In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

It’s kind of amusing because it’s basically a BUFF to spy. As others pointed out, now it means addon will only alert you for players near you instead of everywhere. It basically created a spam filter for an addon and made it MORE effective while similtaniously breaking damage meters and pve mods in raids users are forced to spread out a ton (such as ragnaros)

9 Likes

Spy Vs Spy? :rofl:

4 Likes

Great name

It’s gonna be hilarious when all these babies are still crying next week about spy!

4 Likes

You didn’t even mention the Spy addon that this was obviously meant to wreck. But credit given where credit due. Blizzard is finally doing something to help our problems.

There’s always multiboxing, but one of the main posters against it was wacked with a 2 week censor. This was mere hours after returning from a 5 week censor. He probably won’t want to say anything against multiboxing anymore.

3 Likes

You mean until the week of Dec 10th, then the first wsg they join, and Spy will still work inside the bg. Then a whole new wave of forum posts.

1 Like

It doesn’t take a brain scientist to figure out there are rogues stealthed around you in an instanced PvP battleground.

2 Likes

I’m not very techy but can you explain for the noob here why what they have done affects damage meters? Why would something like Recount not work because of this change?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Since we’re all about “fixing” things, how about “fixing” the draw distance and putting it back in the game. Tired of running into people I should be seeing 100 yards away only loading in at 50 yards.

Fix that.

Do I need to threaten to UNSUBSCRIBE to make it happen? Don’t make me.

:rofl:

1 Like

You can only detect events within 50 yards of yourself. So for example on Ragnaros, you spread out around the boss at max range. So if you’re for example on east side of ragnaros and another raider is on west side. You are > 50 yards from that other person. This means your damage meter will no longer show damage that player does because they are out of the new combat log range.

There are several situations where your combat area with a boss is > 50 yards.

My proposed fix for blizzzard is for the range to only be 50 in BGs and outdoor world, but remain > 50 in dungeons and raids. That’d be a reasonable compromise. That said, because it was limitted to 50 yards in reference client, i suspect they will NOT do this, so they’ll stick with taking a feature away that worked nicely in raids, because that feature was an accident.

8 Likes

But it will still give me their name and a nice clickable target them button.

1 Like

Skeram server is 80% horde. Spy was the only thing that made alliance playable cuz we could hide or run when horde patrols are nearby… This is not cool. Blizz can’t even fix the imbalance population, but they make it so we become hostages. Why can’t you just fix the gdamn server instead of nit picking on a add-on?

1 Like

If you don’t want to be targeted as a healer then just put all your points into shadow or ret. it’s not like healing talents matter hahastrong text

The crying will never end, look at BFA and what Classic eventually became. Go look at the actual General forums. It goes on till this day. Whine whine whine, I’m unsubbing, I’m cancelling, do this or else.

They need to just be rid of this cess pit.

1 Like

So what does this mean?

1 Like

If you do /combatlog and upload your logs to warcraftlogs or something, those logs will remain unchanged. Restriction applies to the IN GAME api addons use, not the logs parsed out of game.

1 Like

OHH SNAP!

1 Like

blizzard endless love for rogues and hate for healers is unreal

1 Like

Still gonna be running around mounted with my brain off until my game beeps at me to pay attention but this is definitely better!