I'm convinced the "no world buffs" crowd literally never played this game

I’m convinced the “no world buffs” crowd literally never played this game.

They are all posting on their level 20 characters or on a retail character.

Why would the classic community want changes to their game made by people that have literally never even played this game?

23 Likes

Perhaps you should stick to your classic server then. I think the idea of faster classic servers without buffs is fine.

43 Likes

I’m ok with faster servers and new additions to the game. They should also add a new 40 man raid, perhaps a raid after the Naxx raid.

3 Likes

Honestly thats what i want from a classic +. QoL additions, procede in a DIFFERENT direction than BC, maybe do things theyd planned but scrapped when they went to BC.

3 Likes

The surveys went out. The people have spoken. No world buffs.
Streamers also have spoken about not wanting them including Asmongold. So not sure where your weak argument is coming from except to troll.
You got slammed in your last post so had to make another eh?

22 Likes

I played, and I like no world buffs, that meta was toxic

30 Likes

Get over it. You aren’t getting world buffs.

17 Likes

“Get over it. You aren’t getting world buffs.”

• says the boosted level 58
8 Likes

Correct. Glad you can read at the 2nd grade level.

7 Likes

Ahem. Level 36 thank you :blush:

1 Like

we the retail players know what’s best for you. for we have played the game in more iterations than you.

1 Like

Fortunately, there are plenty of us that want something more Vanilla like than the abomination that was Classic. You know that Classic is still up and running now right?

4 Likes

whats your argument for world buffs?

I’ve never seen a decent argument for them… just a bunch of UUNH world buffs are good why blizz?

1 Like

Footage exists of top guilds clearing content back in original vanilla, and even at 144p with 4:3 aspect ratio, you can clearly see no one used world buffs in raids.

5 Likes

That’s not entirely true.

A lof of guilds from time to time ( Nihilum and other guilds included ) used world buffs for naxx.

literally the first Kel’Thuzad kill to ever happen…

… the warrior is using rend buff and ZG buff and a zanza from ZG, and a mongoose potion…

and a flask of the titans and Dark Moon Fair buff…

3 Likes

it is YOU who has never played the game. i mean the real game: 15 years ago.

we did NOT have a world buff meta back then. nobody was min/max diseased enough to think “hey, we can totally abuse all the raid encounters by all of us stacking each and every world buff! won’t that be awesome??!?”

that didn’t happen back then, certainly not on a consistent enough basis to be called the meta. we would like to go back and play that way again: the way the game was meant to be played before the awful exploitative world buff meta found its way into the minds of players, mostly zoomers who only started playing because muh popular streamers advertised the game.

you had 2 years to play your stupid way. i hope you enjoyed it. now it’s our turn.

22 Likes

I did play the real game back in 2005, my horde guild killed C’thun, and most of the bosses in naxx.

You can literally see in that guild world first Kel’Thuzad kill that they used world buffs to kill Kel’Thuzad the first time also.

So that video is living evidence of people using world buffs back in 2005.

3 Likes

exceptions prove the rule.
like i said, it wasn’t meta.
only today’s awful min/max culture made such a stupid thing the expected meta for everybody. no thanks.

12 Likes

I haven’t played classic, only vanilla back in like 2004-2006 ish, but I don’t remember world buffs being a big deal back in the day, I remember there being an Onyxia buff if you were in orgrimmar or something. It was cool if you got it, but it was never a big deal… Is it the same thing in classic, or are world buffs different now? Just asking because I keep hearing about them and it would seem something is different now. Either way, I could care less if they are in the game…

1 Like

in classic you were expected to have all the world buffs for every raid (like 5 of em total), and if you didn’t you would be scolded / benched for dragging the team down. it’s an awful, toxic meta that needs to be purged. and thank god it has.

19 Likes