I'm disappointed by Blizzards Scalecommander favoritism

Tab targeting if a target is low for the second Mass Disintegrate helps mitigate this. Causality as a talent also lowers your CDs on empower spells, and in large AoE pulls it only takes a few Pyres to bring them back online.

Rotation starts to look like:
Fire Breath → Eternity Surge → Deep Breath → Mass Disintegrate → Pyre (if Charged Blast, else next) → Mass Disintegrate (tab targeted if no priority target) → Pyre → Pyre → Fire Breath → etc.

I believe deep breath would be first if youre not running iridescence.

Could be. I try to reserve it until just before I essence dump to get the most value from Melt Armor. It feels right, but I don’t know if it’s the most optimal.

The way I’ve been going on AoE is:
Deep Breath → Dragonrage → Fire Breath → Shattering Star → Eternity Surge → Mass Disintegrate → Charged Blast Pyre, etc.

That’s what I’ve been doing as well. Although I only open world as dev bc dps queue times are like 10/15 minutes.

Pres was already a high damage spec. This just lets them abuse the burst further because it stores (15% iirc) damage and then releases it. And pres has 2 biiiiig burst buttons. Not to mention leaping flames and living flames shooting from empowers.

havent played it yet since im offspecing it but when i do get a pres evoker there just a 4th dps

Is there a feature I’m not seeing that incentivizes Deep Breath first? I’d think you’d want maximum interaction between Melt Armor and essence dumping, and the Iridescence stacks should still be active from the empowered spells to double dip effects.

I think it has to do with the Unrelenting Siege talent.
“For each second you are in combat, Azure Strike, Living Flame, and Disintegrate deal 1% increased damage, up to 15%.”

So by the time you’ve done your Deep Breath to Eternity Surge combo, you’ve probably already got a ton of stacks for when you start Mass Disintegrating.

1 Like

its a spell you cast on cooldown with scalecommander it becomes your highest prio spell. Since dragonrage doesn’t increase damage only grants full mastery and extra essence burst there is no reason to go DR → DB. DB ->DR is superior bc you get the full value either way, although you will end up casting a DB in your cd window regardless bc of the CDR from bombardments

Heaven forbid I dialogue with other people playing the same class I am to get feedback and not just go parse in a dark corner. :roll_eyes:

You asked a question you can go verify by checking your tooltips rq lol. Dear lord.

You know what I think my phrasing for my original comment is why you think I was simply asking for what the pen and paper damage for Bombardments was. You are right and of course - I can just look at the tooltip to see the damage on an ability (never mind that zero of my abilities deal the amount of damage they say they will)

What I should have said was:
“With Pyre being uncapped AoE and Bombardments NOT being uncapped, are people seeing greater performance from using Pyre on larger pulls, or will the shear quantity of Bombardments being produced by using Mass Disintegrate outwieght it?”

1 Like

The big problem is that Flameshaper just sucks right now, so it’s making Scalecommander look great in comparison (which it is). It’s undertuned, and Engulf looks underwhelming in comparison to Mass Disintegrate or Chrono flames, and lacks a lot of survivability options that Scalecommander offers. On the Augmentation side, I prefer Chronowarden to Scalecommander by a country mile.

Gotcha.

Afaik bombardments is the typical split formula.

15% more DMG per target up to 5, then split evenly. But I haven’t tested it to verify it.

So I would just look at 5 and 10 target and do the math:

Pyre dmg * 5 * 1.41 per cast. (1.41 is just accounting for pyre repeating itself)

(Disintegrate * 3) + (Bombardments * 1.75 * 3) per mass disintegrate.

Rough napkin math off your tooltips. But also getting like 9 potential seconds off deep breath per mass.

Looks like Flameshaper is getting a 30% buff. As well as some general Evoker buffs. Not wild about Firestorm, but at least its something.

I’m disappointed that they’re probably going to just slap % bandaid fixes on classes instead of making tweaks to make the core hero specs play better.

1 Like

Engulf could use the buff. Flameshaper feels like the homeless stepchild of Evoker hero talents.

Agreed. I feel like both of the talent tree’s just play very poorly. I also hate how they’re trying to push Firestorm into being a good talent. I’m pretty sure no matter how much it gets buffed, it still wont be taken just because it’s an ability you have to place.

1 Like

Part of the reason I love evoker is that you have so few rotational buttons. I hope they stop pushing firestorm and make it a passive or something.