I'm confused why some players are upset about the instance cap

Plenty of people 2or3 man BRD arena for SGC. I agree not many do it for 6 hours straight but a significant number will do it in several 2 hour periods over a full day.
The same can be said about UBRS Jed resets. The same can be said about 2 man DME jump runs.

What part of ā€œThis check is across all of your characters on your realm.ā€ did you miss? If it were checked against 1 character, the change wouldnā€™t be felt at all, but all your characters on a single realm?

Hell yeah, itā€™s going to be felt.

I would be interested to see out of people who run at least 1 dungeon a day how many are currently going over 30 dungeons. And out of those how many are going over say 60 runs a day.

That middle ground between say 30-60ish would be people who might legitimately actually be running those dungeons, but I suspect thatā€™s a very small number.

It limits player behavior without stopping bots. Paying the salaries of GMs is what stops botting. Limiting dungeon instances simply changes botting behavior. So now that feral druid with a free day and ungodly discipline for repeated behavior has to stop farming for crowd pummelers after 6 hours and our servers wonā€™t be any different than they are right now, which in terms of bots and their effects, are extremely poor.

There is no real use to farming pre-BIS items at this point in the game, especially not as a priest. Any casual guild will carry you through raids to get you geared, and most items you will really need from dungeons donā€™t require 30 resets a day to get.

one of my guild warriors ran 864 instances before he got the SGC

Gratz on your guildie for being extra sweaty. All that trouble for literally a 0.8% difference over other more accessible chest pieces.

1 Like

Some people like achieving a goal like that. No need to shame them for it.

At least AQ coming out largely negates the need to run for that

Really just the MCP issue that needs to be dealt withā€¦

My man, anyone who is sweaty enough to run a dungeon for 7 days of game time to obtain an irrelevant piece of gear absolutely deserves to get shamed for still living in their momā€™s basement.

Which is fine, but if you enter into what you know will potentially be a massive grind just for the sake of doing it, well thatā€™s on you.

Given how long Classic has been out, thatā€™s not that impressive. And they donā€™t have to no life it to do it. They certainly donā€™t have to fit the stereotype you seem to want them to.

Itā€™s not just the sake of doing it. And Blizzard stepping in to slow it down even more is kind of annoying, given itā€™s not really a huge problem.

Plus, uhhā€¦ thereā€™s the r14 grind.

If you are still chasing after SGC almost a year after release knowing full well there is no point in getting it you definitely have issues letting go of things.

My warrior is level 40. I just used it as an easily identifiable example. A bigger issue Iā€™ve been made aware of (because I honestly forgot) is MCP. Which is much bigger than a 1% DPS increase for Druids, and is something they never stop farming.

Well, considering gear doesnā€™t actually matter all that much in Classic, Iā€™m not sure I agree with you. Getting that one specific item off Jed or whateverā€¦ this only matters if you are OBSESSED with min/max gameplay, which frankly is just not necessary at all in Classic. Yes, I get it, bigger numbers, more pew pew, but your comment is about gear that mattersā€¦ no one piece of gear matters that much that not being able to farm it, say, 50 times a day instead, will matter.

The MCP farm has been discussed ad nauseum. In the unlikely event that you are incredibly unlucky, this will not affect druids farming MCP. The likelihood of a druid doing 30 attempts in a row even if he is unlucky is almost null, unless ofc he is extra sweaty.

The relatively minor upgrade of SGC over alternatives in an effort vs analysis makes it primarily just for the sake of doing it over a ZOMG This must be done.

Personally, if someone isnā€™t willing to farm at least some form of pre-BiS - not specifically SGC - Iā€™d rather not bring him to a raid and give him loot, as he doesnā€™t apply the minimum level of dedication to pull his own weight.

Itā€™s not in a row. You can do something else then come back to it when it resets. Plus, as itā€™s a consumable, they want quite a few for raids. And if they want to do the farm at once, so what? Is that a bad thing? Why are they not allowed to play the way they want to, when in this case it has no impact on other players?

The fact that thereā€™s 2 AQ chests coming too (Breastplate of Annihilation and Conquerorā€™s Breastplate) should also remove SGC as an issue here.

Really just the MCP issue, but Blizzard can alleviate that with extra charges.