I'm sorry, "I had to do it when it was new" is not an excuse to keep Pathfinder for irrelevant content

I agree. I got Pathfinder when it was new and I was rewarded for that by being able to fly in current content. It’s outdated content now, and it shouldn’t be something you have to grind for to obtain for new players, as the benefit simply doesn’t match the work required to obtain it. At least, that is my opinion!

This doesn’t affect me much since I have pathfinder, but I wanted to give my two copper supporting this!

Honestly, I think pathfinder was a bad idea from its inception (flying should be unlocked at level cap, or for free on the first content patch), but if pathfinder needs to exist it should only exist while it is current!

1 Like

I suppose Free flight is like legacy dungeons?
I can’t solo a BFA dungeon as soon as I get into SL…

I’ve always been a supporter of options.

I would support a system in which you could purchase Flight for one character at max level or you could do PF to unlock flight on all of your characters at once.

You could even do both. buy flight for one and have a different one do the achievements to unlock Pathfinder. (Obviously, any character who has purchased flight is not able to achieve the pathfinder achievement)

2 Likes

yeah it’s obnoxious, i agree…

How about we all support the system where there is no system for flying? We all just get to fly on day one of the expansion and that’s the end of the story.

yes, exactly.

haha! Sure and I get AOTC for standing in my main city… and all the BiS raid loot for WQ! :stuck_out_tongue:

:cow:

Please no.

I currently get Pathfinder for just playing the game and it unlocks account-wide. With the amount of Gold in the economy now what would flying even cost these days per toon? 100K? 250?

“I just want to be able to fly when I start a new expansion.”

“wHy DoN’t YoU jUsT bEg FoR BiS wHiLe YoU’rE aT iT”

1 Like

So many people so afraid of the “potential gold cost of flying”. Flying should be unlocked for FREE as soon as you hit max level.

1 Like

Flying at max level without pathfinder worked great for TBC, Wotlk, Cata and MoP… there was literally no reason it needed to change.

3 Likes

So what’s the actual argument against earning flying?

“Because the expansion is old and I don’t wanna.” ?

Well the primary argument is that “we should have been given flight without pathfinder to start.”

The secondary argument is that the content is old and no one wants to spend 4 weeks grinding an irrelevant reputation just so they can fly to Underbog entrance from Zuldazar to farm a mount.

I did BFA pathfinder in BFA and it was extremely tedious to do then, even when it was current… I can only imagine how awful it would be to do now when the content is irrelevant.

1 Like

LOL afraid.

You unlock Pathfinder by just playing the game. It’s brain dead easy and free and Account Wide. I’ve had flying the first day available since they added the Pathfinder mechanic.

Riding skills have always cost Gold FYI and if Blizz moved away from Pathfinder it would be no different.

As soon as the content becomes irrelevant, there’s absolutely no reason to continue having flying locked in an area. By all means have whatever requirements you need when it’s current, but as soon as the next ex pack comes out flying needs to just be unlocked. Especially since it can be a real pain to unlock on a max level character who doesn’t know anything about the zone or the characters and just wants to be able to fly around and do the quests and see the lore.

Having an innocuous group of quests that you have to search for online is not a reasonable expectation for anyone who’s just going back to see the old parts of the game.

Likewise anybody who missed an EX pack or two and is back for whatever reason? How about don’t torture them as they’re trying to level their characters and see content that they’ve never seen before?

It’s seriously no skin off your back.

It’s old content. Who cares.

3 Likes

Mission tables didn’t exist either but here we are.

Players have said before: “No one asked for this!”
and the reply from the development team was “But we asked for this so here you go”

It is part of the new-WoW I suppose.
Can it be changed back? Maybe, but unlikely. However, unlikely is not “impossible”
There’s no reason to not fight for what you believe will make the game better.

Personally, I don’t see them giving up PF anytime soon. So an option that did not remove PF but was still not pathfinder seems the best use of my energy imo.

It’s also the most time gated feature in the entire game.

Flight licenses have always been a pittance cost. It’s a non issue.

looks at classic / vanilla

1 Like

Not in TBC. Very few players had the Gold right at 70 to buy Normal flying and Normal flying was only 60% speed (the same os a non-epic Ground Mount).

The only Dailies we had at the beginning of the x-pac to make Gold were the Cooking and Fishing quests. It wasn’t until Ogri’La and then Isle of QD where you could make some nice Gold in a short time.

So what? I’ve never felt constrained by the lack of flight in recent x-pacs. By the time I’m over it Pathfinder comes out.

I appreciate why Blizz has kept us grounded at the beginning. The zones feel larger when we can’t fly. Plus, even though they haven’t been consistent with the design, there have been some great zones like Suramar that wouldn’t work with flying.

^^
Ditto
/10char

1 Like

I wouldn’t agree with that… You are able to appreciate the zones much more when you can fly.

To be devil’s advocate, say some people truly do enjoy experiencing the zones without flying…how does that justify removing flight? These anti-flyers can always just mount on their favorite ground mount instead of a flying mount.

2 Likes

Normal flying was cheap in BC. How do I know? I was a complete noob at the game and I had enough gold just vendoring the stuff I got from leveling.

Good for you. I have and have hated it.

I don’t. You’re more than welcome to experience those zones on the ground if you can muster up the willpower to stay on the ground. You can have the exact experience you want.

1 Like