Ignore feature?

Yeah, can still see their posts. It is for notifications only. This is depressing, as the forums were much nicer not seeing certain posters. :sob:

3 Likes

Like Slant has stated a few times, it only mutes their notifications. You can still see the person’s posts.

1 Like

An ignore feature is greatly needed. Ignore the user not the post situations do pop up every now and then.

4 Likes

For the record, ignoring other players is a good thing as sometimes there’s just that one person you would probably reply to sarcastically or pick a fight with. Best to toss them in the bin and forget about them.

8 Likes

I love tossing people in bins! I support this!

3 Likes

Helpful. Thank you for posting this. :rainbow:

This may be Blizzard’s new way of ’ ignoring ’ users. The only suggestion outside of this, is to poke the Web Design team asking for the ignore user notifications to also apply to blocking their posts completely. I’m unsure it’ll come though, since this is a copy paste from the Overwatch forums.

I suggest posting in the #support:website-bug-report to get their attention and hopefully the Web Design Team are looking. They’ve responded to a few threads on GD. Linsivi was on the forums yesterday. Suggestions like these, this is the perfect time to poke their ear about it, since they’re reading the forums at the moment.

Only reason I say the Website Bug forums, is that’s the best chance they’ll see it. GD flies by way too fast.

2 Likes

Blizzard has almost certainly become one of Discourse’s biggest paid customers. I know this because my forum was one of the largest Discourse installs on the internet as of last year and it’s waaaaaaaaay smaller than the WoW forums.

If Blizzard went to Discourse and said “we want an ignore feature”, they would listen. So it isn’t hopeless.

3 Likes

Ok. I pinged someone. It’s been added to “the list”. Hopefully an addition we can get.

6 Likes

You’re a doll :heart:

Radical. Glad these folks requests might come through.

Much appreciated. Thanks :smiley:

Thank you so much, this is awesome!