Imagine if the first day of BFA, you had to pick a covenant which would determine what corruptions, essences and azerite traits you were able to get

what a laughable response.

that’s true of EVERYTHING if life. That’s what hobbies are for. That is what games are for. You don’t have to be the best in the world, but you can be the best for yourself. I like being good at this game because that’s what I enjoy. I’m not going to take anything from this game and expect anyone to think anything of it. Hell, even in game, it’s not like people respect players for experience, rating, etc.

I mean, I still enjoy playing chess with friends and I still enjoy winning. Is that wrong? I still enjoy doing track days on my motorcycle… you know what… I’m never going to win any races. But you know, I still like being as good as I can be with what I have.

If your logic is that min/max is ONLY for pushing world first, then why wear gear at all? Why enchant? Why do anything more the LFR? Every time you get a new piece of gear, are you min/max’ing because you want to put on a better piece? Why does it have to stop there?

The logic here is just terrible. People will cry about min/max all day but I don’t see those people running around in green gear off to do their LFR for the week.

These covenants smell something funky. Hopefully they do not damn the whole first patch like Azerite armor.

2 Likes

No logic at all, pure emotion. Point; being good at the game will trump a 1-2% handicap.

1 Like

when you can’t counter even one point, so you make some nonsensical response…

that isn’t how wow works either. being good at the game doesn’t trump the 1-2% handicap. I know and have the experience to show/prove it.

Except for the fact that…many cases have such a minor difference it isn’t enough to make or break anything?

2 Likes

Remember in BfA when people told us to wait and see. Two years later here we are.

1 Like

some of the abilities quite literally change how you play some specs.

how daft can you be?

1 Like

Cool, and this counters my point in what way?
Results =/= gameplay

Ypu hitting 4 twice as often means nothing if its a difference of 1-3%

I’ve imagined and done this.

It was called saying one char will be MM and only MM hunter. Or…only enhancement shaman.

As longs as you can live with that choice…all good. But I lean more to RP is greater than all else. As long as I can hop on the char and enjoy whatever head story RP they have…I can live with not as great damage and other things.

1 Like

I can’t wait until we are faced with critical choices like covenants in Shadowlands, the hype is real.

That’s what many people do here. Nearly all of these players know next to nothing about the system we will be faced with since none of them have alpha access in the first place. And… you know, it’s alpha.

1 Like

I’d be happy with a 5-10% covenant power differential tbh and less than 20% would be ok by me. Now PvP is entirely optional, I can just enjoy the only thing in this game that isn’t too strictly limited by character pve power and is far more eternal than borrowed power - transmogs.

1 Like

Countered your whole argument. I’m the guy that will go 20-0 with a riot shield on COD. Stop compensating, it’s a game.

you’re saying it doesn’t matter and couldn’t be further from the truth.

It’s not 1-3%. stop throwing out random, made up numbers and go read the abilities.

it’s that many of us have the experience and history to know what this means. just like azerite was downplayed. just like legendary items were dismissed… this is no different. so many ‘issues’ in BFA alpha made it to live, only to be nerfed later on.

you ever had an alpha invite? do you know the kinda of feedback we gave? stop dismissing these concerns… they are valid and players understand the ramifications of these new systems.

you can go read about them right now and if you can’t see how utterly broke some of them may be… then not sure what to say.

1 Like

Just because they didn’t implement what you wanted doesn’t mean that the feedback was disregarded or ignored.

yawn.

It’s not about what I wanted. It was about seeing glaring issue make it into live. issues players called out months ahead of time. feedback that never got responses to.

you have no idea what you’re talking about and it shows. quit arguing.

3 Likes

It’s weird because that’s what I did too.

Blizzards job isn’t to give you personal responses. Their job is to develop a game that players enjoy spending their time and money on. Obviously they are still doing a great job at it since we’re still here playing.

1 Like

it actually is to give responses. that’s why they invite players to alpha. that’s why they ask for feedback. their job is take the feedback into account and most of the time they do. that’s why people are here raising concerns over a system that is going to cause issues.

but hey, what would you know, you’re just a level 110 forum alt.

2 Likes

No, it’s actually not their job to give you personal responses.

That’s correct, that is exactly what alpha is for. They aren’t required to give responses to players feedback though.

ever been on the alpha forums?

I never said they were required to. any more garbage you want to spew?

2 Likes

This part where you said their job is to give responses would argue that.