Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

Players when presented with choices will always choose what is easiest even if it leads to homogenization. Even if it is damaging to the game. They will tell you they want challenge yet time, after time. after time. They will always make the choice to make things easier. Ignore them, they don’t know what they want.

99 Likes

I add my voice to this.

I look forward to exploring and building each of my characters’ identity further within your Covenants system.

#Ignoretheripcord

31 Likes

At this point more threads on the subject seem pointless. Blizzard is determined to try the system, and both sides have dug their heels in and will remain completely unconvinced by the arguments of the other side.

All I really want is if Blizzard decides to cut the system, that they’ve at least made a few attempts at improvement first rather than throwing it out at the first sign of problems.

12 Likes

They’ll pull the rip cord in 9.2 or 9.3…because they were “listening to the player base”

23 Likes

Bad idea, you know what happens when a parent listens to their child after they throw a tantrum? Yeah, that is what is going on here.

17 Likes

#PullTheRipcord

Avoid BfA 2.0!

33 Likes

borrowed power is bad game design. Restricting that borrowed power is worse.

35 Likes

Players have legitimate concerns. It is not clear at this point whether the covenant system would be an improvement to the game for any demographic that plays the game in any way. Your claims that modifying it would “damage” the game have no basis.

People actually do know what they want. They want to be able to play the same content they have been playing for like ever, unrestricted by arbitrary limitations that seem to have been created to punish people who play more than one spec, or more than one type of content.

Shadowlands has been designed around a system that will negatively affect everyone who plays the game, as opposed to those who buy, log in a few times, and then move on as their chosen style of gameplay. People who don’t play the game at all seem to be strong supporters. How exactly does that work?

And in any case, if it fails (and by “if” I mean “when”) it will result in a large fallout of players. Loss of a large number of paying customers is the definition of failure.

22 Likes

Oh you mean the exact same thing raiders and M+ players would do if their playstyle was deleted from the game or ignored? People playing less isn’t an effective argument. It ignores the reason.

4 Likes

Posting once again. Even the Blizzard brown nosers are saying it isn’t going to work:

13 Likes

Anyone who plays multiple forms of content knows this isn’t going to work xD

17 Likes

The only actual neutral streamer/youtuber agrees with this system. Those people you linked are only brown nosers when it benefits them. They have agendas.

5 Likes

Hahahaha, that’s hilarious.

3 Likes

Like BFA, if they wait till then it will be too late. But that is a favorable outcome from my view because it means new dev team would be coming in. :thinking:

4 Likes

What you said makes no sense whatever.

There are players who buy every game that comes out, log in for a bit, then move on to the next game. These are the only ones who will be unaffected by punitive changes that seem to be designed to make the control freak demographic happy.

But not just any control freak demographic, since there are actually a great many players already who play only parts of the game, and think everybody else is playing the game wrong and should be forced to comply with their own personal restrictions.

Everyone who actually plays the game for any period of time will hit the wall.

Why you think a massive loss of subscribers that would turn the game from the biggest in the genre into a small game with a cult following would be an improvement is beyond me. But you don’t actually play, so there’s that.

5 Likes

#Pulltheripcord

6 Likes

I’m with you OP. I think things will be fine. We’ll be killing raid bosses and clearing dungeons regardless of what happens. Heavens forbid we can’t be 100% optimal at all times. I look forward to real RPG style choices coming back to the game.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t listen to them on ANYTHING. Almost as annoying as Bellular.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t either but that’s irrelevant to the point I am making.

4 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes