I'm an RDF convert

I have to admit. I’ve been wore down by the RDF crowd. I think RDF would be good for WOTLK now.

We should really consider adding RDF because the LFG tool is so broken currently and because of heroic + being a thing now.

As long as RDF is implemented in a smart way it will probably be fine.

Thoughts?

26 Likes

Beating a dead horse

Should have been in Wrath on launch day. Hasn’t happened. Doubt it will.
They’d rather lose their left nut than allow Slave Pens crossrealm.

But okay to queue for PvP & let bots run rampart. Double standards FTW.

edit: Can you imagine banning 120k bots, only to give Botters almost an entre week to recreate all the bots prior to 55 restriction. This idiocy is beyond me.

19 Likes

I did a lot of BGs over the weekend and it was abysmal. There were so many bots. I actually got depressed at the state of WOW classic.

7 Likes

The bots don’t socialize much. People complain about the lack of accountability with RDF, but, when the vast majority of players are bots, can we even hold them accountable. Bots have no feelings. They have no remorse. They queue for BGs all day. It’s all they do. It’s all they ever do.

1 Like

Nope. Never…

RDF would…“solve” the bot rants.

Many would be in the dungeons to not see them. hence less ranting lol

NGL…its why I am in the bgs on levelers. I accept the chance of getting a crap match bot loaded.

the payoff for say my 78 hunter was horde got slammed with bots 3 matches in a row. so the fastest 5 caps wins for alliance I have ever seen. And I have run comp stomps in retail…it was faster than that.

so a nice dose of 50K+ xp in record time really. it makes the matches you get the bots more tolerable. If I break even at 50/50…I am content with that.

if in lfd dungeon…I’d not see this lol. and I’d work for xp. 50K+ xp for staring at a flag is not much work really.

1 Like

The only thing that RDF does is to push WOTLK once step closer to retail and shorten it’s life time…

Well and we may get vanilla sooner … so that can be the bright side.

(FYI, before you say it, I know RDF came to original WOTLK at some point. But that’s one the reasons why game died quickly after that. It was mistake and it’s being fixed now)

2 Likes

Answer this 1 yes or no question please.

Do you think if RDF was put into the game right now it would increase dungeon participation at all levels (15-80)??

Yes or no?

2 Likes

It shot up 500K subs after release.

cata gave many reasons for people to leave. world rekt, a lacklustre villain, etc.

then MoP drama (kung fu panda or cow tow to CCP) then came (no) flying drama in wod with a sprinkle of garrison. There ending all reporting. Modern wow is quarterly reports that focus on sales, not subs.

6 Likes

No

2 Likes

Yes.

Always yes

6 Likes

It still had 5-7 million active subs years after RDF came out. You cant even believe your own bs at this point. Quickly died lmfao

9 Likes

It didn’t drop until like 3 months into Cata.

7 Likes

And even then wasnt substantial. 4-5 years after RDF released they still had maintained half of their active subscribers which was still above 6 million active subs.

During the time WoW was supposedly quickly dying you have several mmos that attempted to catch wows magic in a bottle actually dying.

This is why you cant take classic purists words seriously. Just point and laugh basically

4 Likes

Notice he didn’t answer the question?

3 Likes

Yep sure did

1 Like

What’s particularly funny
is the major sub drops can actually be tied to times when they tried to go back to older designs instead of embracing wrath design. Cata, hard heroics and merging lockouts/difficulty. WoD killing flying, when they lost so many subs they were too embarrassed to keep reporting sub count.

7 Likes

yep.

who wants to fly? back in my day we didn’t fly and we liked it. went some bitter vets of vanilla

that massive drop said…umm, lots do.

Garrison didn’t help that curve either. But that got hated more at the end that I understand it. when raid log set in hard.

Not even an RDF or even LFR issue. people jsut wanted to fly to HFC from their garrisons and not the towns.

Cna’t blame them…the 2 faction towns were laid out like butt. garrisons were better set up to move around in.

3 Likes

Thought you quit

I did. I’m just playing until Diablo IV comes out or classic FRESH. Sometimes I do a random BG in WOTLK if I’m extremely bored.