I'm going to go buy a watermelon

The benefits of having a Target down the street. Why not walk to the store and walk home with a watermelon in your arms? I only hope I don’t drop it.

I will devour this watermelon as I draw WoW fanart. That is my Sunday plan.

15 Likes

What an enjoyable plan! Good luck!

4 Likes

You can make your day even more interesting by carrying it home under your shirt. :relieved:

6 Likes

there was only one Target on Staten Island, which is a bus ride away from where i lived, so instead i’d have to use the ShopRite four blocks away if it wasn’t snowing

3 Likes

But I’m wearing a crop top. :fearful:

1 Like

Well that’ll be even more interesting then. It’ll really test your creativity.

3 Likes

Hmm, why does this conjure a certain scene from Total Recall?

1 Like

Chop up that watermelon into large chunks, then put them in the freezer, for a nice frozen treat. :smile:

4 Likes

I continuously overestimate the amount of groceries I can actually carry. I’ll walk out to the Giant Food (because the Teeter is too far away) with like two bags. And I’ll have to haul back those said bags filled to the brim because I’m an idiot.

1 Like

Thank you for this update.
I was concerned you might get a regular melon instead.

1 Like

For an even better Monday buy two watermelons and a bottle of vodka. Take the second watermelon and cut a hole in the rind and pour in the vodka. Put this one in the fridge for 24 hours. I think you can figure out the rest.

9 Likes

Spike that melon first.
I recommend vodka but a nice silver tequila works well too.

Haha great minds Qamaits

6 Likes

I’d recommend taking a hiking backpack. They’ve got tons of space and you can leave your arms free for whatever else you may want (or example, unlocking a door).

Ha I use a kid’s wagon and the dog loves to ride in it too.

1 Like

I named my child Wagon. He carries all my watermelons.

4 Likes

I have a little bug out bag stuffed with odds and ends that I should start using.

Started keeping one when I was doing a lot of hiking/camping. Now I just keep it on the off chance something catastrophic happens.

I mean, I live beside DC, voted “city most likely to be nuked” for ten years now.

2 Likes

Or do WoW watermelon fanart!

12 Likes

:thinking:

I’m too scared to do that… I feel like this would be what would happen.

Go out on a walk to purchase a watermelon
Arrive to store to notice the rioters smashed the last melon…
Go home and the only thing I got while I was out was Covid.

PS.

3 Likes

I smoked a few racks of ribs while staring into the forest sipping whiskey for the majority of the afternoon.

There was my Sunday plans.

2 Likes

This seems appropriate.

1 Like