I'm convinced the "no world buffs" crowd literally never played this game

Who is forcing you to get WBs? Why not join or form a guild that doesn’t use them?

Most deaths in classic raids aren’t RNG, they’re caused by people being careless with their threat etc.

1 Like

If you don’t like it, don’t play it. You’re wicked smart. Your skull must look like megamind.

Yeah there’s no mechanics where a charge randomly targets a player, where a raid boss dispells, or where you get MC’d in the thick of things and just explode.

Nah, none at all.

Plus, a lot of guilds required them/wanted them even if they weren’t “good” guilds. It’s the herd mentality. Sometimes you just can’t fight it.

Not that I don’t love these lazy NO U responses. But really, your argument is just weak.

1 Like

I’m probably not going to, and I’m just fine with that. Still having lots of fun with TBC and I don’t see that changing.

The rest of you could learn something from not participating in things that you don’t enjoy.

You realize this game isn’t played in a vacuum, and it still affects the server economy?

This is one of three things that many players (based on the actual feedback they received) that players wanted modified.

If you don’t like it, you don’t have to play it. Nobody’s forcing you :wink:

1 Like

Great, so what’s your point?

It’s not the preparation that bugged me. I kinda liked the ritual too.

It’s being absolutely terrified the entire raid. What if I take a stray hit somewhere and don’t get a heal? What if I get a renew and lose my DM buff? What if I get a crusader proc at the wrong time and lose a WB due to the cap?

If I lose even 1 WB, I will lose my chances of competing at the level I want to compete at for an entire week. GG, pack it up. You’re done.

See, I like challenge. So I push myself on the parses. The raids are so braindead easy, parsing is the only real challenge I have in this game. But parsing isn’t about skill… It’s about being lucky enough to keep all your WBs for the entirety of the raid. If you lose even 1, you’re done. Skill doesn’t matter.

Now, without WBs, skill matters again! Everyone is on the same playing field.

WB meta was toxic. I’m glad they’re gone.

1 Like

I mean naxx P6 aggregate dps @90th percentile w/ WBs

War 1274
Rogue 1104
Fire mage 987
Warlock 841

w/o WBs:

War 816
Fire mage 760
Rogue 760
Warlock 635

So guess it does make them slightly more in line. Looking back at P5 though they were even closer to each other and the war stacking meta still emerged, I seriously doubt it’s going to be different this time around.

I’m terms of the debuff limit, it’s not going to change anything really. Honestly warriors may benefit the most from deep wounds usage. Corruption barely sims as a net dps increase, locks may use immolate in AQ/Naxx, SM/ruin may be closer to DS/ruin, you still need three locks for debuff curses so not many will be able to use CoA/CoD. Rogues can use deadly poison, cats can use bleeds. Overall not a huge shakeup.

Anyway that’s a long winded way of saying my original comment wasn’t necessarily directed at you, just that if people expect this to be some huge meta shakeup from classic they’re going to be sorely mistaken. I pretty much just think people don’t want to go through the hassle of collecting WBs each week, which I can understand. I mean Blizzard could have kept WBs and tuned the content to be much harder like many private servers have done in the past if people want “harder” content.

1 Like

I didn’t say there are no RNG deaths, but far more deaths are caused by player error vs. getting RNGd.

So you believe that it’s not at all possible to find a guild that doesn’t WB, even though according to these forums WBs are massively unpopular? lol.

What is stopping the anti-WB mafia on this forum from picking a server, all rolling there together, and playing without WBs?

Is it poor self control? The need to compare your parses to others? Please explain :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on this point please? What are the specific negative impacts on realm economy caused by high levels carrying their low level friends through dungeons for XP?

I’m not going to play it. I’ve already said that.

I am going to continue to give my opinion and ask hard questions that these poorly reasoning anti-WB clowns aren’t prepared to handle.

And really interrogate what is the flawed mentality that makes casual raiders, who comprise the majority of players, believe they must be slaves to “the hardcore meta” in a game that was solved 16 years ago and isn’t at all challenging.

