Imagine if the first day of BFA, you had to pick a covenant which would determine what corruptions, essences and azerite traits you were able to get

who themn all power 2 u !!

But he didn’t outline should we get access to all the spells at once or do we pick one and then can freely swap those spells?

1 Like

the best answer is what ? this !

I think freely swapping though the abilities is the best way to go

Imaging being heart set on necrolords but when you’re doing the venthyr stuff you discover you love the ability and really want to keep using it and the necrolord ability is something that doesn’t interest you

What a scum. ecks dee.
OP not giving proper feedback.
Misleading the people
But ya looking at the post history one can kinda infer that they are referring to the ability to be detached from the RP choice

I still want them to wait a week or two after launch before making them swappable, like psyche! That’d be hilarious

There’s intended design by the devs, you cant pretend doing something the devs wouldnt want you to do because they didnt think of it is “another playstyle”

Covenant intend is crystal clear here, the people who are against it ARE AGAINST ITS VERY INTEND.

Again you are moving more away from the rpg aspects of the game and more towards performance.

If a guild for example clears a mythic boss with a balanced comp because their members happen to focus on playing what they enjoy rather than meta then that group is clearly far more skilled than the guild that stacks what the current broken class is.

What I am saying is that obsessing over performance is silly because if you get 19 other good players, you will get it (Outside of blizzard fails on some bosses bymaking immunities mandatory mathematically : ) )

More is good but not needed, more is often used to cover for the under performance of other players of mechanic failures, you are not responsible for people’s failure to the point you need to play meta to cover for their failure.

It does matter at some key levels like 20-22+etc

It does not matter on mythic raids or 15s. And Blizzard’s goal is always to balance all specs to be able to do these two.

After that, yes many specs/builds are extremely hard to almost impossible to bring in ultra high keys, the thing is, blizzard isnt concerned with that, they balanced it well enough for the reward cap, after that people can do whatever they want.

And these people clearly should not influence how the game works because what they are doing, is outside of the intended balance goal of blizzard.
YOu can keep pushing but blizzard isnt gonna balance all specs to be viable at a 25 because that is not their goal

It is like saying Oh no my covenant cant do a mythic 26, well blizzard doesnt care, as long as your covenant can do the shadowlands 10 and the mythic raid, they are good.

And I am pretty sure you wont get many people being interested in doing a m26 even if they could switch covenants because those high key levels are done by an extremely tight minority that wont magically increase by allowing them to change covenants willy nilly.

Nope. False and always will be.

A Mistweaver is always gonna be worse than its counter parts in raids because it’s just a bad spec there. No matter how skilled and good they are.

You show us examples of players being better than equally skilled players following the best options. Good luck.

I think you’re sorely over estimating where RP stands in the average players hierarchy of importance

Sooner they fix this the better, hopefully they announce they fixed the covenant systems on the Shadowlands stream the 9th july.

I think they threw the idea in the air to get feedback about it, like they’ve been doing with many system like Thorgast torments. Not that they just want to stick to it. Clearly they said they were ready to scrap the system which means they are themselves not sure about it.

I’m sadistic, I want to watch people squirm for a bit

Borrowed power is so “fun”. Can we just have covenants give us stuff that changes world play and not PvE/PvP content that matters?

No thank you, the abilities and soul binds are what I’m looking forward to

Yea I think there’s always some interest for new stuff, just maybe that people would like it not to make it world of covenants next expansion.

Are we at release yet? for Covenants? no.
Hence they are still susceptible to change, especially in such early stages of testing such as Alpha.

And hence feedback.

Man this comment is like saying, hey i shall choose not to get a degree irl even tho i have the capabilities of getting it, and just settling for a grade school diploma, and wondering why the heck i lost to an interview for a job against someone who has a better educational background than me even tho everything else is equal.

Everyone no matter how small, how annoying it is, strives to get better, to at least be better than the curve. If you arent, then you are expecting a handout, or you have no interest in the area that you are in.

1 Like

And I will keep supporting the current iteration where changing back and forth is extremely hard just like many others do everytime we see a tryhard make a thread demanding to make them into talents.

If anything that proves how flawed the system is because you said everything else is equal, from skill to abilities, so instead of judging a person based on those and choosing the one that fits the skillset more, they are looking for papers that many times dont mean much because

1. Lazy and low skilled people can still graduate
  2. Many people learn a lot more by working on the job because all the theoretical knowledge the college gave them was often useless and irrelevant to how the actual work environment is.
    But thanks for proving my point uwu

Sorry not a murican to have been brainwashed into the hatred for social services : )

Like it’s just about maximum potential

We have no idea how to tell how well people will perform unless we have access to their logs

Like I play off meta builds, when I form a group I usually just pick whoever

However every time I’ve had a frost mage in my group I’ve never seen them blow up a dps meter
I’ve never seen a high performance marks hunters
I know a demon hunter with no hands is still a safe bet normally

It’s like you’re going to pick the person with a degree because you know they’ve come prepared - and for all we know the person that dropped out of high school could be way better than them but as far as we can tell from the brief interaction we will have the degree person is the way to go

Like we aren’t exactly going to be pulling someone through a +10 before we do the +15 to make sure they’re good enough

Clearly reading is difficult for you since i said everything else is equal, but sure i guess.

If both parties have everything equal, but 1 has a higher educational background compared to the other, why should I settle for 2nd best when i can have the better one?

Lol ok, I’m not from America either mate.

Frostmourne scum leeching off that warmode bonus

/spit

Which is why I don’t pug. And our guild is play what you like

If we run into issues we ask, but we don’t force. And usually it’s not a problem, more problems with not running a bench, but we want people to play