Ignore feature?

You’re a god! Thank you ever so much. Totally did the trick. throws flowers :kissing_heart:

There might be. You can mute someone. I’m not sure if its the same as the old Ignore.
-Click your icon in the upper right corner and click the Settings sprocket in the dropdown. That should show your Summary page
-Click Preferences
-Click Notifications
-At the bottom is a Mute User entry box.

EDIT: Doesn’t work the same as ignore… :frowning_face:

1 Like

Can I assume this is verification that it works

1 Like

Look at you go! Have a like! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I don’t see the bell on mobile :frowning:

Follow @ Raicolette’s advice instead. Her idea works.

1 Like

Unfortunately Discourse does not support ignoring users. You can mute threads or even entire categories but not other users. This is one of the biggest problems with the software, IMO. (I admin a medium-size Discourse board myself.)

2 Likes

It sometimes is a bell, or an eye, or some other shape, but it’s next to the timeline. As it happens, doesn’t matter because you can set individual players to “mute” in your personal preferences ! :slight_smile:

I wish it was an easy click on the portrait and a click on “mute”, however! :frowning:

Where is that, exactly? I see where to mute categories, but not users.

Follow these instructions.
You’ll have to click on your profile settings, by the way.

1 Like

THIS.

Thanks for digging this information up.

1 Like

Ahhh-- that is notifications only. You still see their posts.

Here. I’ll try to mute you. Is that fine? I just want to try it out.

Edit: Yeah. Looks like you’re right! Dang it!

1 Like

Yes, you can ignore people’s posts and threads by just ignoring them but using the ignore feature for someone like wariya, snowfox, etc is the same to me as using adblock to avoid irrelevant spam.

1 Like

On mobile do:

• Tap on your character portrait at the top right
  • Tap the gear icon, named preferences
  • Scroll down a bit and look for a drop down box
    - The box is above the Blizzard Account Management link and your Username
  • Tap on the drop down box and go to “Preferences”
  • Another drop down will appear underneath that, it should default you to “Notifications”
  • Scroll down a bit and you’ll see a Users category and then a box.
    - Type the username into that box
    - EDIT: You may need to type the character’s realm name as well. I don’t know if you will or not, you’ll have to try it.
1 Like

Yeah. Discourse doesn’t support it. It’s like a doctrinal thing from the founder, a guy named Jeff Atwood. He doesn’t believe in it.

@Raicolette: Again, that is only notifications. You’ll still see their posts in threads, you just won’t get notifications about them-- the little number above your head in the top right.

1 Like

He doesn’t believe in being able to mute others? What a strange notion. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

He thinks it’s contrary to promoting conversations, because it’s a nuclear option. Everybody disagrees with him, but it’s his software so what he says goes.

There was some talk about muting a user for X days, and not allowing a permanent mute, but it never made it into Discourse.

1 Like

If you go to your profile, notifications section; you can “Mute” people there.

1 Like