Psychologically it’s one of the most fascinating things I’ve ever seen. You all hate WBs. The content doesn’t require WBs at all. Yet you refuse to form groups that don’t use them. Are you comparing your parses to somebody else? Are you afraid that someone else is judging you as “bad” if you don’t WB? :^)

Mostly to make a bunch of weak minded herd followers learn some critical reasoning skills and face the fact that the limitations on how they enjoy the game are 100% arbitrary and self-imposed.

1. There is so much more to the game than parsing, and the design should not be catered to players who only care about parses.

2. If you take a hit and don’t get a heal, that is usually your fault for pulling threat and your healer’s fault for not healing. For a competitive player such as yourself, this problem seems easily solved by you and your teammates playing better.

3. Parsing is highly dependent on factors outside your control, with or without WBs. If other players in your raid suck, the fight will last longer and you’ll spend a smaller % of your time with your high dmg trinkets and CDs active. There’s a lot of RNG that goes into getting a top parse too. How often do you hit, how often do you crit? If you’ve spent any real amount of time analyzing logs you realize that the players with top parses are doing the same things and the guy in 1st place just had a better raid around him and got lucky crits and no misses.

Also, parsing at all costs is a kind of dumb mentality that encourages players to play at a lower skill level (ignoring mechanics to pad meters). The worst is players who don’t use their CDs on trash because they are saving it to parse on a boss, when using it on trash would be the best thing for overall raid success. Begging your raid leader for composition choices that benefit one player’s parse instead of the overall success of the raid.

If you want to compete, there are much better metrics to use than your parse such as clear time, raid execution (fewest deaths, least damage taken to avoidable mechanics, etc). These things are far more correlated to skill and awareness than your parses ever will be.

As a guy who consistently produces pink parses, I think the community as a whole has way too much tunnel vision on it.

ALSO, WCL created an entire separate category for no-WB parses, so if pink parses are all that bring you happiness in the game, you still aren’t required to World Buff.

anyone gonna touch the fact OP was listing off WBs the warrior in the naxx video had and mentioned zanza pot and mongoose? that made me lol

why not play classic era realms that have WBs?
thanks

You’re a piece of work.

Just let people enjoy things you megamind neckbeard.

Nobody’s forcing you to play on the new season servers.

2 Likes

I’m having fun on TBC and plan to continue playing that, whether or not WBs are implemented in the new classic servers.

And you’re a slave to comparing yourself to others instead of just enjoying the game. /shrug

Just let the people who want to WB enjoy things. It doesn’t interfere with your non-WB raid in the slightest.

Nobody can force you to get WBs in a game which has them.

See how that works?

“BUT MY JERK GUILD LEADER BLAH BLAH BLAH” <— so join up with the thousands of anti-WB players on this forum and make your own guild that doesn’t use them.

Unless… could it be that thousands of you are psychologically compelled to compare yourselves to others, and you also completely lack the self control required to decide what is fun for you in the game and go pursue it for your own enjoyment? Hmmmm.

1 Like

they can. on the classic era realms.

1 Like

This comment doesn’t even make sense. Those are legacy realms stuck at endgame. If blizzard launched SoM servers with the same changes classic had this argument might make sense.

1 Like

you’re not entitled to fresh servers.
if WB raiding is so great, people would do them on classic era realms.

1 Like

What would be the problem with allow them to use WBs on the new realms?

You and the other anti-WB will get together and form your no-WB guilds, easy. How does it affect your enjoyment of the game, what someone else is doing inside their raid instance?

^ This is the question which you continue to dodge because you don’t want to admit the answers :frowning:

1 Like

If non-WB raiding is so great, people can do that on classic era realms too.

1 Like

Because people want to play fresh and move through the phases with the proper equipment? I could just as easily say “if people want to play classic they can just 20 man those raids on tbcc”, you’re just being obtuse intentionally.

2 Likes

WBs are allowed on the new realms. Just not in raid instances.