I'm sorry, "I had to do it when it was new" is not an excuse to keep Pathfinder for irrelevant content

lol You’re a dork. Just a dumb, childish dork.

1 Like

They could at least remove the revered requirement. It’s really the only time gate in it.

1 Like

I don’t see how that is a better method than having to engage the content prior to earning the ability to fly over it.

Then just go to Underrot(?) via flight point. Or park an alt there permanently to avoid travel time entirely.

“I’m feeling minorly inconvenienced” while I farm this mount is a pretty lame motive.

Dragonriding not being some “no-clip” hack like current “flying” doesn’t make it “not flying” though.

When I was new it took 6 months to unlock walking. Before that we all just crawled around killing stuff.

It is indeed not flying, especially given one cannot just straight stop when they want to, hover, or any of the other things you can do with flying! Thanks though.

1 Like

Airplanes cannot just straight stop when they want to, hover, or anything else. Are you going to say airplanes are really “not flying?” Just because you want no-gravity, no-physics, free z-axis movement, doesn’t make Dragonriding “not flying.” Thanks though.

Well, that’s exactly how it worked in TBC, WOTLK, CATA and MOP… in those expansions, the second you hit max level you could purchase flying and everyone loved those expansions.

WOTLK is regarded as one of the best WoW expansions of all time and MOP is pretty high up there as well.

When was pathfinder introduced and we no longer were able to fly when we first hit max level? Oh yes, WOD…unquestionably the worst expansion.

This is the type of flying that we’ve had in all the expansions i mentioned above and everyone loved them, had a great time.

Although we’ve had pathfinder since WoD in 2015, we’ve had that same type of flying from 2006 (TBC) to 2022 (Shadowlands) and people never had any complaints about it.

Is it good that Blizzard wants to try something new with dragon riding? Sure, always good to switch it up a bit…but that doesn’t mean they need to remove regular flying for those of us who enjoy it.

I say, let people who want to dragon ride use dragon riding and let those who want regular flying to use regular flying; it’s a win-win with zero downsides.

WoW is a fantasy game where humans can shoot chaos bolts from their finger tips and turn cow people into sheep.

No need to compare everything in WoW to real life.

Yes, it has been. It still doesn’t make Dragonriding “not flying” though. Both are still categorized as types of “flying.”

That’s fine but we should still just let people use regular flying if they choose, no reason to not allow that.

And to be technical, dragon riding is really just “gliding” not flying.

Sounds like it is relevant content or you wouldn’t be doing it.

Totally agree OP.

During early 2020 lockdown, I finally persuaded some friends and their teen kids to try WoW.

I started an alt to level with them and we had a blast! When we hit 60 and got flying, they lost their minds with joy!

As we were leveling pretty fast, I had to prepare them for when MoP content wouldn’t give exp anymore and we’d have to move on to WoD, Legion, and current BfA content, all places with Pathfinder where they’d be grounded, and out-level the content before we had to move to the next expansion zones with the same limitations.

Their joy turned to disinterest, and they quit soon after.

That’s 4 subs Blizzard would still have if they actually cared about their players having fun, and stopped insisting on repeatedly taking away rewards players have already earned.

The only part of Pathfinder I love is that it’s account-wide.

3 Likes

Leveling is so stupidly fast I reckon they were just uninterested in the game if they couldn’t put up with being grounded for a few hours.

i hate how they basically force the story on players like that now

smh :-1:

Where I exist in 2022, the Harrier Jump Jet very much can.
~https://youtu.be/DPCfTer0zzo

My WoW airplane do all those things too.

Are you going to argue that Harrier Jump Jets are the only airplanes that actually fly?

Why would you even suggest that? That would be even more absurd than your claim that airplane VTOL/hover tech doesn’t exist when it’s been around for over half a century.

Personally I think there’s nothing wrong with the idea of Pathfinder. It’s way better than a some random gold sink, it just needs to be a little more lax on the timegating.

• Be max level, explore every zone and complete the story? Easy and nice.
  • Do all that and then wait 9+ months? No, stop it.
3 Likes

The problem is nuanced, and the demand doesn’t remedy the back ended problem created by simply giving away flight.

If they do as you suggest and remove that grind, now we have expedited player ability to complete quests, and other content extremely faster, and leaves a vacancy to fill that gap. It probably would cause conflict with the profit model as well. I don’t see them remedying this issue easily. They want players to continue being active during each season, and only so much content is created each season.

Outside this point, if you meant for older content, i’m pretty sure they gave flying away earlier towards the end of BFA, or early SL. I never earned the Pathfinder for WOD/Legion and I have it.

Flying was never originally bought at max level. It was released in TBC learned at level 60(when the cap was 70). Then in WotLK, all you had to do was buy cold-weather flying for 1000G. And in Cats, it was automatically given to you. So, at what point was it originally bought at max level? Get your fact straight.