Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

Yes there is a difference! Anyone can play a RPG.

A MMORPG is designed to be played with massive amounts of people.

You have been educated. :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

You realize thereā€™s RPG in both, right?

Actually that isnā€™t fully correct. MMoRPGs do not have to be designed to be played with massive amounts of people. It just has to be a game which supports massive amounts of people within the same world. It doesnā€™t have to be designed in a way which enforces interaction.

1 Like

Not the same interactions or design!

A MMORPG is not designed the same as a RPG or as an action RPG. Big differences! That is like saying GW2 a MMO is the same as WoW the MMORPG.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

I would like very much for you to get the systems you are fighting for, and even more on top of that. Sometimes the only way people learn is by getting exactly what they claim to want.

Just wish I didnā€™t have to get it too.

1 Like

That is why I am advocating for this to launch as it is currently presented. That is the only way we will see a new dev team so WoW can return to its MMORPG roots. :thinking:

Alex Jones, everyone. Barbershops are engendering the masses, drinking water gives you magic powers, and MMORPG is different than MMORPG.

Good post. +1

You are a valued member of the WoW community and your achivement score backs it up. Let me add that it is easier to prune when you have something to work with.

I think the illusion shattered for many players regarding the borrowed power systems with BFA prepatch. This is because Blizz had a golden opportunity to make specs whole by working many artifact weapon traits and talents into the specs to make them flow better. When Blizz did not do that what happened? Even those players that were pro pruning or on the fence about it started to go against the concept of borrowed power and continued pruning.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

Absolutely. First choice would be to see it fixed before launch. Failing that, let it fly.

Ion has shown that he and his team will only let the game be enjoyable in spite of their design, not because of it.

1 Like

Did you know that 83% of statistics are made up on the spot?

It is almost August and they had the gall to call beta ā€œfeature completeā€ when most classes and specs are incomplete (eg Rogues).

They started raid and dungeon testing when most of their layered borrowed power systems were not fully put into place which is an indication that it is going to be a repeat of BFA.

The testing in beta is basically a ghost town with less than 60 players on a server.

What Blizz calls beta is effectively still an alpha but Blizz knows how to twist words to confuse the newcomers. However, as veteran players we know that for something to truly be feature complete and ready for beta that classes have to be complete.

:thinking:

1 Like

It wasnā€™t a statistic. It was a guess at the numbers some of which based on actual numbers based on completion of specific events. Then calculated in a little give or take based on the community split. I didnā€™t hardline say it was 40% on both sides, I said it was an assumption. So how does what you said apply to my statement at all?

Answer: It doesnā€™t.

#PullTheRipcord

2 Likes

Maybe if they hadnā€™t chosen to layer on system after unbalanced system theyā€™d have had more resources available to work on classes? :man_shrugging:

And this is totally done by choice. Nobody is holding a gun to Ion and Coā€™s head and forcing them to do this stuff. Hence the reason why they should be allowed to enjoy the consequences of their choices.

1 Like

You can tell that they are falling behind.

They are behind not only on class and spec design but also the layered rental systems like soul binds, conduits, torghast abilities, and legendaries. Many donā€™t work that are in beta and many are also not in beta yet for testing.

And they have to rework how abilities are handed out for leveling for classes and specs. And make sure that gold distribution is fair for leveling players with level squish. And make sure the universal scaling works, etc.

Blizz made the choices to tackle all this on their own. They will definitely have to live with such consequences once the dust settles at launch.

4 Likes

What? Nice try, Alex Jones. Blizzards been doing that for fifteen years.

And they have become worse at it over time because they are now too focused on borrowed power systems.

• Anima Power
  • Torghast abilities
  • Soul Blinds + conduits
  • Covenant signature abilities
  • legendaries

Even the mighty Blizzard is buckling because of the rental systems bloat for expansion launch.

Blizz will eventually listen to the player by bending the knee. Just watch!

Yep. As Iā€™ve said Iā€™d rather they fix it because, well, I like WoW and itā€™s one of my hobbies. A bunch of newcomers squatting in the house that more talented people built hasnā€™t changed that.

I just donā€™t think it will be fixed, because the current team doesnā€™t seem to think they are wrong. Since thatā€™s the case, the next best thing is to let them get exactly what theyā€™re bull-rushing towards.

2 Likes

I agree with this point. Welcome to the forums and welcome to being a valued member of the WoW community.

Pulling the rip cord makes logical sense in the face of Battle for Abilities spectacular failure.

We could see from alpha/beta of BFA that Azerite armor was not going to work for launch. I am going to say that covenant system is worse than azerite armor if it launches as it is currently presented. But it would make me happy to see another bad launch because it means new devs will come into the fold. It is a bittersweet feeling to see the AAA MMORPG giant like WoW stumble twice but a necessary step for WoW to return to its MMORPG roots.

1 Like

Torghast is the new Mage Tower. I have no idea why youā€™re lumping that in with everything else, including Covenant Signature abilities and Legendaries.

The only things that are ā€˜complexā€™ are the Soul Binds and Conduits; which are so robust that the frivolous whining about a single ability is hilarious.