I'm a Solo Player in your MMo, No I won't go play Skyrim

Personally don’t take blues too seriously. For me it’s hard when they’ve lied too many times.

Exactly, these posts that are being linked are post LFR. They have been making excuses for LFR’s existence since it’s inception.

Straw man. I’ve said many times that I don’t want raids removed I just want casual players to be given a progression path. Get over it, you lost a debate on the internet.

Certainly the present trend, but in terms of authority who can refute the statement? If there’s a more credible source I would accede the point.

2 Likes

How is this a straw man? This is exactly what you are proposing by giving players a solo means to get the best gear. It would destroy raiding. Yes, a lot of people just raid for loot, nothing wrong with incentives.

I still don’t get what you want. You have access to all the content now on a level that requires barely any interaction with others.

I can only speak from personal experience on a few of the lies they’ve told. And some of them don’t even require a credible source. It’s just them saying they’re doing 1 thing and then it being something else

If you review my posts you’ll see I think high end raiders should receive the best PvE gear. Again, straw man.
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent’s real argument.

EDIT: My point is that casual players should be given a path for progression because they represent a significant portion of the players.

1 Like

Let’s see:
Lfr - Not solo content
LFD -Still not solo content
Solo queue BGs - Again, not really solo content
WQs- There you go, halfway through your list of things we have to do solo is the first solo activity!
Professions- Iffy, Legion was horrible, and BFA has a few things stuck in there, but mostly solo
Story Content - You mean the thing a lot of us are complaining about because it’s being locked behind the small group instanced content?

I mean, really, this is an MMO, about being out in a world with tons of people, it’s not a lobby multiplayer game like warframe or Dauntless where you’ve got a few areas where you can mingle with larger crowds, but actually playing the game is about being in your own little instance with 3-5 (or 24 or so) other players and not having to interact with anyone else.

4 Likes

Exactly:

In real life I’m also solo, though I could hang out with… what… 7.5 billion people? it is just a choice sometimes.

I’m also interfacing with you people, who may or may not be computer AI. I have no way of knowing! For all I know, for the last 14 years I could have been doing this alone as some kind of government AI experiment.

2 Likes

So you want to the game to fundamentally change it’s core design that is has been the last 15 years because you want to play a single player RPG online? Got it!

This is so vague though. What type of content would you want to see? As it stands right now, players can achieve decently high ilevels without having to do group content. Is it a merely a gear thing, or do you want exclusive solo content? Also, all the content, like I said above is super accessible to almost any type of gamer. Blizzard has already made the game very accessible for solo type players.

I’m not trying to be mean here, but I think a lot of you are just describing a single player RPG game when you ask for this type of game play.

WoW has always been a group focused game since 2004. Most of their content has always revolved around raiding, dungeons and group Pvp. Trying to change that now after 15 years just ain’t going to happen/

1 Like

Nah, that’s what you’re after. I want the stuff I’ve always been able to do on my own either because I was tired of doing dungeons for the day, or after my guild left to still be do able on my own.

Let profession stay with the model that there are important raid things in raids but don’t go back to the needing to run mutiple dungeons and a raid or so just to be able to max out the skill like they did in Legion.

Move away from the nonsense they introduced in Legion where zone questing achievements were tied in to a dungeon, just go back to letting us finish that and have a lead in to the dungeon at the end like the way it happened in the whole of the history of the game up until that point. Same with raids, stick in a feeder quest to go do it, but don’t have it required for the storyline to finish up, hell, I don’t mind stuff like the cat from Suramar having required a raid boss to get that since if I remember right it came after the achievement finished.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I don’t want to take away from your game play.

@Raistmajere and @ Tarrok just go play ESO. I’m telling you this is the MMO you are looking for. I love it, because it is basically has all the things you guys mentioned above in the game.

Again, I’m not against solo style MMOs, it just ain’t going to happen here. Raiding and dungeons has always been this game’s bread and butter content.

You should probably go to Dauntlesss, that really seems more your flavor. Ignore most of the wide world around the game and just sit in a city until your group pops.

I’m not against small group instanced content, but it’s never been the entirety of the game’s content.

4 Likes

I’ve provided evidence of this. I have almost 50k HKs on this character alone, I also don’t have issue with joining groups but the game removed a lot of what I enjoyed in groups.

2 Likes

Dude…
Seriously, take it from someone who has been in this game since the very begining.
If WoW had stayed the core of classic for all this years this game would not exist anymore, simple as that.
Also… as I said before, I dont raid anymore but I really like the mythic race for world first.
No one is asking here to nerf raids or destroy dungeons.
As Raist is saying over and over, ppl are just giving sugestions to evolve.
The manapearl you said you dont like, I do. Is your opinion about it more or less important them mine? Not at all, its just a different opinion.

3 Likes

We need to support players even if their play style is not our own, it is how the game will survive. I support raids even if I stopped doing them. I support pet battles even though I’ve never run them. I support solo players even though a lot of my career was tanking and healing dungeons and running random BGs.

4 Likes

Perfect!
All the flavours this game have are not (or should not be) factions in a never ending war like Horde VS Alliance.
We all should support all kinds of things.

2 Likes

Um, I never advocated for this type of game play. I’m a staunch Classic supporter too. I just realize what type of game WoW has always been.
A raid focused MMO that always had instanced content as it’s main game play.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that what Benthic gear (and pearls) are?

1 Like