Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

I’m not dictating anything, just pointing out how the most skilled people in WoW are so fantastically gobsmacked when it comes to thinking outside of a calculator that they–for real–need Blizzard to give them all the answers.

I thought ‘skilled’ players could work with what they have and not beg farmer Ion for more troughs to feed in.

But even the strongest abilities have drawbacks. Drawbacks that can be overcome by allowing the ‘cutting-edge player’ to simply choose another ability from the binder.

I mean as nice as it would be having all classes and professions on 1 character in FFXIV (it would make me not be an altaholic). That’s just not how WoW is.

I would reason Covenant abilities should be treated like a spec or talent row where you should be able to swap freely in a rest area where it affects your combat gameplay like talents do.

What makes Covenant and Class abilities different is Covenant abilities feel like a talent row option. Classes are always different where each has a different identity and each spec builds upon that class identity.

Covenant abilities are just 1 ability, its not a class on its own where you have dozens of abilities. We pick our class(s) and specs of those classes becase we enjoy it.

I want to pick my covenant because I want to join it for the cosmetics and aesthetics and its story. That is my player choice.

However I don’t want to be forced into a covenant or the covenant ability to force me into a spec of a class I don’t like because its the best or the covenant I want to join has the worst for my class and/or spec.

For example, this mage I am posting on right now I want to join the Necrolords for the aesthetics, I’ve always loved Wrath. Right now the Necrolord covenant ability is great for fire spec, but is horrible for frost and bad for arcane. If I wanted to be frost or arcane in Shadowlands because fire somehow gets slaughtered and unplayable, I would have to chose a different covenant for a more competitively viable ability for Raiding and M+.

If covenant abilities were de-coupled from covenants and their own talent row (and could be used as a talent row past the expansion as a 8th talent row) I can still play the covenant I want to for its campaign and cosmetics and not sacrifice my dps in M+ and Raids.

3 Likes

Would love to go back to when talents had a cost, and you was only allowed one spec to be saved. This load out system is garbage. Bring back the old one :frowning:

Some people will, but the majority will just pick whatever the meta is. Just like the majority always has. In the beta, there is a room where you pick your covenant. It is FULL of people spamming in /say “What covenant is best for x class/spec.” This is in the BETA, where it literally takes 1 min to just make another max level toon and pick a different covenant. People are ignorant if they think it will be different on live.

What???

Keeping Covenants hard to swap will only push the top players further up and the middling players further down.
It won’t magically change peoples outlook on things.

What will happen is many people will make the least bad choice for all content they do rather than the choices they want for each thing they do.

Nobody asked for you to worry about their skill nor did they ask for your opinion on it. If you want to focus on spmebody’s skill when you read their feedback, that’s your choice. I’ll do it with you, too, and assume your lack of when I read your awful thoughts on the game.

Skilled players will have a better understanding of what will and won’t work. It’s on you if that triggers you.

2 Likes

Ya no thanks. I like to play Unholy for example for M+ and raiding, but I prefer Frost for PvP. Not to mention I also tank.

Also not to mention people already capping out Azerite Reforging and Blizzard admitting Reforging cost was a bad idea.

EDIT: just was checking my gold expenditures, and across all my characters I’ve spent nearly 1 million gold on azerite reforging.

Not in the way you think, which is why they are trying another approach with Covenants making you have to do a rep grind of sorts for it.

Classic is that way chief. Also swapping specs/talents in Classic was 50g max. So you pick 1 herb and you can change twice even at max cost. If changing covenants in SL will be that easy then there is no problem here, but it’s sounding like it won’t be that easy.

Think there’s more in the idc camp than both.

1 Like

Except this isn’t a competitive game, so ‘skilled players’ is effectively meaningless unless you’re talking about the number-fondling heights of Mythic Raids and +20-22 ish Keys.

But even then I wouldn’t bother because Mythic Raiding is a minigame and Mythic + is infinite scaling.

So what you’re saying is that Blizzard should never change anything because they need to cater to people who liked the original idea.

Awesome, so does Classic also have Death Knights, Demon Hunters, allied races, transmogs, and new content?

Yes, because skill does not exist outside of competition

Boy I feel bad for your employer.

4 Likes

That’s where I’m at with them, the hard choice for me is picking a class to main nevermind a covenant.

1 Like

No, but looking at your profile you don’t do any of this anyways.

2 Likes

Ya… the community hates rep grinds. Thats why there will not be any rep grinds for flying in Shadowlands.

And also spent nearly 1 million gold on Azerite Reforging this expansion…

But ya that design is good for Classic/TBC/Wrath because thats how it was back then, plus respec cap was 50g not well over 10k gold.

Then apparently profiles can be deceiving.

Mythic + invitational
Arena tournaments
World first races.

You’re done here. Stop embarrassing yourself.

6 Likes

Transmog breaks my immersion why can you wear something if you arent actually wearing it WAHHH MUH RPGGGGG

2 Likes