Ignoring Posters

Or Blizzard could stop political postings since this is a video game forum and not some place to see the views of people that spent $150,000 that they will never pay back to spend 4 years getting dumber.

2 Likes

Personally I really am.

2 Likes

This has so many varying meanings, to it.

Some (not all) may think I

Because I don’t raid nor have a capped character. But, there’s so much more to this game than just raiding and hitting max level.

I, purposefully, stop my XP, to enjoy Chromie Time.

We’re all allowed to have our own opinion, to make our own gameplay more interesting.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try and be a better person and always be nice to you so I don’t end up on your ignore list.

1 Like

Does it work for phone browsers though?

Good question!

Good question and I have no idea if it works for phone browsers or not. I don’t really use mine to do internet things so have not even looked into it.

I see.

Welp, still a need for in house thread ignore features then!

They seem to think they are above the rules and can sling insults whenever they want. To be fair, the moderators have been allowing the infractions to go unchecked.

If someone in my area were to call me “phobic” of any kind, I would sue them for defamation of character. Here, it’s just another Thursday I guess.:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I honestly could care less about people having different opinions than me. I like having conversations with people about why our opinions differ. I’m just so sick of the blatant trolling and this need to be absolutely vicious with others completely unprovoked.

I’m not going to interact with you if you’re going to be needlessly rude. Sorry you’re not entitled to my attention.

4 Likes

I click on topics I want to read about.
Issue is not the topic at hand.
They also click and with several alts.
As do they… and disrupt the good thread with … Trash.

2 Likes

I’m usually talking to myself and 2 other people so if I ignore anyone I’ll have no one else to talk to and that’s not fun

Just like the person you are responding to.

1 Like

Ugh really…lol.

Anyway I wish everyone the best.

Ya these are their words…

The forums provide entertainment while camping sha of anger, and when the mount doesn’t drop and I’m in a bad mood, it’s easy to start a major fight here that will last 4 days and cause dozens of people to mute and ignore each other just by saying something like: “Dude, just calm down!”
That was the poster you said.

Back on ignore…

this is not true

you can easily avoid/shun almost anyone you don’t like in the real world

it is literally why people are generally far less toxic in real world discussions - you aren’t anonymous and you will receive consequences for what you are saying, both positive and negative

online communities, such as many wow players, have normalized toxic behavior to such a degree that they believe it should never change and everyone just needs thicker skin - but this is really only enabled by anonymity and lack of consequences

moderation is extremely important in online communities, if you are trying to avoid alienating huge chunks of online players who simply have better things to do with their time and better communities in which to participate

3 Likes

I assure you, I wasn’t joking, but out of curiosity… why did you think I was? Isn’t it obvious from my wording that I was completely serious? In any event, no, I wasn’t joking.

Yes I’m well aware. My last thread was reported as spam but got restored. So obviously false-flagging is a serious issue and the mods needs to crack down on those who do. It’s not a disagree button.

1 Like

In the real world we just call this social ostracism. It works very well.

2 Likes

Odd then why do you post topics that are already being covered? Why is it specifically three posters targeting the LGBTQ? And yes, you are targeting when you label everyone phobic who disagrees. It’s how language works.

I never flag you, generally by the time I see them people have done it already. But I feel that you are playing with a hole in the system. Some threads if deleted will get a public outcry, let’s call that a “protected class”. I and as I am reading here and a lot of others, are noticing the trend, since it’s so obvious now.

What so many want is for that “protected spam” to stop.

Spam belongs in a can, not on the forums for a TLDR to make it easier on you to understand.

4 Likes

Free Cogshanks Blizzard.

2 Likes