I'm going to go buy a watermelon

YEAH, it’s rough. We’re paying over 1k for a 2br. Upside is there is so much to do here (when there isn’t a plague)! Where I lived before, my rent was ~600/2br. With what I make now, I could afford that on my own and it blows my mind.

I’m shy about my art so I don’t normally post it anywhere, but I’ll do it for you. https://imgur.com/a/rBJ9hLP
I rarely finish my pieces lol.

4 Likes

I get a real Wronchi Animation vibe from your art, is it a specific art style?

And thank you for being open about sharing it; it’s really good. :hugs:

I throw the frozen vodkamelon at street punks… Right?

I too just bought a watermelon from Fred Meyers. The melon looks good but can’t tell for sure until…
It cools in my refrig and my friends show up to share it with.
Watermelon is the best shared with friends and family!
Happy Summer!!!:tada::icecream::tada:

Now that is awesome!

The pool noodles (Warglaives? lol) are so cool looking! Would LOVE to see more, had I known you were this talented I’d have bugged you earlier!

1 Like

It’s just my own art style! :woman_shrugging: Thank you for the compliment! :purple_heart:

Omg!! :see_no_evil: You’re too kind!
I would do anything to play Illidan thwacking my enemies with pool noodles. He’s my HotS main lol.

1 Like

I was thinking of a different melon-related scene but nice work there!

I legit laughed out loud and I’m still smiling.
Your art is great, OP. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

An example of his work; your illidan art seemed so much like it :slight_smile:

imo illidan is the more photogenic of the stormrage bros

Paladina suggested me to treat my chickens to frozen watermelon on hot days, so I’ve been buying watermelon en masse lately

They love it, thanks for the advice Paladina

I don’t know how to get their attention with this post so I hope s/he sees it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Did you get a good watermelon Caelus? I’ve read the ones with a yellowish spot and a lot of webbing are the ripe/sweet ones.

Idk if that would get rid of the pestilence.

The Walmart where I live is nasty.

I remembered reading something about what ripe watermelons look like, but I couldn’t recall what the signs were!
Regardless, I got a good watermelon. It might be a day or 2 past its best ripeness, but it’s perfectly good watermelon.

1 Like

this sounds so cool
happy chickens tearing into watermelon
do they get into disagreements over the last tasty bits

1 Like

Dude, some fried chicken would go wit dat melon.

Myth - you get the spray bottle.
Bad elf.

2 Likes

Each one thinks the other are getting something they don’t have so they’ll try to get all up in each other’s business

If one walks away they’ll chase it and try to steal what they have, even though the whole damn watermelon is right there

1 Like

Love it.
My grandparents lived on a farm and all the kids got given chores when we went to stay with them. Younger kids got the feed chickens duty but I have no idea why.
City raised children are not equipped to deal with hens on a mission to take all the feed/fruit/whatever they are given to … I dunno hoard it or something?
Chickens are amusing and funny. I could still watch them for long stretches.

1 Like

I like having my little ones take care of them. Something about seeing them with livestock feels a little bit like going back to a certain time, it’s an itch I’m hoping to scratch more.

I’ll sit there for an unreasonable amount of time and watch the chickens strut around. It really is funny. I never realized they could express so much personality until we got them.

1 Like