I'm sorry, "I had to do it when it was new" is not an excuse to keep Pathfinder for irrelevant content

It appeared that way to you.

It was a silly, aggro-filled leap for you to make considering your ignorant comment, especially since I never said anything remotely like, “Dragonriding isn’t flying,” yet you felt it necessary to attempt to put words in my mouth.

Of course it’s flying, and it’s awesome. But I understand why people feel like we should have both regular and Dragonflying. And there’s not only nothing wrong with that, the fear is also completely understandable considering everything that’s happened regarding flying since WoD.

Maybe choose a factual comment to further your argument next time, instead of continuing to defend/deflect from your fact-free comment. There’s no shame in saying, “Oh, right, my bad, I had no idea about VTOL tech, how cool to learn something new! I should have said… [something more accurate supporting your argument.]” It’s what adults do, own their mistakes. :grinning:

It’s like I’m talking to a crazy person. The reason WoD wasn’t popular was clearly it’s total lack of content.

Yes, because you arrogantly came into an already existing conversation to try to make a “gotcha!” statement with your “Harriers exist!!!” comment as if one airplane out of many makes my earlier example “false.” Your inability to understand nuance is not my problem. Most reasonable people understand that a single exception to the larger rule does not make the larger rule null.

It’s not ONE airplane.

But you go ahead and die on that hill, since apparently you don’t have a better argument, nor are mature enough to admit you’re wrong.

Is it all airplanes, then? You seem to be operating under the impression that the exception makes the rule.

My statement was to show that flying isn’t limited to only those things that can hover or stop on a dime or basically ignore physics and gravity. You are still coming back with the “If one type of airplane can do something similar to that, then your example of airplanes not being able to do that is completely wrong!” fallacy. Again, most reasonable people will understand that an example about how the vast majority of airplanes work isn’t made invalid because of a specialty aircraft.

Again, your “gotcha!” statement wasn’t nearly as clever or intelligent as you want everyone to believe it was.

It is content. It teaches people that you cannot just have everything handed to you for free. That this game is all about putting effort into the game and get rewarded equivalent to the difficulty.

And no, youre not playing WoW for 16 years, no veteran player is this whinny. In fact, i think you arent even born when WoW was released.

To me, you sounded like a spoiled child asking for blizzard to hold your hands because you lack the skills to do some easy achievements.

Perhaps try an idle game. Should fit your style perfectly

1 Like

It kinda is OP.

Other players had to do it.
Everyone should then as well.
If not, then use the ground mounts fully.

I’m all for relaxing requirements on things over time or making them slightly easier as time goes on but I do take issue with the mentality that anything thats x age should just be given for free / be something you steamroll over. As far as bfa pathfinder, i don’t mind it at all being relaxed at this point but i do still think it raises a good question of: if a convenience upgrade for what is now completely irrelevant content is not good enough of something to grind for the casuals, well what is? It seems like almost every discussion about this game is about removing any and all barriers to spending time playing it to get anything.

1 Like

People these days just really are incapable of reading a thread, aren’t they? It’s really extraordinary.

Anyway, I’m going to stop replying to the exact same messages over and over again. Read the replies that are already there, folks.

It’s the phone gamer mentality. They don’t want to actually play the game, they just want it to be over so they can quit again and go do something else.

All these complaints are from people who quit. And they’re just going to quit again, so who cares? They’ll be back in 2 years complaining again about the exact same things, no matter what happens.

1 Like

It seems like alot of people who play games these days seem to think anything that makes them spend any time to get is the devs like, trying to squeeze money out of them or something. I’d understand it in games like say league of legends or overwatch but in wow its just weird. Like oh no, i cant fly around in BAD expansion for azeroth because i have to…play bfa. Sometimes they have a point like say 9.0 torghast, but alot of the time its just: oh god i have to log in to get rewards, what a war crime.

1 Like

There’s a huge difference between unlocking something by playing the game, and with how Blizzard used to make us unlock flying.

The old Pathfinding was overly tedious and frustrating, and should have been much less painful. To many people, it felt like payback by the devs for not letting them take out flying entirely.

Just make people play through the expansion. When they complete certain regions, let them fly in those regions. When they complete the story of the expansion before patches, then let them fly account wide for that expansion.

It’s not a “hand everyone flying for nothing” situation, and it’s not a ridiculous grind to make us all want to jump off a bridge either.

5 Likes

Putting in effort into content that was made irrelevant two years ago. That’s not meaningful content, that is just wasting unnecessary effort on things that are not compelling or fun for the people that actually want it.

Again, way to generalize. Then again, it’s beating a head against a brick wall at this point. Just from a cursory look at your responses in this thread, you’re not interested in having a discussion, just disguising some misguided superiority complex as derogatory and completely arrogant remarks about how I haven’t been playing this game for years.

I don’t have to prove anything to you to know what I’m talking about and what I want.

I might not care enough to do the endgame content for this game, being that I’ve spent most of my time role playing and leading a guild in role playing from 2007 to 2015 and only touching new expansion releases for the first months of release. I have the time and I could pursue these achievements if I didn’t have a choice, and earn them same as everyone else. That isn’t the problem.

Completing world quests to farm reputation might not be hard but that doesn’t mean it’s compelling content. It’s boring. It’s repetitive. There’s no point other than to pad out time. I don’t feel like I’m gaining anything except to know that I’m just working on a daily basis to get something in content I’ll only care about while I’m leveling.

These achievements simply should not exist. There should not be a barrier to unlocking the ability to fly in content that’s three years-old at this point.

4 Likes

The BFA one is the most annoying, fortunately I did get the WoD one before it got waaaay more easier. What’s killing me from getting BFA flying is the rep grinds. Need to get them revered so it’s a matter of doing dumb dailies in old content to get ahem flying in an old expansion, WITH the exception of wonderwing 2.0. That rep grind is what’s killing it rn.

It was absolutely payback by the devs for all the egg they had on their face after being forced to back down on their “no flying ever again” dictate.

But the problem with pathfinding has always been that pathfinder didn’t let you fly. It just gave you an I.O.U. for flying a year later.

With the year-long-wait removed, pathfinding is fine. The requirements themselves have always been trivial.

If we ever get pathfinding again, it needs to be unlockable IN THE LAUNCH PATCH. Attach whatever hoops to jump through that they want, just have flying available on launch. Then leave it up to the player how fast they get it.

1 Like

Which can be done with flying.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

What exactly is difficult about PF?

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No he’s right. Pathfinder is NOT content.

3 Likes

Yeah, you already replied to me with that, and I already replied to you. At this point, we’ve gone past “somebody didn’t read the thread” and ventured into “somebody didn’t read his own posts”.

It warranted being said again.

Also the last thing I said to you was:

So no, you never actually gave me a reason as to why you think pathfinder is actual content.

And I believe this is why pathfinder helps a lot. You experience all the new “novel” stuff the first playthrough.

O.K. I’ve done it. That was interesting, but I really don’t want to do all that every time I run a character through the zone.

Oh, now all my alts can do it with much less hassle now that I have Pathfinder unlocked.

1 Like