I'm sorry, "I had to do it when it was new" is not an excuse to keep Pathfinder for irrelevant content

How dare blizzard ask me to play thier game to get game rewards.

Flying was a mistake.

When you cater to the casual crowd, people quit. Grind or walk.

When you cater to either crowd, the other crowd quits.

Get it right.

It’s just… one crowd out-populates the other by a huge margin.

1 Like

It seems like the obvious solution is to adopt FFXIV’s system where you can start flying as soon as you’ve mapped every maguffin in a zone.

Maybe fold some of it into quests or something but in theory if someone wants to B-line that as soon as they hit a zone they should be able to unlock flying. If absolutely nothing else I’d consider it a necessity just because of war mode. You can’t have remotely fair interactions when one person has 310% flying speed, and the other guy is land bound with an epic mount.

I m not doing shadowland pathfinder, it was too much

This adds into why I never plan to go back into systemlands or other old garbage.

A better question is… why feel entitled? Flight is for players who played its corresponding Expansion. I didnt play Draenor, so I dont fly on it… I am fine. You have to earn it if you want it. Enough of Freebies.

BTW, I got flight faster in BFA not only becoz of dungeons but becoz of its Battle Pets Quests.

As for War Mode, the way to fix this is quite simple:

War Mode On = No Flying.

Wanna fly? Turn War Mode off. Pretty simple. War Mode gets higher rewards per quest, Non War Mode gets quests done faster. It’s balanced that way.

As for XIV’s flying, it makes perfect sense. Grab 10 “macguffins” (which are Aether Currents, basically ‘ley lines’ in WoW terms) and also learn 5 of them – 3 of them from main story quests in the area and 2 from side quests (which usually lead to important quest chains that will unlock stuff later, which is why they want to make you aware of which ones those actually are).

Once you do all that, you’ve pretty much seen and experienced 80% of each zone on the ground and there’s no real reason to force you to stay on the ground. You saw the zone, and those 10 currents are spread out in such a way that you see most of the zone from the ground, kinda similar to map exploration achievements in Pathfinder.

Those make sense!

The Reputation requirements? Not so much. Those are just there to waste your time.

I would have zero qualms with Shadowlands Pathfinder if it was “Discover all the map areas and finish the main story.”

Doing that would similarly make you go through the majority of the zones on the ground. But no, the part everybody hates, and for good reason, is the rep grinds. Oh, and the Time-Gating where they made you wait until the .2 patch before it was even available.

2 Likes

you are paying for a game.
you SHOULD fly straight away.

money isn’t important?

Agree completely, I believe this should extend to Allied races as well once they are no longer current content.

So if I buy a game, should it be instantly complete without any progress or effort from me?
I think a happy balance is what’s needed.

One post anti-flying troll.

1 Like

Imagine thinking the desire to want a completely inconsequential feature gone is “entitlement.”

This kind of logic just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. It’s not like I’m demanding Blizzard to give me free epics or legendaries when all I want to do is just be able to fly, and not have to worry about unlocking it for all of my alts so I can get through the leveling process faster.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We who were on that Expansion has bled to have it. You have to bleed too. Stop the entitlement.

WoW has always been a game for adults and is not meant for kids like you who has everything just being handed to them these days.

I would suggest playing genshin impact or fortnite if you want some instant gratification and just want to have fun without putting sctual effort in games.

For us adults, we are mature enough to understand what an mmo game is and every mmo game are meant to have rewards given to you only AFTER you made the EFFORT towards it.

Youngsters like you should steer clear from WoW as this game is meant for players who doesnt want to be spoiled and like working hard with the rewards being worth the effort.

Pathfinder achievements isnt even that difficult to begin with, seeing as youre struggling and do not posses the neccessary skills to do it means at end game, you wont survive at all.

I did mine in less than a week and i dont play 10hours a day like you young kids.

So just stop wasting your time and move on to easier games.

1 Like

I think a better question is why you care, since it won’t affect you in any way.

I was commenting on another reply that was saying that you should get stuff for free in games just because you paid for the game.
Flying for old content should be unlocked the moment it’s not current content.

2 Likes

I’m 31 years old working full-time. Cut the crap.

2 Likes

Becoz I bleed. I have bled. It didnt come out free on me. So you mean to say, all I have to do is log in to new expansion and ask for freebie?

“I suffered so you have to suffer” is such a bad argument.
Imagine wishing bad things to happen to people just because it happened to you.
Remember when a certain political figure was speaking against free healthcare because their son died and didn’t have free healthcare?

You had to do it when the content was new, three years ago.

Surprise, the content is no longer new. There is literally no need to force people through it anymore.

3 Likes