In-game ignore...let's make it better!

The whole “offended” shtick is a ruse, it’s all fake, even his “niceness” is fake. They call it toxic positivity, it often used by those with NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). It’s actually a form of abuse and trolling.

6 Likes

Which bring issues with those of other disorders, like ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) into light. Partly because the feelings and such of those with ASD are more likely to be genuine as opposed to the manufactured and overblown ones of NPDs.

3 Likes

I’ll add my two-cents:

I’ve had to report the same bot spamming some Mandarin nonsense standing in the beginning of Exile’s Reach for every single toon I’ve created.

It’s been a month and they’re still there sending their message every 5-10 minutes. I’ve been through Exile’s Reach a total of 15 times since I started playing.

An account-wide ignore or report feature would be very much liked.
Players don’t bother me. Bots do.

3 Likes

The part I find… bizarre… is the tactic they are using of attacking the victim.

2 Likes

Always sort of weird the people that want ‘better ignore options’ are usually the ones calling people names

3 Likes

That is actually normal for NPDs, high ability to socially maneuver and low empathy. The goal of NPDs is to get all the attention they can, think of how painting the victim of certain things could translate to more people listening or paying attention to them.

1 Like

Meanwhile, the ones that are against better ignore options… abuse the holes in the current system to circumvent blocks and continue harassing other users in game and on the forums.

Let’s not also forget the intentional thread vandalism they do in efforts to get the thread shutdown so they can silence people they don’t agree with.

7 Likes

They should beef up the ignore features and narrow reporting to only be allowable for reporting people trying to mess with kids.
That’s the mature way to handle these kinds of issues, the way we used to handle them. But we are in a rather unprecedentedly adultchild era, so I doubt it will ever be done.

You can count on Adults not even able to comport themselves as adults and behave worse that a 3 years old.

Yeah…that’s why Blizzard shouldn’t rush to meet any demands…cause there will be posters looking to weaponize it by isolating posters who disagree with them, whether anyone here will admit to it or not.

2 Likes

Good ideas but you forget Blizzard doesn’t moderate their own game and have zero interest in moderating their own game.

Then it doesn’t work.

1 Like

My theory on that is similar to that of a bully crying victim when the actual person they victimize fights back

6 Likes

There are several other issues that should be reportable besides that narrow subject IE: communicating threats, harassment, S harassment, etc.

If you go over to the CS forums you’ll see plenty of people that stated they were suspended/banned for something they didn’t do… and then get exposed by a mod for what they did do to warrant a ban. There are some aspects that they need to clamp down harder on, making a blanket statement that they do nothing isn’t exactly true.

Basiclly.

3 Likes

Have you tried reading before you reply?

I stated that I made 15 toons and had to ignore the same bot every time.

The feature requested by the OP is account to account ignore.
What we have currently is character to account.

See the difference? :rofl:

1 Like

Such a failed attempt at trolling. I see we’re done here. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This isn’t a one sided playground scuffle.

It’s a complicated mesh of tribal groups vying for control of these forums.

2 Likes

Yeah. Don’t worry thou… they will hop on a alt soon. It’s their tactic. They did it a ton in the account wide ignore threat.

They are really shook up about people wanting stronger safeguards and tools to prevent the antics they engage in.

5 Likes

As shown here. Fishing with not enough bait.

3 Likes

I keep seeing that Hidden reply. A full Account Wide Ignore system should make it so that the pest can’t reply to, view my posts, or do it’s other tactic of liking my posts just to continue it’s tactics. This block should extend into the game itself. A total “blackout” preventing any further harassment.

5 Likes