I'm not buying the "meaningful choices line"

Look, If it fails it fails. At least let us play the system and see if we like it. We won’t know if it is decent or not until we played with it for awhile on live.

Like some of us like the system, and some of us don’t. No system is going to make everyone happy.

Myself, I’m tired of switching my talents up so much. So the thought of having to switch souls, switch talents, and switch covenants all the damn time is not only annoying the F out of me, but the whole well don’t do it thing. Annoys me more because im going to do the system that game provides me. So when the game limits me makes life easier.

But ffs it could or could not get change but let us at least see how it goes.

3 Likes

Do me a favor and look at the top teams in M+ for instance, let me know what that “comp” is. You’ll notice a pattern, also the highest dps consistently for certain specs/classes. If they were designed around balanced comps, their philosophy would be, bring the player not the class, but its the opposite at the moment. Its like you glaze over when you read what I have written, you’re too busy being a fan boi to realize what you’re saying isn’t whats currently happening.

2 Likes

This same line of logic was given for virtually every unpopular feature. No-flight/pathfinder, Azerite traits, launch Legion legendaries, etc.

Sometimes it works out, and players are pleasantly surprised. Too often though it happens exactly like people expect.

9 Likes

You’re right. The forced target cap also seems to be targeted to make top players play like casuals.

Becuase 10 billion abilities on each mob and intrupts and frontal abilities couldn’t stop us from pulling 10 mobs and being able to handle it all.

They couldn’t make the mobs harder cuz it would just make it harder for casuals. So they just put a target cap on

6 Likes

This is a crock of **** because they keep creating solo content.

3 Likes

Yeah, exactly. If we want to play an RPG, we need to play other games. The modern WoW game does not support these things. And while I enjoy Classic and their more RPG elements, there’s nothing in that game that is like Covenants which tie a major cosmetic choice and feature in the expansion to power.

13 Likes

Covenents aren’t meaningful.

9 Likes

It’s all about this:

http://www.memorableplaces.com/mudwimping.html

Expansions are developed 2-3 years in advance, and that includes the systems that they include such as Torghast, conduits, etc…

(Masterloot was removed a long time ago, try to keep up. We’ve been using Personal Loot for an entire expansion now!)

Nothing’s been changing on a dime, but has been discussed to death both internally and here on these forums. Just try starting a topic about guild housing.

You’re more casual than you think for not even stepping into M Nya at the end of the expansion, or is this your alt?

What you are saying is because bad players cant do well, they need to stack broken classes to beat encounters, I cant wait for shadowlands for many of those tryhards to rage because meta/fotm wont carry them as much since they cant change to be optimal anymore : )

Also nobody cares about epeen mode, blizzard does good enough balance to allow all specs to do 15-20s and mythic

No, this is what you are saying.

You can’t wait for the game to change so that lots of people who you’ve never met and never will meet will suffer.

That’s a you problem.

11 Likes

This is incorrect. They have solo content for those who enjoy it or perhaps don’t have a lot of time. But they have mostly group content. This is still very much an rpg with a ton of facets in the game to reflect that.

The problem is the people in charge butcher it because they have this mentality that they know best with taking ZERO feedback, which is what happened in BfA, which is to date the worst expansion ever released. They had this arrogant mentality and it blew up in their faces. Watching interviews it really seems Ion was humbled tremendously and he doesn’t come off as some pompous dbag who thinks he knows everything.

Last expansion they claimed they didn’t get a lot of feedback, which was complete bull. They just ignored it. They NEED to take feedback this cycle because if they deliver another garbage expansion, the game is dead.

2 Likes

No, this is what he is saying:

So once again, I’d like to thank Ralph for letting us know exactly why this trash system just isn’t going to work.

Thanks Ralph, you’re the best.

7 Likes

Nope. People will just quit.

5 Likes

A good way to avoid this would be to share your knowledge of game design with the community.

What is it that you think I want. I merely stated that I don’t believe the line they’re feeding us and gave reasons why.

Also, everyone who is part of this game has a right to an opinion.

6 Likes

The community will leave just like it did in wod and first half of bfa and legion. You have no idea how many multi year guilds have died since the end of mop.

8 Likes

adapt or leave

3 Likes

Are you kidding? There’s always some loser linking the DPS meters in LFR. Low DPS = KICK!

And I just wanted to scratch some baddies. SMH.

1 Like

Where did I say I wasn’t casual? I have raided mythic before sure, but not since the first tier. I was gonna bring that up, since people are assuming I’m an elitist who’s trying to invaladate every casual players opinion. :man_shrugging:

You didn’t include yourself in your post. In fact, the first time that you wrote the words “we” was when you began to be condescending.