Illidan's story vs Sylvanas' story

This is literally what I’ve been saying, only that it needed to be done far earlier, longer, and expanded upon. People need to stop snipping singular lines of posts and actually read.

3 Likes

Then why are you saying she lacked accountability when that is the entire point of multiple cinematics? I’ve read your entire freaking posts and I’m confused because they are contradictory.

She was saying she was accountable but the story was making a thousand excuses why it really wasn’t her fault and the punishment really require her to still live. They could have just killed her and have her soul do the labour in the maw.
Same thing. At least by the end of it she is still stuck in there.

And obviously her followers which is the entire Horde were never held accountable. Did you watch all these shadowlands and cinematics and thing “Wow justice was really done for these heinous crimes”

A discussion of justice would make sense, but that’s not what was said.
The literal phrasing used was that Sylvanas lacked accountability.

hells this never even happened because people still hold to the idea that their was a good/evil Sylvanas split that didn’t exist.

When I watched the cinematics thats how it felt to me. A character that I think is but the story is trying SO HARD to say isn’t really guilty but she such a gem that she still takes the blame anyway.

Yeah I didn’t vibe with it but thats just my interpretation.

Yeah but thats just people and their subjective opinions no?
If Blizzard didn’t want to make excuses for Sylvanas we would never have the split soul thing, we would never have the moral conflicts at the literal 11th hour of all her BS going back a decade. It felt forced and thats probably why everyone laughed at “I will never serve” line

2 Likes

Sylvanas has been evil at least on the level of “entirely self-serving and exists for vengeance” since the beginning. The morally grey aspect, the target of her vengeance, was taken away in Wrath, and that left us with an entirely self-serving, cruel, lying despot for Cata whose sole claim to sympathy was Garrosh telling her she couldn’t use her evil plague of undeath 2.0 she’d worked so hard on, that big bully, and what’s more she had to prove capable of waging a war without it (her response was to refuse to try while lying about it).

That’s the one Twitteroth will now tell you was done dirty by BFA. The dumb lines people parrot to try to absolve her now aren’t so different from 12 years ago.

Reminder that Edge of Night already shows the effect of the Forsaken fighting a fair war.

3 Likes

Edge of Night shows Forsaken taking bullets to the head, falling forty feet, and getting up. The val’kyr visions were always only a potential future, and now more than ever are framed as likely deceptive.

But Sylvanas would be operating under the belief that they were true. That fighting fairly means the death of every Forsaken.

2 Likes

The death of her bulwark against her fate. Let’s not pretend she felt anything but disgust for the ones not named Nathanos.

1 Like

A dead shield is a useless shield, a thriving state is a powerful shield.
Let’s not pretend that selfishness makes her unable to be a leader.

1 Like

IIRC, she was already dead-dead by that point with the val’kyr trying to convince her not to stay in the maw.

1 Like

It wasn’t really understood as the Maw back then, but yeah, she was in some kind of a purgatory after committing Sudoku, altogether abandoning the state she’d built.

It makes her liable to simply choose to stop being a leader and leave the state at the mercy of enemies, as she has done multiple times.

Why is it brilliant to stick one side of a playable game, who are not supposed to be “the bad guys,” with a(nother) war crime?

3 Likes

I love this autocorrect.

2 Likes

That was intentional.

2 Likes

if shadowlands isnt canon how did sylvanas die

Her health reached 0

… or 45%?!

In my own little world, Moon-Juice Mama Tyrande popped her head off like a cork when she had her in that chokehold during their weird Dragon Ball Z fight.

… If only.

2 Likes