Imagine being an artist

So, you think it’s ugly, problem solved. Don’t get it.
I’ve paid for subs since launch and I’ve earned nothing except the memories made in the game and fun had.

I’m not sure I understand wanting it given to you either, if you think it’s ugly?

I appreciate times are tight, and not everyone can do the 6 months. I’m in Canada, monthly it’s $20 so getting a 6 month on sale, even when money is tight, makes more sense. But I do utterly understand money being tight.

Though again, if you don’t like it…why would you want it?

1 Like

Have you made art assets for games before, buddy?

if you think players spend their time and money here based mostly on the artwork then you’re sadly mistaken. lol

2 Likes

You keep making this claim. Where are your credits?

People definitely ARE saying that.

You get it for paying 20 dollars as well. Did you notice the new Transmog tab in the store, more are on the way. Can you imagine how many people would storm those old zones if they put new transmogs in them? Blizz could do something like that in a content drought like the one we are in now, and tons of people would come back just to hunt the new mogs. Put some new sets in old dungeons with a low drop chance = profit. It would also bring life back to those areas which would be a boon for new players as well, as they’d have more people to group with and learn from.

1 Like

Or it can be looked at as a reward for those who have committed to this game long term.
I have received all of these for free, without even being aware of their existence until I receive them (or are told about them at least.)

Do you really not plan on playing Shadowlands for what would it be 5 months or so?

4 Likes

lol, where are yours?

I don’t think anyone is upset with any of the artists at Blizzard, they do an outstanding job imo.

Considering players clearly care more about transmog, mounts, customization etc… than other stuff. I’d say that he’s correct.

I mean some people won’t like it, it is what it is, and tastes are subjective.
The set itself had a very VERY positive response when it was first datamined many many months ago so the artist responsible already knows people in general like it.

That’s not what I said. Please refer to

And they have a right to.

People are allowed to not like an artists work. They are allowed to say they do not like an artists work.

No professional artist with a grasp on what it means to be a professional artist demands that no one criticize their art.

4 Likes

They could for sure, just doesn’t make sense to me.
I would rather they make more stuff for new content instead.

Old stuff has PLENTY of rewards already between pets, achievements, and hundreds of transmogs.

If anything, it would probably make the old stuff look really bad by comparison.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be hard for you to solidify this claim since you use the term clearly. So, I’ll chill here waiting on something from you to solidify this wild claim.

1 Like

Yeah. I thought so.

1 Like

No, they’re not, you’re right, but they are inevitable in the art world. You will get insults and flames. Even if they are vile.

I’d rather refer to the part where you said the art team was carrying the game, which means they are the ones we are here for.

lol so artists making assets for games aren’t real artists then? Because they make stuff for the game and don’t “create to create”? And like I’ve said above, “this is garbage” is not criticism, it’s just rude.

Anyone who designed that (which is probably an intern, unpaid, or one of the top dogs daughter or son, does not deserve anything. It’s horribly designed. I KNOW I went to art school.

Just kidding - I love it UwU I can’t wait to get it and zoom around OwO

1 Like

Sure, check the forums. What people talk the most about?

A bad response is always better than no response at all after all.

Not to mention that constructive criticism in itself is overrated. Not everyone can give it , not everyone should give it because they might be talking about something else entirely.