In-game ignore...let's make it better!

Ok, that is interesting. In the dungeon finder only. LFR is still there.

I only want two things in Warcraft…

1. The ability to hide my pants.
  2. The stupid guild invite addon to be bannable, and all users of it to be muted.

Since neither are possible, please dear god let me ignore based on accounts.

1 Like

LFR is part of the Dungeon finder system .

You have to use the dungeon finder system to queue for LfR .

1 Like

Are you sure?
If you open the Dungeons & Raids tab, you’ll see that:

• Dungeon Finder
  • Raid Finder

They are in different options. Article is very clear: dungeon finder system.

Raid Finder is another system.

Yes they are under different tabs under the Group Finder Tab .

They are sub groups of the same system .

1 Like

I’m not sure if this one would work out that well. For systems that create PVP groups specifically, it would lead to players putting their competition on ignore so they never have to fight against them.

I can also see people just /ignoring anyone that does poorly in a M+. I’ve encountered players I never want to play with again just because they don’t interrupt or do poor damage. I would absolutely put them on ignore if it means I could never sign up for any of their groups and they can’t sign up for mine.

Would this be an issue? I’m not sure, but it’s definitely an unintended function I could see becoming popular.

1 Like

I hardly think so, they are different systems, and the article is very clear to only dungeon finder system.

e.g.

And ignoring those players you’ll never be able to get in matches with them in the Solo queue, because you team up with the other members at some point.

This already works. Players I’ve had bad experience in M+ I put on ignore and I never see their groups nor can they apply to my groups.

But it is limited to 50 names. Meh.

That was my thought, and also abused to keep people from being able to que. BGs in a block will rotate around the same people, so blocking someone (perhaps on multiple accounts in an extreme case) could shut that player out of playing the game.

Which is why I strongly believe it doesn’t work in LFR.

Imagine if 100 people decide to troll someone in the server and put them on ignore at the same time they know they queue for LFR and everyone queue. The queue length for the ignore person will be drastically higher.

1 Like

It 100% works for LFR. It’s been confirmed by Blizz dozens of times over in the CS forums.

You’re welcome to be skeptical, but that won’t change how the system is designed.

8 Likes

The whole Dungeons and Raids tab is the Dungeon Finder system .

It includes Regular, Heroic ,TW dungeons , LfR and Premade Groups and probably includes the M+ tab too.

2 Likes

I’m skeptical because it doesn’t look like it would work there and just like it was said before a group could simply shut down one person.

Since you said it was confirmed by CS in forums, just link one of these threads here, because the articles do not confirm that.

You’re wrong. The whole Dungeons and raids tab is under the “Group Finder” system, which is comprised by:

• Dungeon Finder
  • Raid Finder
  • Premade groups

Which are under Dungeon Finder, and have specific support articles.

Which is under Raid Finder

Premade groups that vary from Quests, Dungeons, Raids and Custom Groups.

Fine:

Happy?

8 Likes

It’s from one of our favorite Blues but I’m still thinking they won’t believe it.

3 Likes

The thread has a very inaccurate information:

The ignore function removes all listing from that person in the Group Finder and also prevents them from applying to your groups.

If that really works on LFR, that means people that ignore way too much people may have significant longer queue in LFR, because otherwise that would just be prejudicial against anyone you ignore, as at the moment you decide to queue for LFR you’ll be “excluding” all of them from the LFR as well.

This could be potentially be even exploited if someone wanted to “troll” or “harass” someone in game, picking up on someone who they know only play LFr and putting that person on ignore. You can add them to a friend list and see when they’re online (character) and then just queue for LFR to make their queue longer (since the system will avoid putting these ignored people together). The more people you get to ignore that person, the longer they’ll remain in queue.

Anyway, just weird that the piece that is clearly working was stated to not work in the post…

Which I have just shown part of that information is inaccurate or wrong.

Why are you skeptical of what devs say? I’m confused.

4 Likes

Where did a Dev say anything about this, would you like to quote a developer?

Really?

I’m going to take what an actual Blizz employee says over some random players personal opinion.

All Blue posts come from actual Blizzard employees

3 Likes

Personally, I think this goes too far. Say there’s a conversation going on. You ignored me (for any reason, not just “good” ones). My ability to participate in that conversation would be hindered by you ignoring me, because now I only see some of the comments being made. You wouldn’t know if I’m talking to you anyways, because you have me on ignore. I would love to see the in-game ignore strengthened. But I think I should control what I see, not be able to control what others see.

Why not post on the CS Forums and ask Vrakthris directly, he’s on today. That is what it’s there for.

5 Likes