrimination and harassment.

They even removed the block posters from these forums…

seems kind of pointless… i’ve just shown you that you’re wrong, and they do indeed action for harassment.

it wasn’t removed, it didn’t exist with this software.
it’s a thing now, so either use it or don’t… but don’t pretend it isn’t there. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You didn’t prove anything, you just made a claim about some supposed thread with no proof.

It was a thing with the previous software and they knowingly chose to move to software that had less protections for their people.

Where is the option to block posters I am not seeing it?

The only option I see is the one that doesn’t show notifications, but does that hide their posts? I have two choices, normal and muted.

Thanks alot, and yea we have tried that. It seems to be a futile battle against this person since they always find her somehow. thanks for the input

“ignored” is under normal and muted

3 Likes

I do not have that option, I only have normal and muted…