Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

That’s a bit of a relief. Pathfinder was one of the reasons I didn’t bother coming back to BFA. I still don’t know if I’ll play Shadowlands, but at least that is a positive.

They said I didn’t unlock allied races, when I clearly did. Hence they was wrong.

This is a very clear “umad?” situation.

3 Likes

Just saying you make as much sense as the other barn animal:

BFA was just horrible for the most part, spent alot of time in FFXIV and Classic.

Shadowlands is looking alot better. Unpruning is looking amazing. The only thing that worries people is covenant abilities not being freely chosen from and Soulbind Conduits.

1 Like

Hear that? That means any professional sport is not actually competitive.

2 Likes

You also posted on a character that somehow has more achievement points at level 20 than your 93. Which is also hilarious that you hid you account, but that one still showed.

hmm…

2 Likes

Sometimes the achievements are wrong. So I looked at your mounts. You do not have the hyena mount for unlocking Vulpera, or any other allied race mount.

1 Like

He posted on a separate account. Proof was when he hid his account but that one still showed up.

Yeah all my characters are that way. It’s weird. Each one has different achievements.

Well looking at your reps. You only have Nightborne at exalted for legion rep thats a potential allied race. And nothing for BfA.

However achievements can be wrong, and looking at your collections which are account wide…

This. No allied race mounts.

But i do, I just showed you I do. So it’s wrong. I have all but the human dude, and the mechagnome unlocked.

Hey Dex, don’t mind me, just passing through!

/hugs

1 Like

Fairly sure we do. Talking about harming the game while ignoring the actual game play ramifications of covenants and soulbinds? Especially to people who do different content or want to play more then one spec?

4 Likes

Professional sports is the diametric opposite of ‘E-Sports’. If you really think that ‘E-Professionals’ are comparable to the real things… I can see why you’re so ‘skilled’ at the game.

Profiles are displayed on a per-character basis. So I could hide my profile on this character, but if I were to post on another character, their profile would be visible.

He posted on a newly created character that had more achievements than his 93.

So is chess not a competitive sport?

So…

I’ve been avoiding these threads for a reason. I’m not a content pusher. I’m a long time WoW player though. The last time I pushed content was in Wrath. With all that armory checking BS outta the way…

I have legit concerns about covenants and the borrowed power model, in general.

Let’s take BfA as the example. I tried the player-choice model for awhile on my survival hunter. I’d pick talents and traits that were good for how I played (or what I thought were good). I could do all the things I wanted to, for the most part. However…

My brother has been pushing keys and heroic raids and got me interested in what it would take to “make the cut”. (Or be a valued member of the team)

Turns out my azerite gear was a lot wrong. Turns out my talents were mostly ok. And it turns out my stat priorities were a little whack. Oh. And let’s not forget those essence slots! Yeah, I had to fix a couple. I haven’t even touched corruptions yet.

I’m still not pushing content but what happened? My survival hunter is significantly better to play. More fun (as I chew through more mobs, faster), more resilient to death, and doing much MUCH better on dps charts.

Here in lies the problem with balance and borrowed power systems. If I can make a “meaningful” choice but it results in a less-than-desirable outcome - then these choices and systems are not equitable or scaled - they are random mish-mash. In my example - I didn’t realize my choices were suboptimal and detrimental to gameplay. I found out because I used a guide and tweaked a bit. And once I did my toon was MUCH better off and my play style was only improved!

If these choices allow for differentiated gameplay BUT result in similar outcomes (albeit with variations) - then it would be much more desirable to me.

Unfortunately I don’t see how Blizzard is going to do right on this one. I am concerned it’s another scattershot attempt without careful consideration for a set of equally desirable outcomes.

I want to believe in player agency and fun… but the current delta between an uninformed setup and a guided one is huge. And if you look at previous examples to predict future behavior… let’s just say I have concerns.

2 Likes

Collections don’t lie, you don’t have the Mechagon Mechanostrider. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/nordrassil/dexterworgen/collections/mounts

Also my Dwarf which has only been around for 3 weeks now has my collections showing: