In-game ignore...let's make it better!

I’d started to look around but after this response:

I’m fairly sure you’re not really here for answers…

5 Likes

yes, this is a wonderful point that you made here, friend.

i do believe that this feature goes a little too far.

thank you very much for your input and have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

The world of warcraft operates the way the devs design it to do so. The devs can change specific functionalities whenever they so choose. Therefore the world of warcraft changes the way it operates. We see this regulary with every patch that changes the way mechanics works. Patch 10.2 for example will change the way crests work for gear.

This is only the case for same server characters. /who does not work cross-realm. Also /who has a habit of not properly working even for same server either. It is widely known that /who cannot be trusted to be a reliable source of information for many years now.

Incorrect. It is an immense annoyance to have to individually ignore the same character on n number of alts as you have type out “name-server” each time and go through the log in process each time. And that’s all without mentioning that every other character in-game uses non-standard text characters in their character names nowadays. It is a lengthy and laborious process that is incredibly annoying to do. You are 100% wrong. It is also why addons like GIL/Badboy exist. Addons that happen to be extremely popular for a reason.

You are entitled to your own opinon. It’s just that in this case, your opinion is seriously bad and has no merit based on fact, reality or basic common sense.

As you have repeatedly shown in other threads, you are well known troll on these forums so I have therefore placed you on ignore. So I would not bother responding to this post. This post is not meant to engage you in conversation. Rather this post is to act as a warning sign for others to see your argument completely destroyed and be made aware of the kind of person you are on these forums. Forewarned is forearmed.

9 Likes

thank you in advance for sharing your opinion, i genuinely appreciate it, friend.

but it is really quite easy and only takes a few seconds to ignore someone.

have a lovely evening :slight_smile:

Yes Yes Yes

I see big implementation hurdles with that, but in principle, yes please.

3 Likes

Simple solution, if someone is in a guild or community and has another account blocked, that account cannot be added to the community or guild.

If someone blocks someone else who is in the same community or guild already, then have the system kick them both out. The community or guild can decide which one to let back in.

In what way, in what world, is this bad?

1 Like

And how often do people that you ignore message your alts?

hello, friend. i can see that you asked a question regarding my previous post, so i would be more than happy to answer it for you.

basically, if one person cannot enter an LFR group with another person that has them on ignore, then that can lead to situations where a widespread group of people can essentially prevent one person from ever joining an LFR group.

thank you so much for your input, it was greatly appreciated.

hope you have a lovely day :slight_smile:

I see what you are saying and disagree completely.

In the worst case scenario, contact between those players is a real safety issue. Safety > convenience.

Keep them out of the same instances under any and all circumstances.

1 Like

It would not work because of how many people someone ignores.

And imagine the group finder at 3 groups of 18 people because of ignore list dilemmas, not worth implementing.

If you cannot play with a player, that problem is likely you, and not everyone else.

Yes, imagine some people having to wait because of safety concerns.

I don’t believe I have anyone on my actual ignore list right now. IIRC when you do a quick chat report that block is only temporary on that character, which is fine for that level of interaction.

But again, we are talking about an account block, something that is an escalation, or ought to be, something that is going to be about an issue more serious than some fool dropping slurs in chat.

1 Like

There is no safety concern if you have someone on ignore. For gameplay disruption, there is votekick.

Now, here’s a question, were this to be implemented, does it prioritize people with ignores or people being ignored?

I don’t believe you have really been paying attention to the conversation. All of these suggested changes are about player safety.

1 Like

How is it unsafe if you are in a raid with someone on your ignore list?

You can’t even explain your point, and you dare insult me? WOW.

1 Like

The point has been explained to death over and over again…

For years.

And I’m out of the loop, so explain it to me.

Your learning is not my responsibility. Good luck on your life’s journey.

It would have to be a very “widespread” group considering that thousand of players (potentially tens of thousands) queue for groups of various sorts every day.

I think you overthink that point, friend. Let me know when you find a group of tens of thousands of players who want to band together to block one person.

3 Likes