I'm confused why some players are upset about the instance cap

I do this some times, when I have free time and I decide I am going to farm for what ever 30 a day would be easy, like the DM lasher farms I can do 5 in 30 to 40 min, take a 20 min break rinse repeat, this is how I make my gold for things selling the grays and what not, I don’t like them treating me like a child and limiting my play, this change ONLY effects the players that are not boting and playing normally, botters will just switch accounts/servers and continue unabated, I don’t really care if you think that is an unhealthy amount of time to be playing a game or not, again I am not a freaking child stop trying to control how I play and how much I can play the game.

Will I quit over this change…:man_shrugging: Its the first time I have truly considered it. :man_shrugging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMbQDwjO98

The only players that benefit from this really are the ones that are butthurt about players making gold providing services that they themselves are not capable of providing.

1 Like

Did you read what I wrote? Cause I certainly did not say that you should bring someone who just doesn’t care at all or make an effort to get some pre-raid BiS. Of course you don’t want those players who aren’t willing to put in some effort (though if we’re honest, guilds are bringing fresh 60’s into MC and the like and they are getting geared out without a lot of pre-raid BiS, but I digress).

You said that “gear matters” in response to someone commenting about ability to farm dungeons for specific items, and I’m disagreeing that any of those items really does matter, in terms of ability to complete content. Getting that one specific item off Jed or Arena or whatever, is not going to matter.

If you’re a min-maxer, which I completely understand that many are and enjoy that aspect of it, then yes I get that it matters, but I will also argue that 30 instances a day means that even items with horrible drop rates might take a week or so (that’s 210 instances if you dedicate yourself to that for 1 week, or maybe like 205 allowing for some raid lockouts, which should be removed from the instance cap in my opinion). A week to wait to get your specific dungeon item… that’s fine. That is not remotely game-breaking or a big deal like many are making it out to be.

This is a “freedom” thing that mostly American players have an issue with. Fact is that this game belongs to Blizzard and they can indeed tell you how to play the game. They don’t even have to tell you why.

People aren’t happy about it because it’s presented as an anti-bot measure despite having no impact on bot farms that cycle servers. It quadruples their overhead time because they have to create characters on 4 servers to maintain productivity time, but overhead means nothing when their accounts have no expiration date. You’re right, it won’t impact most people, and it would be an acceptable sacrifice if it actually helped combat bots at all, but it doesn’t.

Then they should be equally upset about the already existing 5 runs per hour limit, cuz ma freedums…

ur right, we will have wow tokens, transmogs, and in game cash shops within the fortnight because of this change.

time to bust out the riot gear

because it hurts legitimate players and is largely an empty gesture towards hurting bots. A normal player on an off day can very easily hit the 30 limit doing low time investment things like arena runs, BRD aoe farms, ZF GY runs, rare scouting, or jump runs. You can very easily hit the instance lockout in well under an hour doing these. This leads to 30ish minute bursts of play followed by breaks that you can do peppered throughout the day that could lead you to hitting the artificial cap with less than 3 hours of actual gameplay.
This would all be well and good if it actually did something significant against bots but it doesnt. It just leads to bots operators buying more accounts and going on like usual which simply isnt an option for a normal player. This brings me to the worst part of this, its a completely empty change. If Blizzard wanted to ban bots they would. After all, Netease was able to do it in china the moment they started selling gold themselves via wow tokens and suddenly these gold sellers were competition. Since the technology and ability to really deal with the bot situation is there but blizzard continues to choose not to they instead move on to empty changes like this to get more sub money from gold sellers while showing to the gullible masses that they are doing ~something~ to help fix the problem and who really cares if some actual players get screwed in the crossfire. Its all worth it to make more money while not actually doing anything.

1 Like

You underestimate the power of a NEET dude… and wow classic is FULL of them

it’s not 30 completed dungeons, it’s 30 entered. there are many situations where you merely enter the dungeon (jed/UBRS fire buff/tribute buffs). farming a single item over and over can take 5 minutes. you lock out under half an hr, watch some netflix, repeat. i’ve done this many times, i’m sorry you dont, but legit players do. yes i play more than you, but why should i be punished for enjoying this game. i dont boost people, i dont bot.

just because it doesn’t affect you doesn’t mean it’s ok.

sweaty minmaxing.

Why is it such a big deal for you to answer my question before replying with one of your own?

Your “question” seems rather rhetorical

Blizzard doesn’t want people farming instances over and over in a way that could be considered exploitive, end of story

Its not like they are hindering ACTUAL legitimate play, they are hindering the .01% of mega no life economy ruining neckbeards, hardly a nerf to the whole game

And yet these same farms existed in vanilla as well.

People assume everyone was bad in the original vanilla, there were people that were not bad and knew what items were good and which ones weren’t

It’s not like the meme Vendorstrike came out in the re-release, people 15 years ago knew that weapon was garbage, just like they knew things like HoJ and SGC were BiS

Blizzard doesn’t want people farming something that was created to be farmed.

Anyone trying to farm a rare drop is totally screwed.

They need to log in every single day and do the instance to max every single day for weeks-months to hopefully get their rare drop, and intentionally slow themselves down in order to still be able to raid with their guild.
This is wretched game design.

Maybe the change is to make it more like Vanilla where feral druids were a raity in Raids. At least we never had a single Feral Druid in any of the Raid guilds I was in during Vanilla. About the only time we’d have one is when running alts though dugeons/raids that we had on farm.

It seems to me that many people say they wanted Vanilla, but then do everything in their power to make it more like retail. Some of the same people, not all by any means, have advocated for changes in other threads, but pull the No Changes card on this one.

It would, in my mind, it would have been better to start by making changes to “update” Vanilla for Classic. From what I hear, I never played on one, that is exactly what the private servers did by making Bosses more difficult to match patch 1.12 etc.

In my experience there were very few. I did know people that farmed for specific items, but over 30 dungeons a day? Could be there were a few, but I never knew a single person in game that did this in any of my Raiding guilds.

Ok and?

Thats literally the intended design

You aren’t meant to be able to farm everything you need in a few days

The game is designed to take time, its a subscription based game

Just because people became entitled to getting everything NOW NOW NOW by virtue of exploiting the game through 15 years of accumulated knowledge doesn’t mean its supposed to be that way

3 Likes

Maybe if we were playing actual vanilla, but we are playing the bastardized frankenpatch where we are already in 1.12. The version of classic we got is watered down to the extreme, so don’t tell me it is supposed to take time.

Blizzard had plenty of time to fix these “issues” before the release of Classic, they 100% knew of these “exploits” and did nothing at all to change them, that is on them not us, and we shouldn’t be punished because they couldn’t be bothered to do their job.

There are plenty of days (especially weekends) that I’ll end up playing more than 6 hours in a 24 hour period. Especially like a late night/early morning grind type thing. I work a lot during the week and I farm all my gold over the weekend. I would typically do lasher farming on my priest for many hours Friday night and then many more hours Saturday morning. This is going to very negatively impact me. I also have a raid I do on Sunday at noon. Now I have to make sure I stop farming by noon on Saturday to make sure I have a reset for the raid.