In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

Yeah, now people using the add-on will know that a Rogue is in their immediate area and they need to get defensive. I think this is a buff to the add-on actually. Do you want to know that someone is in stealth near you or someone is in stealth right next to you? I would want to know the latter.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s fine. Enjoy the status quo.

Thank god, I literally have no care what the ramifications of this are, this stupid addon makes pvp servers more soulless than the horde death squads

Even previously, the name on Spy would be lit up if they were closer to you and faded out if far away.

1 Like

The more alarming part is that people are actually surprised about this. Not like its been the same guys stumbling through a few expansions now.

But did it automatically target the player? no.

All it did was show you in a list that they existed.

If you had your combat log open, you would have seen the actions of that player, type /tar < playername > and have your imp attack or /1 < playername > near me at < coords > (taken from any coords addon)

You also could press - tab - which auto targets any enemy near you (based on closest to you) then again send imp in.

1 Like

I am not going to stealth right next to you. The range on Spy is so short now that you won’t see anything at all. I will have visual confirmation well before I am within range. Stealth is going to work like it should all along.

How does this take prio over the absolute joke pf faction imbalance?
#Numptys

One is complex to address. One is not. This was a number on a table.

So um… did that change by any chance break ClassicThreatMeter?

2 Likes

this should actually make spy better. All the false alarms from flightmaster overhead should now be eliminated for the most part.

2 Likes

A deaf player that is semi-aware of their surroundings will see you before Spy does now. So don’t count on it. Been running around with Spy all evening post nerf. It is (gladly) hot garbage now.

2 Likes

Never used it, but I’m guessing the PvP noise still isn’t going to stop.

It doesn’t break Spy, it actually improves its accuracy.

50 yards isn’t that short.

/giggle

Oh okay.

I find that spy has a lot less spammy warnings cluttering up my screen and now focuses those I actually need to pay attention to.

I love this new hot fix.
It has improved Spy in my opinion.

1 Like

People whined and now Damage meters are broke in raids, whelp, that’s enough classic for me

2 Likes

I always look for the jazz hands, myself, that’s NOT causing my health to drop.

And in BGs, I check the roster and mouse over their class symbols to see their spec. :wink:

because he doesn’t even have a classic toon.

With the current change, Hunters can’t see combat log events when using Eagle Eye or Eyes of the Beast, since it’s based on distance from the player character. You can’t even see the pet buff itself with Dive or Dash.

2 Likes

You know that this just makes Spy better, right? Now you’re not getting loads of false positives from people miles away from you.

5 Likes