I'm sorry, "I had to do it when it was new" is not an excuse to keep Pathfinder for irrelevant content

Same, and THIS.

4 Likes

Majority of players are casual.
You force a grind on those casuals they will walk and you can say bye bye to WoW.

How about if you cant handle the casualness of the game, you walk. Since there is more of us and less of you.

I have no problem with gatekeeping flying. I do have a issue with gatekeeping behind idiotic rep grinds.

there is no justification for it. Besides blizzard trying to string out the so called content.

if blizz got rid of everything people ask for on the forums they’d really be screaming bored. and the content ain’t irrelevant if your in said area playing the game having fun omg it ain’t got endgame gear its irrelevant lol. there nothing wrong with keeping pathfinder or even allied races just play the game and quit whining and you will have these things.

I don’t think anyone ever thought pathfinder for old content was fun.
When they are current content, Pathfinder and Allied races basically complete themselves and it hardly feels like a grind.
But you can no longer get them while playing naturally and it feels super grindy.

They should just make flying in prior expansions either like 7.5k gold or just make it an heirloom item for like 20K like they do with the flight points

1 Like

Maybe give people with pathfinder a discount on it, i dunno but i dont think it should be a requirement

I had a good laugh when I came back to the game after a years long absence and realized I could fly ANYWHERE I wanted… except Battle for Azeroth lands. That’s including after doing the super simple Zereth Mortis unlock. It’s such a stupid thing for them to have done. Just make it so once you’re Max Level, you can fly anywhere.

4 Likes

Subscription numbers disagree

2 Likes

Pathfinder is not and has never been content. It’s literally a gate. Nothing else. All the content will still exist and there for people to do.

Removing PF will not remove ANY of that old content.

It’s literally a gate for no reason.

1 Like

I got pathfinder in Legion and BFA while they were current content, but I had to go through Draenor’s PF when it was already old.

There’s a huge difference when you’re farming it through current content. You just do your dailies, or log in on the weekends, and sooner or later you get the achievement without even thinking about it. But doing it after the content is old is just painfully slow. All the content is already available and you just need to keep coming back to try to get the remaining reputation with boring quests, while you’re trying to keep up with the actual current content.

Maybe keep the pathfinder achievements for completionists, so they can still farm it to their hearts’ content, but without tying it to flying? Just let people fly in old areas, so they can have enough time to enjoy the current content they’ll be missing otherwise.

I’ve done the pathfinder achievements while current in every expansion they’ve existed in. And I genuinely believe flying needs to be disconnected from them once the expansion is done. The fact that a new player cannot fly in those zones years after they’ve been relevant is just objectively bad.

2 Likes

How about we just have the following to unlock flying:

Be level cap.
Loremaster for every zone in that expac (i.e. do all quests).
Explorer for every zone in that expac.
Get all flight paths.

That way you don’t break quests with flying, and you’ve seen all the stuff on the ground flying as to offer. I love the concept of having to earn flying because the view is amazing because it feels earned. I just don’t think getting Revered in 8+ factions that you can’t grind only dailies is irritating.

2 Likes

pathfinder was only made to make you play longer

play longer = more money for loser lizzard.
dumb company only cares about money not their player base, am I right blues that won’t answer…
should just be 5k and done.