In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

Again if you NEED an addon in 1.12 to clear the PVE content you’re bad.

Post your classic logs. (he won’t)

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be as much of a change as people are making it out to be. For rogue detection specifically, I’d argue it makes it worse on them, as now there’s less uncertainty regarding stealth warnings. The odds of stealthing 50 yards away from someone and catching up to them is minimal unless they’re questing or AFK.

Blizzard making them changes, what’s next?

Me on reddit right now announcing this:

That means the combatlog.txt created when you use /combatlog for creating a raid parse are unaffected by the 50 yard limit. In game addons such as details or recount are affected as they use the in game combat log.

Im average. Im not part of the elite min/max crew. 10/10 and 1/1.

Watching threat meters allow me to, for example, not wipe my entire side of the raid in ONY. I might be bad for not having ther highest dps uptime possible, but im better for not killing half the raid. Is it needed? Just like pre raid bis before raid - no. It is useful? very.

Breaking the range on how those addons get their data is bad. The fix is to have them auto sync with other addon users, creating an absurd amount of data traffic sent via the server.

When BWL releases, and Vael comes to destroy guilds again. When you need your OT available to pickup aggro instantly after 45 seconds due to imminent tank death - how do you expect players to correctly judge their threat levels if the addon is broken?

Maybe it should be that hard, and not be able to do it traditionally? Maybe it might take some ingenuity and planning to do it. It should never be tank and spank on raids.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s in their vocabulary.

1 Like

Like downloading a threat addon and training players how to play with proactive threat management in mind?

1 Like

i personally have no damage meter installed at all on classic but i have the threat meter. it’s much more important in this version of the game. any dps that doesn’t manage their threat needs to learn to play in groups better.

3 Likes

Like not knowing the battle, like going in with a group of adventurers that have to adapt and overcome. Think in the adventure not the routine.
Think of it this way. You are playing a 15 year old game and you need addons to tell you what to do. How about be creative. What is the payoff if you win evertime by script? How do you grow and learn to overcome if everyone is borg to a playbook. This is prob the only opportunity for this generation to understand adventure. Use it for gods sake. Its old content, lets start to dream a bit and have some fantasy.

1 Like

Okay now fix server lag in world boss battles please.

1 Like

15 year old game, same fight mechanics and you think the is some undiscovered strat or new way to kill the boss?

Vaelastrasz is an intense, time-critical encounter. It must be completed while Essence of the Red is active. Essence of the Red gives casters 500 mana per second, rogues 50 energy per second, and warriors 20 rage per second. While it is active, mana, energy and rage conservation are non-issues, but it will wear off three minutes after the fight begins, and then healers will no longer be able to keep up with the damage being constantly dished out to the raid. Encounters with Vael are often described as “won at 2:45” or “wiped at 3:15”.

Given the short time window, Vaelastrasz is most easily killed when the raid has tremendous DPS and adequate healing power. The encounter is a balancing act between threat control and DPS. It will test the raid’s abilities on both counts.

1 Like

Its a good attempt blizz but its not enough, you can simply make it so you cant target a player unless it it clicked or tabbed to. both requiring user input and or within range of tab being used. No software should be able to commit actions for you. such as targeting or engaging abilities without your user action.

3 Likes

Yeah, in fact, they should make it impossible to even SEE the other players! Oh, and if a player mounts or uses an ability, it should be completely silent to enemy faction. /s

If you can to it without add ons, what a god legend you could be, just like the first people who did it without add ons.

You think the first people did this without addons?

• Vaelastrasz | Ascent (US) 12.07.2005
1 Like

Thats cool, but server imbalances, insane queues, and rushed content is really what is on the forums. Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original behavior, was 200 yards not the same range as the reference client? I think this one change is good, but if it isn’t accurate then you should change it back.