Imagine removing a 16 year old emote

They’ll probably say the female Nelf dance is too suggestive and change it as well. :roll_eyes:

Imagine the word spit hurting someone. Is it as dangerous as Merry Christmas?

3 Likes

It means that regardless if he believes in CRT/Feminism that he thinks that removing /spit is going too far.

It also insulates him from people missing the point and implying he’s only upset because he’s a right-winger who thinks this is part of cancel culture and bending the knee to feminism. It saves time from debating politics to say that the change is stupid.

It also shows that people who may believe things that other’s consider “too far” do think that changes can go too far, especially stupid and pointless ones. So regardless what they believe, we can all agree the change is dumb.

1 Like

#nochangers when blizz takes out /spit be like:

People buy a store mount that people detest then are shocked when people /spit on them, so now blizzard wants to protect their cash cows.

2 Likes

People were being mean with it to those players with the store mount.

Are you crazy! Blizzard can’t have anyone being mean to people buying items from their store. It could prevent them from making future purchases. Forget putting their efforts into making the game better or their workplace culture better. This is what needs focus today.

Yeah, in our society in general, but now they’re invading games as well. I’m just wondering how long it’ll be now before they’re marching & goose-stepping to eliminate all pvp in all on line games. I mean, after all, if it’s “offensive” to spit on a player’s corpse, how much more “offensive” to kill them? :rofl: :joy:

I’ve never cared for those kinds of emotes personally and never used them myself but I believe in that nearly extinct philosophy of To Each Their Own, and Live And Let Live, not to mention that Classic was supposed to be for playing an Oldskool version of the game as it was back in the day. And it has never occurred to me that the world should change to suit my own personal preferences to make it my personal Utopia.

So sad to see more and more signs, daily, of our transition to Orwellian times.

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s just a crock. The only respect for others’ sensitivities and values is reserved for those who are firmly nestled in the “new” hive mind and adhere strictly to the political “sensitivities and values” of The Party, or if they at least virtue signal and “appear” to be in lock-step. “Diversity” of thought, opinions, or values is verboten. Taboo. And it’s now socially acceptable, even encouraged, to treat that kind of “diversity” with any kind of nasty treatment. No holds barred.

6 Likes

/e spits on %t.

What they gonna do?

Oh no blizzard made some hollow gestures to appease a bunch of screeching liberals. Capitalism wins again.

Nilfen makes some strange gestures

I figured it was being removed due to the trend of spitting on players with warp stalker mount. Didn’t think it was due to opposing faction being salty.

1 Like

Really? Why are you so inescure about a video game you take offense from a emote in a fantasy world???

Life must be so hard for you…

2 Likes

is it just me noticing it, but most people who are butthurt, absolutely a**blasted at this change (or bug) and blaming the evil feminism boogieman are PVP trihards? Same guys who would /spit on people after killing a lowbie on their 70 rogue, but then screech and flip the f’ out when they get /spat on in return lol.

But I think Blizz changed it for the whales ($$$) to buy the mount+boost, than it being for pvp harassment. But idk what I expect from pvp trihards as most have underlying ego and undiagnosed mental illnesses.

But storytime on a not pvp, but annoying /spit situation, as it was being done to grief: We had a guy on ally side of Grobbulus who had /spit %t macro to annoy us on our server, and it made following RP in the chat hard af to follow even if we moved as he’d follow us, turn invis, sap us and generally be a nuisance as his reasoning to do it was so we would ‘pvp with him’ to make him stop. Obviously we just ignored his childish emotes and didn’t pvp him, and he’d get frustrated and try more and more to the point of /spitting at one of my guildies for 30 minutes as she sat semi-afk in Shatt.

ppl got issues man.

1 Like

The state of the WoW team lmfaoooo these clowns need to be transferred to like Hearthstone or some place far away from WoW.

Congrats to the Morons in charge! You’ve successfully fixed your harassment and discrimination problems at your company by removing /spit!!! What’s next? i am guessing /lick and /kiss

2 Likes

you won nothing. you probably work at the dollar store, are 500lbs and wear jack skellington shirts.

/spit

5 Likes

you miss the point entirely and make the whole issue about you, as typical lefties do.

you ever heard of the end of the DK quest line where all NPCs spit on you?

the people with issues are you. grow up, kid.

8 Likes

The /spit emote is a timeless PvP classic and as old as the game itself.

It doesn’t “discriminate” against anybody really, it’s just a fun emote to throw out during PvP - that’s all :man_shrugging:

Even most liberals are fine with it, it’s a fairly “neutral” emote and harmless.

As a side-note, I find it amusing that they have the time to go in and “prune” random emotes… but apparently don’t have the time to fix the game or release fresh content in a timely manner :laughing:

3 Likes

You are supposed to have it macroed so you can use it right before you administer the killing blow.

I have never used /spit. I always use /laugh

LOL!

some javascript error when trying to post. man this place is a craphole.

i know your pain, i still use that WA actually, i love it, LOVE it, im devastated, /spit is a hallmark emote that has lasted the entirety of the game, and for hurt fee fees they’re removing it? insane decision, i can’t wait to unsub when wraths done. Although i might have to do it alot sooner at this rate, chipping away at every feature i enjoy, i’m feeling the same experience i got near the end of wrath an expansion and a half early, where blizz incompetence kills all the joy i could find in playing this game, something for people to note.

1 Like