I'm an RDF convert

Its too late for that now.

yes.

and that is why we need rdf

7 Likes

Notice he disappeared and didn’t answer?

Wonder why?

2 Likes

Yes; For a little while. But then it will greatly damage the game in long run and eventually will become one of the reasons game dies. Like it did in the original.

The game died in Cata. The same school of thought that decided to put in RDF and lot of other garbage in WOTLK, did put in all those changes that came with Cata. RDF has huge conflicts with the original philosophy of the game.

Right in Cata we saw the first big decrease in subs. Cata which had a ton of changes besides RDF which much more directly contributed to people leaving.

But sure continue pretending a feature that saw subs rise over a year+ long content draught was somehow the problem.

5 Likes

This is the only part of what you said that is actually factual.

this is all opinion and feels.

More opinions.

2 Likes

read the damn thing I wrote and stop quoting half a sentence. I said

“The same school of thought that decided to put in RDF and lot of other garbage in WOTLK, did put in all those changes that came with Cata.”

It’s the way of thinking. It’s not understanding the philosophy of the original game. The designer(s) who came to the conclusion that RDF is a good feature for the game are the same designer(s) that decided to put in those changes in Cata. I can see it in the way of thinking. They didn’t truly feel the philosophy of vanilla.

yeah those are my opinions? Am I supposed to put in someone else’s opinions in my posts ?

It’s my post. It’s my opinion.

The point is your opinion doesnt matter.

The facts are RDF will increase dungeon participation and that is whats needed.

Your feelings and bias dont matter.

Not sure how having more people doing more things in the game is somehow bad for the game.

You cant speak with facts about anything.

We all are already raid logging.

3 Likes

It’s your opinion that my opinion doesn’t matter.

It doesn’t matter that my opinion matters to you personally or not. I am writing here out of obligation to have a voice for real classic players that care about this game. They are lot of us out there, but most of us don’t feel comfortable to come to forums and have a voice.

The fact that many people are raid logging is an issue. The fact that there are not lot of people leveling and doing 5man dungeons in an issue. RDF is a non-classic and wrong solution to resolve any of those issues. It may help for a little while, but eventually it will cause more damage than help.

By the way, why did you ask me a question if you think my opinion doesn’t matter?

so you dont want a living world with tons of players running around, you just want the world where YOU get to decide whats considered real classic, even though classic by definition is the restoration of something to its original state. after all, you cant put a v12 in a 65 mustang and sell it as a classic, they would arrest you for fraud.

3 Likes

Except none of the changes that damaged Cata were related to RDF at all and in fact some of them like merging10/25 man lockouts thereby making the game less accessible are directly counter to why RDF was added.

So yeah no Cata was when we saw a major design shift away from vanilla design. Which like it or not RDF(and in general wrath) is part of vanilla design. RDF is just CRBG’s but for dungeons.

4 Likes

How is RDF a non-Classic solution when it was literally in OG WotLK?

5 Likes

I asked you a question that was factual.

You chose to add your opinion.

Instead of answering the question with a “Yes” as thats the only true answer you added a bunch of fluff and nonsense to try and discredit it.

There is nothing harmful with increasing dungeon participation, it does nothing negative to the game.

2 Likes

It does damage classic. You can’t see it. Because you don’t think classic.

You can think anyway you want. And support anything you want. So do I. You advocating RDF and I keep fighting it. Hopefully Blizzard will keep their stand on this one. Bye.

It was a mistake in original WOTLK, like many other mistakes they mad in the design of that expansion. It’s being fixed now.

1 Like

Hopefully.

They are doing a great job killing their game.

Nice empty world.

Nice empty leveling dungeons.

Youre too blind to see that the game is already dead and dying without RDF.

Youre fighting to save your dead game.

10 Likes

The game is sick, but not because of lack of RDF. The game is sick because WOTLK has fundamental issues. It took a while in original game for those issues to become obvious. But everything’s faster these days.

Keeping RDF out was one positive step. Is that enough? No it’s not. But I don’t want to believe there is no way to fix the mistakes that’s been made before.

I made an extensive response in another thread which I covered some of those fundamental issues. Please read that it may help.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/opinion-of-a-casual/1555270/50

You are on drugs if you think limiting content is a good thing.

Creating a game with 0 replayability because people simply wont level alts is BAD for the game no matter how you spin it.

You havent even said WHY rdf is bad.

10 Likes

The most popular expansion ever was full of mistakes? The only mistake is Blizzard thinking they can do better now. All they had to do was release WotLK as it was, sit back, and collect our money.

11 Likes