In game mail options to reduce harassment

Okay whatever. No one reply, see if I care. Everything you need to know is in my post. Bye im going to play wow once its up.

Chill out you posted 2 minutes ago and complaining about no repliesā€¦

you need to understand, this isnā€™t a ā€œweā€ situation.
it needs to be handled solely by the person being targeted.

iā€™m not saying it doesnā€™t happen.

iā€™m saying that thereā€™s something extremely off about this situationā€¦ which is why i suggested posting in customer support.

get her to post on an alt if sheā€™s got concerns.
the blues can see any tickets which are currently open on the account, along with any history.
theyā€™ll be able to let your friend know if her reporting methods are appropriate and/or sufficient, and if not, tell her what she needs to do.

oh stop.
plenty of people who have posted here have an intimate understanding of policies in regards to this.
keep in mind, that the people engaging in harassment, also understand the rulesā€¦ so itā€™s easy for them to stay one step ahead if the ā€œvictimā€ isnā€™t handling the reports in the correct way.

3 Likes

Interesting. Will take this into consideration and see if this can do anything to help get the alt account noticed for the messages. thanks for the input

I want instant gratification.

no problem.

funny story, i tried to highjack that sub back in 2014, good times

Ignores should be account wide. Done.

Why this isnā€™t a thing I DO NOT KNOW!

Do you feel customer support would be a place to get a better answer and help on the situation? I am open to any suggestions so thanks for the input. I am not entirely sure why the person keeps sending mail to our guildie but i do know its starting to affect her desire to play the game and even be on discord around us. Ill send a message to customer support and see what they have to say about it as well. thanks alot for the input

yes, but get her to post there.
on an alt if she needs to, so that someone can check the ticket history.

1 Like

This is what we are shooting for, that or a mail filter so people dont have the see the messages

1 Like

If nothing else works. Well, you may just have to name change.

Will do, thanks again

doesnā€™t make any difference.

if they have her on their friends list, the name will update along with the name change.

Are you sure this works? Donā€™t names in friends lists just change to the new name, they donā€™t get removed.

Actually I did not know that

Heā€™ll be banned for like 3 hours

Iā€™d go more aggressive and screen shot the game-emails and throw them into the blizz twitter verse where the pr hit will cause . example:

ā€œhere are screen shots of harrasment that blizzard/activision refuse to take action on. I simply want the account owner of these emails to be blocked but I cannot get helpā€
SJWā€™s use their phone tree and the problem is solved.

1 Like

We are not here to debate the validity of the issue, whether it is fake or not, or debate with keyboard warriors who have nothing helpful to add. We simply are asking for a much needed feature that would solve this issue. Thatā€™s it, simple as that. We will not continue to plead a case, as we have no obligation to prove anything to anyone. We will have her post from a throwaway alt to customer service, in the hope that this feature can be implemented, since it would go a long way to helping not only her, but others who have had these types of issues. Thank you to those who tried to be helpful, it means alot. Her guild is trying to help her because that is what guilds do. As we have seen today, if she had posted this some ppl would have eaten her alive the way some of you pounced. This is why she did not post here herself. We will see what progress can be made through the CS forum. Thanks again to those who were helpful. Have a great day, and remember dont feed the trolls after midnightā€¦ actually dont feed them at all, you will have a bad time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a ā€˜penalty volcanoā€™ and the ban time increases each time.