In-game ignore...let's make it better!

I can count on my hand the number of good experiences I had with people from those realms. I can’t with the number of bad experiences. That’s how bad it is. Sorry but - that’s just how it is.

1 Like

Or if not they get a warning like people get when they try to do something and get something like " You can not due this at this time " (like while flying or in combat) .

But instead says " You are ignored by this user and can not comunicate with them " and with the persons account being ignored if they swithc to an alt the alt gets the same message .

i would do this too:

putting someone on ignore should phase out all of their accounts characters from yours regardless of where either your toon or their toons are in the game world. this technology already exists as well in the game as the form of warmode flagged players vs non warmode flagged toons. as non WM doesnt see WM, unless while inside a capital city.

adding this would effectedly prevent the ignored toon from ever seeing your own toon which means they cant: target you, cant target your unit frame to engage whisper with /tt or /whisper namehere, or target you to spam toys on you in attempt to grief.

using addons like globalIgnoreList only work best until you hit the ignore list cap of 50 then anything beyond that is just sadly extra. and if a person is ignored within the addons Database, anything they type in game is still shown in speech bubbles above the toons head even though the chatframe itself their chat lines are hidden.

1 Like

this is Warcraft. not rainbows and soft squishy critters craft.

WoW needs more savagery. tearing off pandas and vulperas heads. letting their carcasses be carved for blood sacrifices. both types of gnomes rounded up and stuffed in cannons to be used as cannon fodder, or the ball for games of gnomeball.
that sort of thing.

PVP is itself another can of worms as a whole.

if people felt forced like they had to quit the game because they couldnt ignore the people griefing them that would be a much bigger problem than pvp dueling not being able to happen, do you follow ?

The not being able to group will not and cannot ever happen, the number of ways that can be exploited is very large - for griefing as much as for anything else.

The person also not seeing you is also a nonstarter, equally prone to being exploited. You’ve erased the person from your world but that’s your choice, not theirs. If you don’t want them to see what you are saying, don’t say it in front of them.

Otherwise, globally ignoring with single click should simply be the default, I have no idea why it wouldn’t be.

1 Like

Anyone you currently have on ignore is already kept out of any LFD or LFR groups with you. That’s currently in the game and has been for years.

Correct. I don’t want them to be able to see anything I’m typing in the public chat channels. Just because they desperately want to see what I’m saying so that they can continue to harass me, doesn’t mean that they should have that privilege.

Ignoring someone in-game should prevent any further communication between those two people.

3 Likes

Doobly you should make a thread asking to remove the ignore system.

Anyone you currently have on ignore is already kept out of any LFD or LFR groups with you. That’s currently in the game and has been for years.

Any citation for LFR?
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/13vrzmq/can_i_be_put_in_a_group_with_people_i_ignored/
Someone on reddit claiming they can be grouped with people that they have on ignore.

Correct. I don’t want them to be able to see anything I’m typing in the public chat channels. Just because they desperately want to see what I’m saying so that they can continue to harass me, doesn’t mean that they should have that privilege.

Doesn’t seem that relevant. If harassment is the goal, they can do that anyway.

i would have to go ahead and politely chime in here to say that i believe this is the correct answer.

this idea doesn’t seem to matter very much, at least in my opinion.

thank you for providing this forum thread with your insights, i thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

I agree - ignoring someone should mean that you ignore them on ALL characters for their ENTIRE account (and linked accounts) and across all means of communication that Blizz controls (games, forums, bnet).

If Blizz doesn’t have the time / resources to manage trolls and harassment, then give the players the tools to do so themselves.

developing a feature takes time, and people can copy their ignore lists as is ( this is giving them the tools.)

Yes, I cited it earlier. I’ll take a well known Blizz CS employee’s word over a random on Redit any day.

With the current system, absolutely. That’s why it needs improvement.

3 Likes

No, even with your proposed system. You don’t need to see what someone is typing to harass them.

Yes, I cited it earlier. I’ll take a well known Blizz CS employee’s word over a random on Redit any day.

I don’t see such a citation, I see a claim.

We’re talking about the ignore feature here in this thread. If you have a suggestion to help with in-game harassment outside of chat, then by all means a new thread would be welcomed!

I cited a Blizz employee. It’s not a “claim”, it’s specifically how the system works. You not believing them, doesn’t change how the system works.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll wait here while you go find a Blue post stating that’s NOT how it works. Best of luck.

6 Likes

That is not a citation, that is a claim.

Just as I am claiming that Blizzard will make wow F2P in a month cause it’s dying obviously. Now, just find a counter claim that, that isn’t going to happen.

It’s also how the system works. What’s wrong? You couldn’t find a blue post proving you right and me wrong? You can have more time if you need it.

I’ll give you another shot. Take some time and have fun with it. I look forward to your proof that backs up your silly claim :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I could find official rules specifiyng dungeon finder specifically.

How is it not a citation when it came from an actual Blizzard employee?

Any of us in here that are not blue text (that includes the greens) saying the ignore feature counts for lfr would be a claim . Linking words from an actual Blizz employee and Blues are actual employees saying it is a citation .

Or is it a claim because it doesn’t fit your agenda ?

4 Likes

I didn’t find an actual blizz employee.

It’s this.

Posting a Blizz employee explaining how the ignore system works isn’t enough for them.

That said, since the system already works this way, nobody should care that they refuse to accept how it works.

They’re so mad that I won’t engage with them, that they even admitted to alt-hopping to bury my post. It’s actually kinda sad.

Thankfully, since the system already works the way they don’t want it to, they’ll need to try and convince Blizz to change it.

6 Likes